Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA

+3
COOKIE
sparkyleeds
Princesslisa2012
7 posters

Go down

Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA Empty Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA

Post by Princesslisa2012 6th August 2012, 8:00 pm

Hey Ladies wavey
Just wondering when you quit smoking , intend to quit or did you quit before your BA i don't smoke a lot but a few a day. I quit through both pregnancies but after 2 kids i cant imagine quitting again anytime soon i am thinking of quitting 3 days before till i go back for my stitches to be removed, Also i have a party Saturday night don't know if i should avoid drinking altogether my BA is next Thursday x thank you x
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA Empty Re: Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA

Post by sparkyleeds 6th August 2012, 8:07 pm

I didnt drink for 2 weeks before ba,and cut down ciggies to about 5 aday ,didnt have any day before ba!,unfortunatley it only lasted till a week after then back to normal again!Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA 375568 xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2012, 8:22 pm

Smoking is proven to give your boobs an increased risk of infection post-op. It may also increase your healing time lovely. So the sooner you can quit the better for yourself and your new boobs babe, if you can keep it up until at least 2 weeks after surgery, you'll be giving your boobs the very best chance at healing.

Drinking.. You really should avoid alcohol so close to your surgery date hun. Alcohol in your system acts as a blood thinner so you won't be doing yourself any favours risking that sweetheart. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misspetal 6th August 2012, 9:43 pm

Just wondering how smoking affects you when having a BA? Is it the carbon monoxide etc

I gave up 3 months ago but am vaping so still getting nicotine. The surgeons I've seen so far said that's fine although did warn the 16+ years smoking place me at a higher risk cos my system isn't back to normal.
misspetal
misspetal
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsH 6th August 2012, 9:45 pm

Princesslisa2012 wrote:Hey Ladies wavey
i don't smoke a lot but a few a day.
I'm the same lisa. My surgeon told me to stop smoking at least 1 wk before my surgery and stop drinking 2 days before. I've now stopped smoking so it'll be just over 2wks. He also said if i wanted to smoke again, to leave it at least a week after my surgery. You probably guessed my surgeon is a smoker lol.
xxx
MrsH
MrsH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Princesslisa2012 7th August 2012, 9:09 am

Lol Mrs H sounds like it!! Haha he may aswell have said smoke as much as you want lol I'm going to quit then I want the best chance at healing I'll probably have a glass or 2 Saturday but not go over board it's rarely I go out just my luck lol but Its for the best thanks cookie I didn't think about the blood thinning at all it's amazing what small things you don't think about.
Thanks for all your in put ladies I better start cutting down tomorrow and quit by Friday worst part is cigs calm my nerves I'm going to be a wreck next week lol xxx
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misspetal 7th August 2012, 9:13 am

Have you tried the electronic cigs? I'm using the better version of these (got a big kit etc) but you can get disposable ones. Not quite the same as smoking but they make giving up so much easier.

I don't even miss the fags - even when I'm drinking. Don't touch tobacco flavours anymore either. Today I'm vaping cheesecake flavour and also have strawberry milkshake flavour with me dance
misspetal
misspetal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 7th August 2012, 10:15 am

I wouldn't drink at all on Saturday tbh x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th August 2012, 12:04 pm

misspetal wrote:Have you tried the electronic cigs? I'm using the better version of these (got a big kit etc) but you can get disposable ones. Not quite the same as smoking but they make giving up so much easier.

I don't even miss the fags - even when I'm drinking. Don't touch tobacco flavours anymore either. Today I'm vaping cheesecake flavour and also have strawberry milkshake flavour with me Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA 899188

Please do remember when using these electric cigarettes that they are a nicotine substitute. When you place the nicotine in the top your body is still taking the toxins from that into your body, so although they're great to help you stop smoking, they're not so great for helping you heal.

Here is an extract of what nicotine does to your body:

Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor that reduces nutritional blood flow to the
skin, resulting in tissue ischemia and impaired healing of injured
tissue. Nicotine also increases platelet adhesiveness, raising the risk
of thrombotic microvascular occlusion and tissue ischemia. In addition,
proliferation of red blood cells, fibroblasts, and macrophages is
reduced by nicotin.

source HERE

xplayboybunnyx wrote:I wouldn't drink at all on Saturday tbh x

I agree with playboybunny hun. I personally don't think a couple of drinks is worth the risk of complication. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princesslisa2012 7th August 2012, 12:10 pm

ok thanks ladies ill stay clear of the drink and should be quit smoking by Friday im lucky that when i have quit before i just have given up with no help so fingers crossed ill do it again like that XXX
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misspetal 7th August 2012, 12:19 pm

[quote="cookie"]

Please do remember when using these electric cigarettes that they are a nicotine substitute. When you place the nicotine in the top your body is still taking the toxins from that into your body, so although they're great to help you stop smoking, they're not so great for helping you heal.

[quote]

Yeah I know they still have nicotine. I mentioned it to the 3 consultants I saw and none of them have a problem with any NRT or these ecigs so that's why I was wondering if it was the carbon monoxide etc that puts you at a higher risk (rather than nicotine alone).

I've cut down to the low strength ones now and hope to get to the zero nic flavours at some stage. Don't want to rush it and risk going back on the cigs though
misspetal
misspetal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th August 2012, 12:29 pm

misspetal wrote:Yeah I know they still have nicotine. I mentioned it to the 3 consultants I saw and none of them have a problem with any NRT or these ecigs so that's why I was wondering if it was the carbon monoxide etc that puts you at a higher risk (rather than nicotine alone).

No sweetness, it's the nicotine too that dictates the healing time and risk of infection as you've read above.

I've cut down to the low strength ones now and hope to get to the zero nic flavours at some stage. Don't want to rush it and risk going back on the cigs though

Understandable Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA 1978086825 It must be so bloody hard for anyone quitting, but when you've wanted and saved for your boobs for so long, when you step back and think of the possibility that it could all be for nothing if you have to have the implants explanted due to infection, or worse still develop necrosis and possibly lose skin, it puts it all into perspective doesn't it hun.

There are those out there that just can't quit at all no matter how hard they try and for those women, cutting down as little as they can is better than not cutting down at all and it would really be in their best interest if they just can't quite not to smoke for at the very least 24 hours before surgery.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misspetal 7th August 2012, 12:32 pm

Yeah will def consider what to do when I finally get around to booking a date. I think even if I got some zero nic for the week or so before maybe I can trick my mind cos I'll still have the sensation of smoking lol!

Reading everyone's stories here is getting me more and more impatient - honestly can't wait to get boobies!
misspetal
misspetal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th August 2012, 12:39 pm

haha! It does doesn't it. Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA 1978086825 Having a BA really is one of those times in your life that you never forget. It's right up there with wedding days, having kids, all the most important things in life. Really, it's that good Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA 727935

I was looking up surgeons for you the other day, I'll PM you what I found Smoking & Alcohol PRE BA 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misspetal 7th August 2012, 12:41 pm

Oh that would be amazing thanks. Usually google is my best friend but not having much joy with this help

The biggest discussion forum over here doesn't allow discussions on individual clinics and surgeons - it's so frustrating!! :doh:
misspetal
misspetal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misspetal 7th August 2012, 7:32 pm

Hi Cookie

Can't reply to your pm cos I haven't reach the posts limit so just wanted to say thanks for the information.

misspetal
misspetal
misspetal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 8th August 2012, 8:07 am

My PO instructions were to cut down 2 within weeks Post op and no smoking or alcohol within 48hrs. I ended up going cold turkey 48hrs before my op as I didn't manage to pack in before
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down