Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about implant types!

+4
Lauraloubell
mrsball
willows
Blueeyedsoul13
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Confused about implant types! Empty Confused about implant types!

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 24th February 2013, 1:21 am

hi all,

so, i finally had my first consultation with a surgeon today, with linda fiumara at transform.

i really liked her, and found her very approachable.

she detected a slight assymmetry (boo), but didn't really say outright if she would plan to correct this, that she would see during surgery what it looked like.

I did really like her, and she explained the procedure well etc, but i didn't feel we covered the types of implants and choices as thoroughly as we could have.

from this one consultation i definitely would not be able to choose which implant to have put in my body!

but it was a good learning experience.

she had me try on a couple of different sizes based on what i had said to her. i'm currently a small 36A and would like to look a C.

first i tried 260, but they seemed a bit big to me. but then again, i currently don't have boobs, so maybe everything will look big!!

then i tried 230 which i really really liked, and she also suggested i put my top on over, to see what it looks like in clothes. it looked great, like i had boobs dance but also very much in proportion with my body which is what i am looking for.

she said i would lose some of the projection, because in the sports bra the implants did stick out quite a bit but i would be having partial unders (dual plane) so that would sort the too-much-projection i suppose. (how much do you lose though, do i choose the perfect size implant or do i choose a bigger one than i want, because i will lose some of the size??)

when i was done trying on these two sizes, she asked me about CUI vs. Natrelle.

i told her i definitely wanted Natrelle, just based on that i had read they were better, and why not go for 'the best', right?

then she said to me the 230 size (which i liked most when trying on) wasn't available in natrelle, only CUI, and that if i wanted natrelles it would have to be 260 (which i thought was too big, but i did try them on first).

but she said with unders she didnt really have a preference and that CUIs were perfectly good implants. all this stuff about the lifetime warranty on natrelles means the lifetime of the implant, which is about 10 years anyway, so not sure if that justifies the extra money to pay... the only thing maybe worth it is that i read allergan gives you money towards a re-op as well? but my pcc couldn't answer that question.... odd. i have emailed allergan direct now, see what they say.

i just felt that was a bit rubbish at first, that my perfect size then wasnt available in natrelle and that maybe we should have discussed this beforehand.

then i did some reading after the consultation about the CUIs and also think they would be perfectly fine, and would be happy to save a bit of money!

but then i did some more reading, and found both CUI and natrelle product catalogues, and it says that natrelles do come in 230, and in some projections also in 240!

my surgeon had said there was nothing between 230 and 260, so now i feel a bit confused................. surely she would know all the available sizes?

i think i will wait to have my other consultations first, and if i still like her more than others after that, i will make another appointment with her to discuss the EXACT implants she would use as there so many different ones! i do feel a bit fussy doing that but surely we should know exactly what is going in our bodies.

sorry for this long ramble but there is so much on my mind right now! x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Confused about implant types! Empty Re: Confused about implant types!

Post by willows 24th February 2013, 8:31 am

I would consult a few surgeons to see what 2-3 suggest would be best and make decisions from there. Also you should be able to see her again for another consultation if you wern't 100% happy you went through everything, alot of people have 2 consultaitons with same surgeon to make sure theyre fully happy with there decision on surgeon and size!

I had the debate between cui and natrelle but in the end i decided for the CUI as they are good implants thousands of women use them and the natrelle 'lifetime' warranty sounded dodgy after reading up it wasnt actually my lifetime. I know natrelle have more layers etc which obviously make it the better implant but for £400 when im young and will have to change implants every 10-15years of my life decided i would go for the CUI.

I also went back and forth between sizes i am an a/b wanting to go to a d/dd size. The surgeon who i had spent months researching told me i could have 310/325/340. 310 and 340 are CUI 325 is natrelle. He said 310 may not give me enough volume for DD 325 would look good and the 340 will igve me the volume im looking for but may not look as natural but still pretty natural and i wanted to go for the natural look. In the end i decided to go for the 340 as i have found 15cc really isnt much difference between imjplantsi n the grand scheme of things so not worth paying extra for natrelle in my case xx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 24th February 2013, 8:36 am

Hi and welcome to breast buddies, glad your consulation went well and yes there's a lot to take in and think about after regards size and make .

I can't help with the CUI and naturalles as I have eurosilicone and nagors with first ba.
But I know the other mods have loads of info on them .

Size is the major headache! Go with what you feel comfatable with and regards losing size with unders that's not always the case.

And don't ever feel fussy about knowing every detail of your ba that's sensible Hun! Xxx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 24th February 2013, 8:50 am

thank you so much for your replies girls!

i wil definitely having another few consultations. one is already booked in wit another surgeon i'm interested in, and then yesterday i thought i should probably just book another one somewhere else more for comparison reasons than anything else!

the surgeon and pcc yesterday did mention i could come back and see either of them again any time if i needed / wanted to, so that was good to hear!

i suppose i just worried why she wasn't being as thorough with the sizes.. don't most girls only have the one consultation with the surgeon they're going to go with, and that consultation is where the sizes are ordered? or maybe i'm just muddling things up?

and if they order more than one size so there is flexibility during surgery, does this cost more?

all questions for my next consultation as well i think - i just keep thinking of new things!
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 24th February 2013, 9:08 am

I'm no expert, but my surgeon told me he wouldn't say the extra money for natrelles was worth it. He said they haven't been around for long enough to say whether their claims to be better are true or not. I appreciated the honest opinion as it saved me almost a grand.
I second what the others said about getting three opinions so you can really feel confident xxx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 24th February 2013, 9:11 am

It won't cost more if you go for something else on the day. I think a lot of girls do. I went with transform and left it open to have 460 or 410. I decided on 460 before the day but when the surgeon saw me right before the OP he checked again and said I could still change my mind xx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 24th February 2013, 2:04 pm

hey hun, when i had my consulations with transform & mya i found it was generally the pcc who 'explained' all the different implants etc rather than the surgeon (the surgeon would reccomend but then the pcc would just explain what that meant) but i reckon thats because generally each surgeon only consults at each clinic once a month so they try and keep the consulations short to pack more in per day.

I agree with the other girls, go to see another 2 surgeons if you can, also have you considered seeing a baaps/bapras surgeon?

Blueeyedsoul13 wrote: don't most girls only have the one consultation with the surgeon they're going to go with, and that consultation is where the sizes are ordered?

I've seen my surgeon once. the consulation lasted an hour so i don't feel like there's any more to go back and ask before the day but i did go back 2 weeks later for a sizing appointment with a nurse where we tried on a few different sizes he'd reccomended and then i chose which one i wanted. Not sure when exactly they ordere them but there are a few girls on here who have let the surgeon decide between 2 sizes on the day and don't get charged more xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 24th February 2013, 4:31 pm

hey newboobz,

so are you going with transform or mya in the end?

i have seen a pcc and surgeon at transform, and it was the surgeon who had me try on the implants for size, but a sizing appointment does make sense as you say. she suggested a rough ball park, so maybe i'll email my pcc to ask about going through the exact types and sizes.

i am seeing a pcc at mya tomorrow, and i have a consultation with a surgeon at the hospital group booked in for mid march, as i have heard really good things about him. just read in a different thread though that this surgeon, mr hassan, had the pcc try on sizes with the patient. so maybe that's what a lot of surgeons do. it's just that it was my first consult yesterday and the surgeon had me try them on herself, maybe just for a rough idea more than anything else though.

feel more reassured now.

as to the baaps / bapras surgeons i'm not sure where to start looking for them, and i think they are even more expensive? tbh i find even the big clinics are at the limit of my budget...

i like the approachability and aftercare from the big companies, and have found transform to be absolutely lovely and really personal so far, so am quite happy that i would be looked after well by them.

will also find out soon enough about mya and THG, so excited! yes
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th February 2013, 5:23 pm

hi, how exciting that you are planning your BA!!!

i decided after feeling both the Natrelle and CUI implants to go for the Natrelle, not for the gurantee but cause the CUI impants felt alot thinner than the Natrelles, but thats just preference have you had a feel of them both

also when it comes to size def trust the surgeon, i wanted 410cc and as soon as my surgeon looked at me he knew they wouldnt fit, he done some measurements and said he thinks that only 365cc would fit but he would take done 365cc 380cc and 410cc to theatre, he was spot on he really struggled to get even the 365cc ins but he he got there, i went from a 32 nothing to a 36dd sports bra down to a 34dd or 32e sports bra. I have still to be measured as im still worrying a little and i am in talks with my surgeon as my implants are just not dropping.

As for surgeons see at least 3 and one of them BAAPS/BAPRAS registered if you can

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thats links to the pages but you can just write name then surgeons baaps registered in google and it should find it for you

The surgeon i choose to hunt down is registered with both and I went private not through a clinic

good luck in finding the size for you xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th February 2013, 5:34 pm

I'm not impressed really that you seem to have been pressurised into using CUI implants after you'd informed the surgeon the Narelles were your preference and I know exactly the reason why she did this...

Transform buy CUIs in bulk making them a HUGE saving, so the more patients they get to use CUIs the more money they make. Now there's nothing at all wrong with CUIs and they are a good implant, but! You are the customer! And what YOU wanted for your surgery should have been your surgeons priority she should have took the time to check sizes for you, but you were being pretty much bombarded to choose CUIs.

Not impressed at all.. I'd personally strike this surgeon off your list of possibilities hun and opt for a surgeon that has YOUR best interests at heart and not about saving money for the clinic they work for. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th February 2013, 5:36 pm

hey Cookie glad to see you about again and do hope you are feeling much better

how do you know all this stuff lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th February 2013, 5:48 pm

Aww thanks babe Hug experience and tons of research hun... I'm like a booby geek lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th February 2013, 5:49 pm

you are a booby geek lol buts its great, its great for all us girlies and yourself when you get your next set of boobs lol x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th February 2013, 5:53 pm

I'm soooo ready for my poor surgeon when I get my next set Hysterical xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th February 2013, 5:54 pm

ur going to be his "nightmare" patient lol lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th February 2013, 5:56 pm

Awwww I've already met him actually and he very much respected my knowledge, so I know we will work well together to get my dream boobs yes
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th February 2013, 6:01 pm

i was only kidding lol

So when do you think that you will get your next set, i want bigger next time lol, can you go bigger second BA xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th February 2013, 6:07 pm

Yeah, you can go bigger next time. Your skin will have stretched aftermamyear or more so you'll then be able to opt for a bigger implant.

All being well with these implants it'll be in about 3 years babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th February 2013, 6:14 pm

lol im excited for bigger already haha is that bad? these boobies are not playing game and still not dropping

god 3 year will be here before you know itxx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 24th February 2013, 6:30 pm

hey girls,

really appreciate the replies, thank you!

she did say i could have natrelles if i wanted, and for overs she would prefer natrelles but didn't mind so much for unders.

i did have a feel of both of them, like you said tinkerbell, and i get your point completely, but then thought the amount of girls who have CUIs does say something about how safe they are...

by that time though my head was just in such a whirl so maybe i should have asked more instead of just taking it all in, haha.

i also understand your concerns cookie, thank you hun! but i have read only good things about this surgeon and about how she takes so much time in comparison with other surgeons.

like i said i will go to have my other consultations first and then might go back to see her again.

in the meantime though i will have a look at the baaps/bapras surgeons.

tinkerbell how are you finding your aftercare with the private surgeon?
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th February 2013, 6:36 pm

i also understand your concerns cookie, thank you hun! but i have read only good things about this surgeon and about how she takes so much time in comparison with other surgeons.

Forget what other people have said hun. Anyone who has had an uncomplicated surgery will shout rave reviews about any surgeon.

Base your opinion on your own experience lovely... A consultations with a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon would always be absolutely recommended hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 24th February 2013, 6:46 pm

thanks hun, definitely looking into the baaps /bapras surgeons now! x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise1988 25th February 2013, 7:10 pm

my friend is having natrelles and she is having 230cc so i think that is wrong xx
louise1988
louise1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 25th February 2013, 7:57 pm

hi louise,

thank you!! yeah i thought so, but didn't want to doubt the surgeon so was doubting myself instead!

Will definitely be asking more detailed questions on natrelle sizes in my next surgeon consultations, as i think natrelles in 230 would just be perfect! :)

x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 25th February 2013, 7:59 pm

Blueeyedsoul13 wrote:

i like the approachability and aftercare from the big companies, and have found transform to be absolutely lovely and really personal so far, so am quite happy that i would be looked after well by them.
:

Personally I e never had one of the big companies all my opinion of them is yes they'll be approachable at the beginning trying to get you to sign up with them to have your surgery so yes I'm sure theyre very approachable . However just by reading our dear cookies journey the aftercare may look good on paper but for those who have had the unfourtante of a complication with them have found it somewhat of a struggle and fight to get they're promised aftercare x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next