Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying overnight at hospital after BA

+5
cazalino
COOKIE
Kmaise3
icecream
JustPeachy
9 posters

Go down

Staying overnight at hospital after BA Empty Staying overnight at hospital after BA

Post by JustPeachy 18th September 2012, 10:18 am

Did any of you stay overnight after BA? Everything I have read so far on here (not been looking, just general comments) suggests most people are out the same day.

My PS said if I get overs I will be in a minimum of 1 night, 2 max if all straight forward. If I get unders the 3-4 nights. I don't know which I am getting as I have some breast tissue but not much and she won't be able to see properly until she opens me up Staying overnight at hospital after BA 588945 she is hoping, as am I, to do overs though.
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Staying overnight at hospital after BA Empty Re: Staying overnight at hospital after BA

Post by icecream 18th September 2012, 10:21 am

I stayed overnight after my BA. Had mine done around 4:00pm and was done by 4:45pm and woke up around 5:20pm. Was released the next day around 2:00pm.

The PS mentioned that I had a choice. I could either stay the night or go home after my op, depending on how I was feeling.

Good luck hun! xx
icecream
icecream
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Staying overnight at hospital after BA Empty Re: Staying overnight at hospital after BA

Post by JustPeachy 18th September 2012, 10:25 am

I have to be at hospital for 8am so I am assuming I will be early but have to defo stay over.
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmaise3 18th September 2012, 10:38 am

Hi, I stayed over night too, went in at 1;30pm, boobs done and back in room by 4pm (ish) and went home 8;30 the next day. :smiler:
Kmaise3
Kmaise3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmaise3 18th September 2012, 10:39 am

vicki0182 wrote:Hi, I stayed over night too, went in at 1;30pm, boobs done and back in room by 4pm (ish) and went home 8;30 the next day. :smiler:

8;30AM!! dance
Kmaise3
Kmaise3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th September 2012, 10:42 am

Most here if they do stay in hospital having unders or over and no complications will have a one night stay lovely.

With having tuberous breasts your surgery may not be as straight forward as a regular BA, so the more invasive the surgery, the more time you may need to recover in hospital Peachy, so your surgeon is just preparing you for the possibility of a longer stay so you aren't worrying post-op if you are staying longer than other ladies.

I had a 2 night stay for my last surgery, but it was more invasive and I wasn't well enough to go home after the one day which was planned.

As long as you're being well taken care of and I'm sure you will be, don't worry about the length of stay babe... Just enjoy the feeling of having lovely new boobs! Staying overnight at hospital after BA 154564 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 18th September 2012, 10:52 am

I stayed over night and that was with transform. I was operated on at about 5 and out the next morning. I had drains so wouldn't have been able to leave anyway x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 18th September 2012, 10:54 am

I have the long car journey home I am dreading too. It's almost 2 hours in the car Staying overnight at hospital after BA 683465
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 18th September 2012, 10:58 am

You could hold a pillow across your chest so that the pillow absorbs any bumps you go over and gives them a little more support x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 18th September 2012, 11:06 am

thanks Cazalino, I read that somewhere else too and have it on my long list of things not to forget Staying overnight at hospital after BA 184153

Only other problem with the car journey is I get really travel sick :(
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th September 2012, 11:12 am

Be sure to take sick bags with you for the car journey. It's not unusual to get a little sick on the journey home.

You could ask at the hospital to given anti-sickness meds to help you and that should help, but just take a couple of bags with you just incase and DON'T WORRY! you're gonna be just fine Staying overnight at hospital after BA 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 18th September 2012, 11:35 am

cookie wrote:Be sure to take sick bags with you for the car journey. It's not unusual to get a little sick on the journey home.

You could ask at the hospital to given anti-sickness meds to help you and that should help, but just take a couple of bags with you just incase and DON'T WORRY! you're gonna be just fine Staying overnight at hospital after BA 571992 xx

I have the sick bags on my checklist too ;)

Last time I had a GA they gave me anti-sick meds and they helped massively. I hate travelling as a passenger Staying overnight at hospital after BA 683465
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 18th September 2012, 11:46 am

You'll probably be tired hunni and want a snooze on the way home anyway, which might help with the sickness? The longer you stay in hozzy, the easier for you anyway as you have on hand assistance! Just take plenty of books/magazines/ music cuz if it is a longer stay you may go crazy with boredom!x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 18th September 2012, 12:12 pm

I think I will enjoy the longer stay as I will have no kids or other half to look after Staying overnight at hospital after BA 375568
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 18th September 2012, 4:24 pm

I stayed overnight and I quite enjoyed it to be honest, the nurses were lovely and I was well cared for. Don't worry about your length of stay peachy, it's all for your health and wellbeing so don't compare your length to other's just focus on what you need. Hug

As for the car ride home I had about a two hour drive, it wasn't incredibly pleasant but I found listening to a relaxing album on iPod with my earphones helped drown out everything else. Just make sure you're wearing something nice and comfy, even your PJs if you ilke! xx
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy me 18th September 2012, 7:59 pm

I was supposed to stay overnight as I live about 1 and 45 mins from the hospital but as I stayed at my brothers house I was allowed home same day. We drove home day after my surgery and I had my pillow in the car ready it really does help just pull your belt over the pillow and you will be fine xx
Mummy me
Mummy me
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 18th September 2012, 8:04 pm

i agree with Alice, it is quite enjoyable, its not like your on a ward, your in your own private room, tea/coffee brought to you, tv, ensuite etc.
All part if the experience i think x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 18th September 2012, 8:05 pm

I stayed overnight for both mine and like Alice I enjoyed being looked after as the nurses were brilliant. xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down