Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss?

+10
g0902
jenniferrf1
2522laura
emilysarahdodds
rachij
Blueeyedsoul13
Victoria2345
kel70
Bizzyboobs
Max1980
14 posters

Go down

Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss? Empty Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss?

Post by Max1980 3rd July 2013, 9:43 pm

Working in a hospital my uniform is pretty baggy, but I still reckon people will notice and wonder!  Ive not told my boss why im taking all my leave at once either lol

Whos told their boss/colleagues?
Max1980
Max1980
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss? Empty Re: Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss?

Post by Bizzyboobs 3rd July 2013, 9:47 pm

Hi max, luckily I am the boss, I told my colleagues. I'm quite open so it's hard to not tell anyone. You do get bit weary of who to tell as some people are very judgemental. But I've waited ages and don't care. I'm doing it for me!!!!!xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss? Empty Re: Have you told/did you tell your colleagues/boss?

Post by kel70 3rd July 2013, 10:02 pm

Hi I'm hoping not to tell anyone but wonder whether it'll be too obvious.  Will no doubt be subject of office gossip. I feel a little embarassed about it but like you bizzyboobs I want something for me for a change! x
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by kel70 3rd July 2013, 10:03 pm

Good luck Max only a couple of days to go x
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Max1980 3rd July 2013, 10:29 pm

Thanks Kel xxx
Max1980
Max1980
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 3rd July 2013, 10:46 pm

Max I also work in hosp and I tokd my lead nurse as soon as I got letter of referal. My colleagues are all great and really supportive. Im an auxiliary nurse and will need full 6weeks off due to heavy ward I work in.

Ok so my advice would be speak to your line manager and explain to them what, when and how long you'll roughly be off x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 3rd July 2013, 11:24 pm

hi hun,
i wasn't going to mention it to anyone in my office, i'm an event manager and don't have any projects upcoming.
after 2 weeks off work i am going back this monday, but instead of sitting in the office they have asked me to fly off on a business trip instead!
so now i've only told the 2 colleagues that needed to know, that i had an op on my shoulder (little white lie) and thats why i wasn't able to lift anything heavy. so they booked me hold luggage even though i'm even going for one night lol.
hopefully they won't talk to anyone else about it.. i may ask them to keep it quiet.
if i had just been going back to the office i wouldnt have told anyone, but going on the business trip i needed to make sure i was able to do the job at hand x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 4th July 2013, 7:06 am

Hey

I've told some of the girls at work and them my supervisor has told my practice manager (I'm a dental nurse) otherwise I would go mad trying to keep it from people.

I have also told some close friends from the gym including my trainer as my surgeon has said I can go back to the gym after two weeks but doing lower body and core work, but nothing upper body til 4 weeks post op
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 4th July 2013, 7:49 am

Hi! I've told my boss but she's been so good about it all and luckily had a BA herself just under 10 years ago! I guess it's personal preference to if you want to tell anyone. But if it's going to be effecting your work then I guess you have to say something xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by 2522laura 4th July 2013, 8:41 am

I was going to ask this :0)

I have told 2 of my female colleagues but will not tell my bosses - I have 3 males so no way I want them to know!! I am hoping to have surgery on a Wednesday and go back to work on the Monday. I just sit at a desk so hoping it will be ok, though the 20 minute drive might be a struggle. I am hoping it wont be too obvious as I wear very heavily padded bras x
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th July 2013, 9:09 am

I havnt told anyone but after just finishing uni I'm looking to start a new job after my BA so no one will be none the wiser so I have that quite easily! But I havnt told any friends, my family and boyf are the only ones that know so I'm wondering if others will notice xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 4th July 2013, 9:37 am

I was the same as Jennifer :) i didnt really find it necessary to tell my work. Its easy to dress them down for work so that no-one notices - especially for the first few weeks when ur in your sports bra. 

I was of the opinion that 'why would I tell anyone who I didnt speak to about my boobs before my BA so why would I start now?' But of course its all down to personal preference hunxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 4th July 2013, 9:45 am

I'm paranoid about this one...i have my own baby swimming business and wear a tight rash vest in the pool and am completely flat chested.  i have told my teachers, but i can't announce to 300 clients obviously....but surely they are totally going to notice?!?!??!?!
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 4th July 2013, 10:05 am

hi jodioc :) generally we aren't allowed to go to the pool until around 6 weeks after the op (for some girls its longer!) so maybe your clients will have forgotten by then? Or you could maybe go for a slightly looser top?

I wouldn't worry though hun.. i don't really care if people notice.. i just don't want them to confront me about it lol (could be an awkward conversation!!) Just remember why you want this, who cares what others think :) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 4th July 2013, 10:47 am

I've decided not to say anything to anyone in work. I wear padded bras and loose tops so I'm hoping that they won't really notice. It's no one else's business anyway so don't be worrying. I went through this stage of worrying about other people being judgemental but this site has really helped overcome this. A BA is for you and your happiness, nothing to do with anyone else! :-) xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 4th July 2013, 10:59 am

g0902 I know i am probably just hyper paranoid - like  currently am about being flat chested!  my teachers said to me they hadn't noticed i was flat chested in the first place, so its just me being paranooid about how i feel about myself - hence the ba!  Who knows, maybe i will be so proud of them i'll be sticking them right out lol!  i have not told many people but also have decided if people have the front to ask, i will just tell them :)
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 4th July 2013, 11:01 am

Unless you're going from flat to super big, nobody will notice, especially if you're wearing baggy clothes x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 4th July 2013, 4:37 pm

I told my colleagues, they are really pleased for me nod 1 of them had her boobs done last December. It was awkward telling my boss though as he is he lol, but he was fine and quite supportive
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down