Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GA procedure

+5
tinkerbell24
Princess_x
COOKIE
silverpanther
kenzie1985
9 posters

Go down

GA procedure Empty GA procedure

Post by kenzie1985 14th March 2013, 7:30 pm

Hi girls,

Just wondered if anyone has damaged their teeth on the breathing tube whilst you have GA.

I have weak teeth and a crown ...I'm worried they will be broken :-(

Any experiences ??
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1068

Back to top Go down

GA procedure Empty Re: GA procedure

Post by silverpanther 14th March 2013, 7:46 pm

Hiya,

The anaesthetist did ask me whether I had any crowns etc, and as I didn't he didn't say anything else. I didn't notice at all if my teeth were painful afterwards, all the attention was on Flash !!!

I'm sure yours will ask you and be sure to tell him your concerns, and he will be extra careful :)
XXXX
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th March 2013, 7:51 pm

I have crowns babe and they're just fine. No bother with my teeth at all. You just have to make the anaestetist aware that you have a crown lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 14th March 2013, 7:56 pm

Fantastic! Flash
I just worry that I'll gain a nice pair of boobs and then lose my teeth.
Not long to go now!

So having some last minute thoughts. :-)

kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 14th March 2013, 8:42 pm

I don't have any crowns or anything, but my teeth were fine. The tube just gave me a VERY VERY sore throat x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 14th March 2013, 9:11 pm

I don't mind a sore throat... Although having a big tube down my throat freaks me out abit.

kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th March 2013, 10:38 pm

I always blooming wake up when they are taking the tube out I told the surgeon that scared me and I told my surgeon that after my spinal wore off when I had my section and I felt everything that I was so so scared of going under and of needles etc etc

He seen when I got the the anesthetic room is was so so nervous and was starting to go into a little shock, he also noticed I had the "magic" cream on so I never felt the needle and he was so so nice, he gave me a small amount of GA to relax me and god did it help lol then the next think I knew I was drifting off then I woke in recovery and never woke when the tube was coming out

I did however have sore teeth and a very very sore throat and dry lips, take vaseline for you lips after xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 17th March 2013, 1:08 pm

The GA is the area of the BA ive done the least amount of research, which I know is silly. Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th March 2013, 6:32 pm

yolanda12310 wrote:The GA is the area of the BA ive done the least amount of research, which I know is silly. Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

x

You're taken into the theatre Yolanda. A nurse and an aneasthetist will both be with you. They'll chat to you about everyday things to help you relax and a canula will be put in your hand. You'll be told when they'll be sending you off to sleep. Its all very gentle and the care you're given is very thoughtful to the fact that the majority of women are nervous at this time. I personally don't remember a thing after being told I was going to drift off to 'laa, laa land' lol that was it, I was out, I blinked my eyes, opening them to having my new boobs! Or at least that's how it felt. I was obviously in the theatre for about an hour but it felt like I had my eyes open - no boobs, I blinked, opening my eyes and WOW boobs!

Its nothing to be afraid of and if you are nervous, don't be afraid of telling the staff. They're fully trained to deal with nervous patients so they will do all they can to help put you at ease babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 17th March 2013, 6:39 pm

I have a crown and it was absolutely fine - don't think about the tube as you don't see it go in or come out... xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 18th March 2013, 7:47 pm

Thanks Cookie for that explaination, great to know! Ive never had GA before and after hearing stories of it making you sick, Im getting a little nervous. I'm just gonna ask them to give me anti-sickness meds from the start to prevent it lol, if i can do that, that is!! haahaa
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 18th March 2013, 8:27 pm

Some people are continuously sick after GA, others not at all (I wasn't sick or didn't even feel sick afterwards).
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 18th March 2013, 8:53 pm

I asked my ps today about sickness and he said it's a reaction to the morphine that is given during the surgery.. you can request anti-nausea meds which will help prevent it. My pre-op nurse asked if I usually get car-sick, and when I said yes she made a note of it so that it can be administered on the day if the dr. thinks necessary. I don't think I'll have anything left in my stomach anyway - surgery is at night so I will have only had one meal in 24 hours as my last meal is breakfast that morning... I'm more worried about being totally starving as I never skip meals!
Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 21st March 2013, 6:44 pm

Well I guess you were lucky Princess_x, I hope I am also that lucky and dont feel ill afterwards!!
Overall the starving myself part of this is the thing I am looking forward to the least because I love my food and eat little and often usuallly! I think I will try to sleep through the hunger lol!!
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2013, 7:39 pm

yolanda12310 wrote:Thanks Cookie for that explaination, great to know! Ive never had GA before and after hearing stories of it making you sick, Im getting a little nervous. I'm just gonna ask them to give me anti-sickness meds from the start to prevent it lol, if i can do that, that is!! haahaa

My surgery before this last one I was terribly sick, it was awful babe. I take morphine for a medical condition so I'm unsure the reaction is due to morphine?

I spoke with the anaesthetist before surgery and explained that I just couldn't cope with being sick again because it literally wiped me out last time and he explained that there are different types of anaesthetic they can use. Maybe I had a milder one that didnt cause sickness, I don't know. What I do know is that I woke having a totally different experience to the one I had last time and felt great!

So if you're prone to being sick, or have a fear of sickness, just be honest babe. Explain how you feel and your fears and I promise, the anaesthetist will do everything they can to ensure you're as comfortable as possible when you when up. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 21st March 2013, 7:46 pm

I'm sure noone likes to be sick, and I'm not the exception. If I can get the one that is unlikely to make me sick or feel sick then ill be very happy.
I read a post before that the lady was asked if she suffered from travel sickness and when she said yes, the person made a note of this ?? I did suffer from it as a child and occasionally will as an adult. If i explain this will they give me the 'good stuff' to prevent the sickness dyou think? Is there any link with travel sickness and how your body responds to GA?
Thanks in advance. x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshdoll 21st March 2013, 7:50 pm

I have 4 crowns - hey told me they ask u because its fairly common for people who are coming around to bite down hard on their teeth- I was fine they were aware of my crowns and previous sickness so had extra meds wasn't sick or felt it at all- I actually loved being put to sleep! yes what a lovely feeling!!!
Xxxx
Welshdoll
Welshdoll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st March 2013, 7:50 pm

I'm unsure about any links hun, but what I am sure of is that if the anaesthetist CAN do something to make your post-op better for you, they will.

All you have to do is explain your fears babe. Don't worry about what anyone else feels, it doesn't matter that no-one would want to be sick post-op, of course they don't! What matters when you go for your op is YOU babe, so you make it clear to the anaesthetist what YOU want and they do honestly listen hun. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 21st March 2013, 7:59 pm

Ok, thanks again cookie for your help here.
It makes sense, you are paying the premium for private so you would expect them to do everything they can to ensure you have the best experience. xx
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down