Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implant types

+6
letfreedomsing
jodie1204
Parisgirl23
Princess_x
Twinkle3
*Alice*
10 posters

Go down

Implant types Empty Implant types

Post by *Alice* 17th June 2012, 3:42 pm

I'm wondering how many women were offered different types of implant when they went for their consultations?

I ask because I was never offered any options other than size, not even the choice between anatomicals and rounds. If it wasn't for BJSF I perhaps wouldn't have known there were such things as high profile or different models etc.

Is this pretty standard practise or did Transform just not make much of an effort with me? shrug X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Implant types Empty Re: Implant types

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 3:55 pm

Transfoem only have 2 types of implants allergen CUI and naturelle, CUI is standard and naturelle costs extra and they just expect u 2 ask if you want the naturelle I think because they didn't mention it to me either its just standard practice for them xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 3:59 pm

Pc did say to me at first consultation that they have 95% for under the muscle and 100% for over the muscle but not sure about anatomicals or rounds either they don't do anatomicals or they just don't mention them coz they cost extra xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 17th June 2012, 4:37 pm

For my 1st BA at HMG, they didn't mention anything about implant types. I didn't know much myself then, I thought an implant was an implant, so I didn't find out I had PIP's until I had the ID card thing after surgery. They didn't mention profiles to me, I always thought I had mods but my ID card says UH/UHP. And I wasn't told anything about rounds/anatomicals.

For my 2nd BA at THG, I was told everything about profiles, round/anatomicals and the different implant types. PS suggested what size, profile and type to have based on the look I wanted, then I got to choose the size (between 3) and the implant type.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Parisgirl23 17th June 2012, 4:42 pm

I wasn't told anything at Transform either!

I was shown a few by my PCC, sizes and then one that was 100% silicone and another that was 95% silicone 5% something and it looked quite watery and the 100% was more solid.

I didn't know about high profile or anything. From reading about stuff on the internet I read about anatomicals so I asked about teardrop and they said they don't really use them cos they bottom out and look saggy.

So I don't know what type of implant I'm getting I only know the size options Implant types 267328

I did ask over or under when I saw Mr Clarke and he said definitely over for me. Maybe I should ask him what implant I'm getting and why on Thurs?

XX
Parisgirl23
Parisgirl23
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 17th June 2012, 4:50 pm

I was aware there were rounds or anatomicals but that was it until I joined here. I think this is a bit rubbish really, when you hear about some of the amazing care surgeons' have gone into to find the perfect shape, size and placement and then other women get 'one type fits all'. I saw my PCC initially and she gave me an implant to feel, explaining that they use Allergen implants which were made of cohesive gel. There was never a window to ask about different profiles etc.

Not that I'm unhappy with the results, don't get me wrong! Given a time machine I would probably end up with exactly what I have now. I just think its strange how some women are offered so many different options and then others such as myself are only given the choice of how many cc. x

*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie1204 17th June 2012, 5:11 pm

Hi im the same i was just given the choice off cc's rather than profile and shape. I did mention the round vs teardrop shape to dr clarke at my consultation after id looked at a few n he said the same that the teardrops sag a bit and the round end up droppin into a tear shape anyway and can achieve a better size for me personally with a round one bcoz i had wide enough frame to support them. He also said id have over bcoz i have enough tissue so they wont look stuck on n really fake. :) was told by my pcc that they only really use cui allergan implants unless u actually request to have the naturelles.

Didnt remember all tht until ive just read the post n came floodin back haha. I think they just give u what they thinks best unless u question why they decided a certain shape, size etc. hope this helps a bit, sorry for wafflin on. Lol xx
jodie1204
jodie1204
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 232

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 17th June 2012, 5:16 pm

That makes a lot of sense Jodie, if one particular style is going to generally be better suited it does make it easier for them to just keep it as a standard rather than confusing patients even more. I just thought it was odd some people get more options but as I can see it isn't just me! x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie1204 17th June 2012, 5:24 pm

Yeah i did wonder aswell before id read so much about boobs. Lol my friend has recently had her first ba with mya n her surgeon only gave her one option for size bt i was given 2 different sizes to choose from. Strange! Lol xx
jodie1204
jodie1204
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 5:49 pm

Good to know, but I do think they should give info on the naturelle at your first consultation xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 17th June 2012, 6:46 pm

I was just told about the allergan implants and didnt even know about natrelle's until later on. Mr Traynor was great cause in my consult he told me the difference, asked which I would prefer and wrote down about 5 sizes he would offer of each type! But no one has mentioned at all to me about high profile etc.
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 17th June 2012, 6:58 pm

Same story here. I wasn't told about the different ranges and choices of implant available. Like Alice, I knew about anatomicals and rounds, but knew anatomicals weren't for me, so was happy to only talk about rounds. I saw my surgeon's notes so knew I was getting MHP but had no idea what it meant until I looked it up online.

It does seem odd that some surgeons / clinics work offer up information more freely than others. Maybe it's a contractual thing? Implant types 267328
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 17th June 2012, 8:37 pm

We discussed different sizes, shapes and profiles as far as my choices were concerned, I had a choice of a variety of these. I'm glad we did because there were a few ways to acheive the look that I like, and decided on the one that best suited my individual needs.

As far as the brand is concerned Mybreast use Nagor, but their round one, the Impleo is Nagor's premium round one anyhow, with the gel filling I wanted and was what I was happy with, so never bothered asking about their other options if any.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2012, 8:56 pm

My 1st BA at Transform, I had no clue whatsoever about implants at all, I just KNEW I wanted a BA and I naievely trusted the surgeon to have told me truthfully, my options and what be involved.

Never once was I told of any other implant than the CUIs and I was told they would last me a lifetime..... HA! Rolling Eyes

3 years later, I was sat in the surgeons chair yet again needing a re-op, but this time, I was A LOT more clued up about implants, I researched as much as I could cram into my head. I decided I was happy to proceed with a standard implant, the CUIs, I was reassured to find that Allergans rigorous saftey measures to the CUIs were just as stringent as they were applid to their premium implants.... Now knowing that implants VERY RARELY last a lifetime and that the majority of us will all need re-ops within the next ten years of implantation, I decided I could find no reasons 'for me' to spend the extra cash on the superior implant, as the 'lifetime' warranty, then meant nothing 'to me' and the 'ten year' warranty given with CUIs, would be plenty to see me through and 'I' was happy with that as I'll probably change my implants again within ten years regardless anyway Implant types 4239681551
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 17th June 2012, 9:04 pm

That's absolutely shocking they told you your implants would last a lifetime. I was thankfully made very aware, and realised early enough from research they wouldn't last a lifetime.

I think even when it comes back down to it in the future I would have the same standard implants, just in a larger size. I would have still liked my surgeon to have discussed ALL of my options with me though!x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 9:15 pm

Totally agree with that alice, I was told my implants won't last a lifetime because of my age and she said her first pair I can't remember how many years she said but I think it was 19 it was definately over 15 anyway so she did try and make it seem like they would last a long time but for some reason I did go in there with the impression they only lasted 5-10 years so I didn't really believe for 1 second I would get that many years out of them which I'm glad of because I would have been very dissapointed if that's the only time frame I had got on how long they last xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th June 2012, 9:19 pm

Transform didnt tell me anything about implants I had to ask. To be honest I'm happy with what I have, but only offering the standard round implant in high or low profile is awful. i believe snake wrote about this in one of his questions on here and it was really interesting, how the large conveyor belt companies offer very little choice to cut costs and enable them to buy in bulk from one supplier.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 9:27 pm

My pcc did tell me the implants were I think her exact works were stock piled when I asked if they would have to order them in because I wasn't sure on size sorry if I've miss wrote how people say it I have never used it myself lol, so I guess that is why they want people 2 go with CUI xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie1204 17th June 2012, 10:55 pm

That explains alot Twinkle, i had the option of 365cc or 410, ive since decided to go with the 410 but when i very first tried them and wasnt sure my pcc said that my surgeon could try the 410 and then if not put the 365 in, which i thought surely they cant be wasting implants like that but obviously they can if they buy them in bulk n have alot of stock of each size. Lol x
jodie1204
jodie1204
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 11:01 pm

I really don't know whether this is right its just something I think I saw on tv once so please correct me if I'm wrong but I think they put something in the breast first and pump it up to determine if they can fit it in there then take it out and put the size implant they decide on in but of course this could be me getting confused about what they were actually doing Hysterical I'm sorry I'm never really sure of anything totally aswel I'm still suffering from baby brain and have got the memory of a siv Hysterical xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie1204 17th June 2012, 11:04 pm

Hahaa no worries, probably is something they would do though i suppose otherwise it would cost a fortune to waste that many implants if they offered that to a few people. I dont care how they do it when im asleep just hope to get the look/size i want n pray nothing goes wrong. Lol x
jodie1204
jodie1204
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th June 2012, 11:04 pm

They will use a sizer in surgery, which they blow up to the desired size to check whether the implant will fit in, they will then use an implant depending on the result of the sizer.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jodie1204 17th June 2012, 11:06 pm

Ahh right ok, cheers x
jodie1204
jodie1204
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 17th June 2012, 11:10 pm

yahoo thank you misf1 for confirming I'm not imagining things hey maybe my baby brain is starting 2 ware off abit Stars I think the real name for it should be " your daughter talking double dutch to you all day will kill your brain cells" xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down