Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very confused about post op advice

+2
mrsball
clazabella
6 posters

Go down

Very confused about post op advice Empty Very confused about post op advice

Post by clazabella 25th July 2013, 6:55 am

I know that different surgeons say/do different things but at the end of the day a breast augmentation is the same wherever you have it and done and by whomever is doing it. So why do people seem to get such different advice post op.

Compression bras - i was told to wear mine all of the time for 3 months and at night still for 6 months...others have been told they don't need one at all or just for 6 or 8 weeks.

Wired bras - i was told by my surgeon that you MUST wear wired bras for support post 8 weeks or you will get droops, the place i am going for surgery in Thailand tells everyone with a BA not to wear any wires for 12 months as you get 'dented' scar tissue underneath which then causes a not pleasant look, others have said no wires for 3 or 6 months. I don't think i am happy after reading about it to wear wires at 8 weeks post op.

Scar cream - i have it (3 weeks post op) to put on from now, others have been told not to use it until 3 months post op

Massage - i have been told to massage from Week 2 (finding it hard to be honest as still quite sore one side) whereas others have been told no massage for a month or 3 months. Also read and heard about so many different massages and what you are supposed to do that i have no idea where to start.

I know you should always follow the advice from your surgeon (but now not 100% sure i picked the best one for my op and am really not that happy with the aftercare) but i don't get why so many different people are told so many sorts of different advice when it's the same operation. 

Confused......:doh:
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Very confused about post op advice Empty Re: Very confused about post op advice

Post by clazabella 25th July 2013, 7:00 am

Sorry posted this in the wrong forum...please delete
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 25th July 2013, 7:52 am

I'll move it for you x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 25th July 2013, 10:16 am

Can we use Arnica cream? Not on the scar just on the boobs. I am sure some of this pain and burning is inside bruising as my ribs still feel bruised if touched.
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 25th July 2013, 10:21 am

You really should follow the advice 'you' have been given by 'your' surgeon hun x if you don't it could void your aftercare!

The burning sensation may last a while, it is a good sign, it's everything inside knitting itself back together. Taking an antihistamine like piriton can help with this, also try an ice pack or frozen peas on your boobs, but keep away from your incisions xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 25th July 2013, 10:23 am

I agree with Lisa, I'm still pre BA and know that everyone has different advice but if we put out trust in the surgeon we choose to do the surgery in the first place we have to follow their advice after really! If you don't and it affects your boobs then it can ruin your aftercare xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 25th July 2013, 10:34 am

every one of us is different and therefore each of us are given different post of advice suited to 'our' bodies. It's important you follow the advice given to your surgeon for 'you' otherwise this could void your aftercare should you have a complication x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 25th July 2013, 10:42 am

yes i guess he knows best but don't want to wear a wired bra he is saying you have to wear if its going to cause any problems seeing stars
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 25th July 2013, 11:11 am

I have not heard of wired bras causing any problems if you have been given the all clear by your surgeon. Other than the usual irritation we all get from wires. Unless your wearing a very poorly fitting bra! But he is right as far as not wearing a good quality good fitting bra and drooping boobs are concerned! Boobs do droop, wether natural or implants,  and a good bra will help prolong the perkyness and avoid the drooping.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 25th July 2013, 11:17 am

Thanks...i think what i will do is to buy underwired and wired and alternate then. Hopefully this will take care of the drooping boobs and also won't rub on the scars too much if i alternate them daily.
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th July 2013, 12:14 pm

People get differing advise based on the surgery they had and the recovery instructions they feel is best for the individual patient.

Some ladies are super tight after surgery and wearing a sportsbra would be of no use to them at all, so a surgeon might advise they wear no sportsbra at all, or maybe a soft cup non wired bra. Some women need a support bra to help keep the breast stable until the implant has had time to adhere to the pocket. Someone will wear a binder to maintain that stability.

Scars all heal at different rates. Some women heal quicker than others, so you may able to use scar treatments early, another lady may have to wait 3 month..

Wearing wires... Some surgeons have suggested women don't wear wires at all, some for some months... So for some weeks, its all dependent on the patient and their healing babe.

I've never heard of worse causing dents though babe shrug my augmented boobs are seven years old now and there's not a single dent on my breasts at all. My first recovery I was wearing wires at 6 weeks post-op, my second I was wearing wires at 3 months post op and this time I'm still in my sportsbra at 8 months post-op and don't see my surgeon till September so I won't get the all clear to wear wires till then (hopefully).

Just listen to the instruction you're given by your own surgeon hun. Your surgeon is assessing your wounds and following your progress so knows what's right for YOU.

If you don't follow your surgeons instruction and something go wrong lovely, you do place your aftercare if you have any at risk of becoming void

Aftercare is only valid if you follow the advise given by your surgeon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down