Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your friends and colleagues know?

+14
Mermaid
fawn
hattie260
BoobiePrize
Phoebe
COOKIE
misf1
pinkbabe
janeybird
Boobsplease
Crystal
Leighann82
natalia
Ellie38
18 posters

Go down

Do your friends and colleagues know? Empty Do your friends and colleagues know?

Post by Ellie38 13th June 2010, 8:28 am

Morning girls, having my best friend over today to break the news. Hope this will not drive us apart. My friend is a bigger girl and has a huge boobs. My head fits into her bra cup lol. I know her opinion on girls having their boobies done. Not a sympathetic one. That is why I have not told her yet or even mention my thought processes before making the decision.

My mum is next. I know she will not mind and will support me in this but my daddy is way too old fashioned and would "kill me" not literary of cause. I am such a coward that I will let my mum tell him. By the time I 'll speak to him, they will have talked it through and he will calm down. Shxx at least I hope.

My colleagues? Well they will just get a shock on my return to work and I will deal with it then. wtf Shocked
Ellie38
Ellie38
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Do your friends and colleagues know? Empty Re: Do your friends and colleagues know?

Post by natalia 13th June 2010, 8:32 am

if your friend is really a true friend she will support u no matter what how can she call herself a friend otherwise????
my mum was great she told me to go as big as i can bcause all the money i was paying and i took her advice well i coul dof gone abit bigger but i still went quite big my dad was ok with it but said he thinks its a waste of money xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Do your friends and colleagues know? Empty Re: Do your friends and colleagues know?

Post by Ellie38 13th June 2010, 8:38 am

Whayheey Mrs Natalia. Like the attitude and made me really laugh :-) xx
Ellie38
Ellie38
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Leighann82 13th June 2010, 9:15 am

Natlia put it perfect when it comes to dealing with your friend. Friend should be are there to support not judge whether they agree or disagree.

I have only told my mum and close friends up to now. I am also dreading my dad finding out as he is the same as yours, i remember when I mentioned it when I was 18 and he wasnt happy. So i'm not letting him know TILL AFTER the BA and only then will I let him know if he asks or is told - because he is type of person that would try and talk me out of it and I also can't be bothered to listen to him go on (Even though I know its only him being worried). I'm also hoping that once its done he will be embarrassed about talking about the issue (fingers crossed) and then he will just moan to my mum, but as I dont live there no more I'll be fine.

As with work I am in a bit of a predicament. My boss knows I will be taking two weeks off to have an "operation" which I was going to take as annual leave, but he has told me to take it as sick. I'm a bit unsure what to do because even though I'm through the NHS and will be valid to take it as sick, I'm worried what people might think if I take it as sick but then they see I have had a boob job and just jump to conclusions without knowing the facts - and unfortunatey I dont really want to discuss it with work that it ISNT for cosmetic reasons.

I am going to have a word with my boss tell him everything, and if it can be kept a private issue between me and him I will take it as sick and save my leave incase I dont feel ready to go back after 2 weeks and need to take extra time.

Other than that I'm trying to tell as little people as possible - keep them ALL guessing. xxx Do your friends and colleagues know? 375568
Leighann82
Leighann82
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 13th June 2010, 9:30 am

Hi Hun, My best friend i told was very supportive as she new how hard i found it not having any boobs & how down it got me.

Like nat said if she will not support you then is she a true friend because true friends care about how you feel & want the best for you.

Again both my parents supported me with my B.A as i always wanted one from the age of about 14-15.......they new i got alot of stick for being completely flat chested!

The only people that i didnt tell was friend that I new would have a bad reaction & talk about me behind my back & my Hubbys family.
I was at my hubbys mums house & we were sat at there tabke having dinner & somehow the subject off girls with 'fake' boobs cropped up & my hubbys father-in law said he hated 'fake' boobs as he had been with a women with them & they were 'horrible' and he could tell they were not 'right' & then she told him she had a BA & he said 'it all became clear as to why he hated them as they were not natural!' I then said 'well id have a BA if i had the money for one!' & both my hubbys mum & her bloke said oh you dont need one, it such a waste of money when you have a body like your & your pretty & then her bloke back tracked a bit & said that his daughter would have one if she had the chance! & that you have to do what makes you happy...........but i could tell my hubbys mum was discused with what i said! lol

so never told them & i just chuckle to myself everytime i see them & they stare at my new boobs & cant say anythin to me!

My hubbys sister was a nightmare so i didnt tell her either.........she was the main person who used to rip me to peices infrount of EVERYONE saying really nasty things like 'oh i guess you would never no as you dont have any boobs' and 'lets face it you really dont have any boobs do you!' & at 1st i used to laugh it off but it go so bad i couldnt even laugh at her anymore.......My parent said she was just jelous of me as she was ( and this will sound harsh lol) sjort , fat & ugle & I was skinny & pretty (my parents words not mine lol ) so she would try & make me feel infearer to her & to make herself feel better about herself.............

Anyway she couldnt even look at me for like a month after having my boobs done as she new i had them done (i didnt tell her she could just see lol) & she was sooooo annoyed about it.....I just think its funny now & i make sure they look really big when i no we will be seeing her to wind her up even more.......needless to say i dont get any no boobs jokes anymore!

Your true friend will stand by you & as for family......its hard to say as some mums find it quite upsetting that there daughters are not happy with the body they gave them but im sure if you sit down with them & calmly exsplain why your wanting it so badly then they will get used to ithe idea in the end & support you

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobsplease 13th June 2010, 10:32 am

Haha crystal, I like your story!
With my ba I told most people, close friends and avoiding telling work, have a very flexible job and I'm a professional singer so have been doing that since my ba... And let's just say the audience approves lol.
I travel between two citys with my job and bumped into some girls I used to be very friendly with and I could see them whispering then they came over started saying how "well I looked" and how they liked my dress. Thought it was hilarious how they were dying to say something. They were never very supportive when I mentioned it when we were close but typically they all had Massive boobs (they never approve)!!
The major point that I would like to make is about how well my dad took the news. I was just about booking it when my mum without warning, told my dad I was having a ba. My dad is THE most old fashioned person in the world and he was not impressed. My mum and my sis tried to talk him round (they are both very supportive, as I'm the only woman in the family that resembles a 12 yr old boy) but when I got home, explained that I had worn ridiculously padded bras since I was fifteen he started coming around to the idea. Then the next day he started
talking about nipple placement with me... Then he crack out the page 3 and says you've got make sure your nipples are facing upwards love...Very strange.
Wow this is long, but anyway as long as your happy with your decision and are prepared for the odd bitchy comment and jealousy you will be fine. X
Boobsplease
Boobsplease
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie38 13th June 2010, 10:48 am

Go on Christal rub it in.

Boobsplease, just the thought the dawer full of padding and ridiculously hot brars worn in the summer - going, going GONE! Can not even breathe with excitement.
Ellie38
Ellie38
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 13th June 2010, 1:12 pm

I told the last of my closest friend last night, she has had a ba so was just REALLY excited (a friend of mine has had them for 10 years and never told any of her friends OR parents ha ha ha) have not told either parent for same reasons as Leighann they will DEFO try to talk me out of it and im stressed enough as it is, have told my boss as needed the time off but no-one else at work gonna play it by ear and see if can get away with it ha ha

Ellie you and me this week kid :)

x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 13th June 2010, 5:06 pm

I told my closest mates most of them were happy for me and few made some remarks but I just let it go over my head. One still can be abit funny but its cos all the attention isnt all on her now and she hates that! I told my parents, they werent happy but could see I was having a ba no matter what. I only told one girl in work who has since left anyway. I dont think anyone else knows but if they do they dont say anything.

I think people who make comments are just jelouse to be honest and if a friend cant be happy for you then they shouldnt really call themselves a friend. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 13th June 2010, 5:33 pm

I told everyone and had a couple of bad reactions but only because they had it in their heads I'd be going for the jordan look. Once I'd had it done they were fine and very happy for me. As for work I told my friends in work and just told the office gossip. I didn't have to say anything then everyone knew so it was easy lol. I was nervous going back to work then cause I knew everyone would be looking. But they were all really nice about it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th June 2010, 6:04 pm

Ellie38 wrote:I know her opinion on girls having their boobies done. Not a sympathetic one.

A true friend will stand by your decision regardless of their opinion hun, she may try to dissuade you at first, but stand firm and just ask that she respect that you've
researched the procedure, you're happy with your decision, you're going
ahead with the surgery and that you'd really appreciate her support.

If she cares about you hunni, she'll be there for you no matter what.

My mum is next. I know she will not mind and will support me in this but my daddy is way too old fashioned and would "kill me" not literary of cause. I am such a coward that I will let my mum tell him. By the time I 'll speak to him, they will have talked it through and he will calm down. Shxx at least I hope.

My colleagues? Well they will just get a shock on my return to work and I will deal with it then. wtf Shocked

Good luck hun! - Hopefully everyone will be just fine babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 13th June 2010, 6:08 pm

So how did it go with your friend Ellie? x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 13th June 2010, 6:16 pm

Everyone I told was ok, had no problems at all until last week when I went shopping with my best mate. I was looking at bras, and she picked up a 34d for me, but I told her it wouldn't fit. She gave me a snooty look and said " your no bigger than that Im a DD, and you're not at big as me". She has always been jealous if I had something she didnt, even though she is beautiful, she needs to better than me for everything. We have both lost 3 stone, but I am 5ft 7 size 12 with 34E (Yes E) boobs and she is 5ft 2 size 14 with 36DD Boobs, and she doesnt like it one bit. Buy hay ho, I dont care what anybody thinks xx
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 13th June 2010, 6:32 pm

I'm dreading the stares come Tuesday, my ears aren't that obvious but my boobs still look like cones in clothes at the min, but I still haven't figured out a story as to what I've done for the last week!

With regards to your best friend, I think she'll probably feel a bit embarrassed about judging people that get boobs and that because she's done that you weren't able to be open with her earlier. My best friend has really big boobs too and is losing weight, she was really supportive and ever since my BA hasn't stopped going on about how she's going to get her boobs lifted and implants when she's the size she wants to be.

Anyway I think people are just scared of what they don't know or haven't experienced. Bring her into your world and she'll soon see sense

Good luck!
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 13th June 2010, 6:40 pm

i told a few people before but not everyone - i just had a blase attitude about it, and i didn't care if people were negative about it. Having a BA was for me so I really didn't give a hoot what anyone else thought!
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie38 13th June 2010, 10:15 pm

Hi girls, thank you so much for sharing so intimet stories with me. It makes me feel so much more at ease with everything knowing that I am not alone in this.

Anyway, you are all probably dying to hear what happened today.

Well, I still have a best friend, the best there is and was worried for nothing. She took me shopping for some jamies and we had a nice couple of glasses of wine at hers.

She was shocked at first, of cause, but said more or less straight away that if that was what I wanted she would support me - that's what friends are for. When I mentioned my knowledge of her opinion, she felt bad and a bit imbarrased but I didn't let her stu over it.

She is a true friend and the best one I could ever wish for. Thanks so much again. Janeybird, only a day and half for you now :-) x thank you
Ellie38
Ellie38
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 13th June 2010, 11:48 pm

I have told pretty much everyone! People at school, at work, all my family members. I don't think its a big deal at all and neither do any of them! Cosmetic surgery is pretty common here though.
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 14th June 2010, 10:04 am

I'm glad your friend took it well ellie and is going to support you. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Mermaid 14th June 2010, 2:02 pm

Really pleased for you hon - it's such a dilemma who to tell. I haven't told my parents or my OH's. Everyone else knows though.

I had to tell everyone at work which was simply awful. A girl who used to work for me mentioned over a year ago how she's like hers doing and flipantly I said the same. Then over Facebook after she had left where I work she was asking people if I'd had it done and I hadn't told anyone else and wasn't even sure if I wanted it really. Then I went to a wedding in May last year and before I had arrived she'd been talking about it there too!! I hadn't even had a consultation at that point. So I took her aside and told her to shut the **** up.

So when I decided to have it (sept last year) I told everyone at work because knowledge is power and if they all have the same information then they are all equal and noone has the upper hand. I am such a private person so to be so open was a killer. But it meant people couldn't gossip because they all knew. But then I had the added attention when i got back to work - to the point where the girls felt they could just touch them without asking!!! WTF!!!

One of my dentists was having a poke (not great just 2 weeks after with all the fireworks going off in there...) and she commented how soft and natural they felt.... I in response to this whilst recoiling in horror said "yes because that's my actual boob you're feeling I was a C before this..the implants are still way up here...you're just groping original boobage"

Crazy.... I manage a dental practice BTW before anyone thinks I was touched up by my own dentist! My boss asked me where I was going on my 2 weeks off and I felt bad I didn't want to lie so I told him I was having an extention and chased that up with a booby gesture....he laughed went red and we never spoke of it again! Hahahaha....

Now if anyone asks me I give them the Marilyn Monroe answer when she was asked if hers were real "those who know know and those who don't don't"

Have a great day lovelies...xxx
Mermaid
Mermaid
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 14th June 2010, 5:36 pm

Ah Ellie, so glad it went well. With good friends supporting you it'll be a fabulous experience Do your friends and colleagues know? 184153
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 14th June 2010, 6:48 pm

I only told two of my friends and never said a word to anyone at work! Glad your friend is supporting you ellie x
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 14th June 2010, 8:05 pm

I told only my closest friends and 2 of them have had it done. Told my mum and 2 sisters the night b4 surgery as my friends thought i should incase anything went wrong. I didnt want to tell them as I knew my mum and 1 of my sisters would find it hard to keep it a secret. They were all very supportive as they knew i'd been talking about it for years. Anyway, my sister told my cousin and my mum told her hairdresser!!!! Of course I was and am absolutely disgusted that they told my personal business to other people and they know how i feel.

As for work, I pretended I'd hurt my back and took 2 weeks off! When i went back I wore non revealing clothes for the first 2 weeks.

Just be careful who u tell. xx
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrapuss 14th June 2010, 9:11 pm

Hi Ellie,

I'm glad your friend is supporting you. I haven't told anyone yet.

I told my boss I needed time off for an "operation" and I offered to use my holiday but he said take it as sick.
He said "Can I ask what it is or not?"
I said " Er It's a bit delicate actually, the "lady" area.

I'm hoping my colleagues won't notice anything! I'm going to start padding my bras up gradually until my op in August! Boobs
Astrapuss
Astrapuss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie38 15th June 2010, 5:45 am

Astrapuss, I hear what you are saying about that padding. Have been doing the same. Couple of comments from girls in the office, like "you are quite big busted for your frame........pause??" I did not bite. They are probably still wandering. Have been a bit bitchy about another girl at work who had it done lately. So I think they do not deserve the privilage of knowing.

My boss is the bestest I have ever had. Older man with a great sense of humor. I told him cause needed the time off. I specifically told him that I will be taking it as holidays so people would not ask questions. I said that I would appreciate if he did not tell anyone. He asked what about the girl I work oposite? I said That no one at work knows and hoping they will not notice anything. He giggled (very restraigned though reminding himsel he is my boss) and said - if no one notices you will have wasted your money?! LoL. Both burst out laughing then. I know he will not tell a soul and if there are any complications he will know and will protect me.
Ellie38
Ellie38
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tizzyt 15th June 2010, 6:09 pm

Hi hun,ive only ever told close friends about mine and they have been great,Ive never actually told my parents as they really woudn't understand.I only had fairly smal limplants and nobody has ever said anything .Good luck x
tizzyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 972

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down