Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

partials being squashed by muscles ?

+3
nat4andy
misf1
Kat4
7 posters

Go down

partials being squashed by muscles ? Empty partials being squashed by muscles ?

Post by Kat4 6th January 2012, 4:52 pm

Hiya, just thought rather than sit here having a paddy/nervous moment I would ask Q of you ladies.

Earlier I read a thread about the benefits of unders vs overs regarding upper body exercising. It troubled me a bit cos one of the ladies said that partials could squash the implant down and out ...

"Partials would be the lesser option I think, as training the muscles will constantly be forcing the implant down and out to the sides creating bottoming out and double bubble"

this is not the advice my PS gave me. He told me that the partials would be best for me as I was thin at the top and overs would have showed but that partials in the style i was having would look most natural AND mean that I could keep up with the training as the muscle didnt totally cover the implant. This made me think that he meant as it wasnt totally covered it wouldnt be as constricted ??

Then I read something else about unders saying at the start they looked a little like boy pecs but that given time this did get better.

I did update my personal pics diary the other day and as with pics before ba I would always hold my tum in and flex my upper body muscles to try and get a good figure (sad git I know partials being squashed by muscles ? 199385 but we do these things!) when I looked at the pics i did think I looked like I had flattened my bits a bit at the top a bit by flexing and found that the pics whereI wasnt trying looked better.

Do you think that my muscles will loosen a bit more possibly? Or should I give up on the pec exercises all together so I dont end up squishing my implants?

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

partials being squashed by muscles ? Empty Re: partials being squashed by muscles ?

Post by misf1 6th January 2012, 5:24 pm

Your muscles will always flatten down a bit at the top if your muscle is strong enough. It's only if you do a lot of upper body weights that you would need overs. If you feel your muscles distort too much when gwnerally moving about I would see a surgeon about releasing the muscle some more, if it is very bad they may suggest placement change to overs. If its just when you purposefully move the muscle I wouldn't worry. The muscle may loosen some more also.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

partials being squashed by muscles ? Empty Re: partials being squashed by muscles ?

Post by nat4andy 6th January 2012, 5:28 pm

I can't help you but I find the partials interesting, I was only offered under/overs and overs were best for me. Hope you find ur answer tho xx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 6th January 2012, 5:32 pm

Hi hun, sorry I'm not very clued up on overs versus unders but I'm a bit confused. What is the difference between full unders & partials in terms of where they are positioned & when are partials used? I have checked my notes and it just says I have submuscular placement? sorry if it's a silly question! xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th January 2012, 5:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There is some very useful info here.
Partial unders are the most used placement when anyone has unders. It's where the pectoral muscle is used to cover the top of the implant. The bottom of the implant is covered by your breast tissue like overs. Full unders are where other muscles to cover the bottom of the implant. It is mostly used in breast reconstruction.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 6th January 2012, 5:44 pm

Ah I see, so I most likely have partial unders then. So confusing! Thx Misf1 xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 6th January 2012, 5:47 pm

And that would account for why I can feel and see my own breast tissue at the bottom and can also feel the edge of the implant underneath! All makes sense now!! Sorry to hijack the post Kat xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th January 2012, 6:36 pm

Honestly Kat4, I wouldn't worry about it. You lifts light weights, your pecs mucsles will move over your implants, but not enough for any concern. It's more of an issue for women who lift heavy weights and who have very strong, high, well developed muscles.

My PS did mention that if I had partials he would have to release my muscles, and that I would have a more painful recovery because my pecs are so tight. We decided small overs would be my best option though, so I won't know.

Partials are not a problem for most women, if they were surgeons wouldn't be placing so many implants this way xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 6th January 2012, 9:33 pm

Thanks for the reasurrance ladies - had a small wobbly moment then!

I would have sooner stopped exercising my pec muscles than risk damaging my implants - I told the PS at the start that i was prepared to juggle my lifestyle a lot in order to achieve the look I wanted (I REAAAALLLY wanted this you see!)

misf1 - i have no distortion in normal movement - and distortion too strong a description I think for what I am seeing when I flex really - just sort of flattens me some. Which is odd cos before my ba, in order to try and look good in photos (most usually with clothes on ... usually partials being squashed by muscles ? 375568 ) I would have flexed to look better.

- also thanks for the other info you put on regarding partials, it was very helpful to me.

I think from now on I will be more careful, definately at least until I see my PS again - I would say I dont mind having to give up the pec exercises put its hard to work on other upper areas without some strain on the pecs really isnt it. I have NOOOOO plans to spoil my new bits cos I looooooove them partials being squashed by muscles ? 727935
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 6th January 2012, 9:46 pm

but I want pages 113 - 114!!!!! to see what else was said about dual plane - cos I am SURE Mr Whitby said about this - Im just looking through my notes now. Maybe he IS right and I have got a really good placement for me.

There is no ebook available and having looked on amazon I find myself too tight to buy the book just so I can read two more pages ... tight arnt I partials being squashed by muscles ? 199385
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 7th January 2012, 9:07 am

hey sweets wavey ...didn't mean to freak you!! Lol! It's just what my ps said about partials and full unders! :doh: Hug

I think rippling and bottoming out are more common with partials vs. full unders because the difference between the two occurs in the lower outer quadrant, where both of these issues occur. When you have the bulk of the muscle in the medial upper pole pushing downwards during contraction, it puts excessive pressure on the lower outer pole, pushing the implants down and out.

It's possible that partials drop faster, but it's a pretty close race! And I don't think the cleavage is different except in the case where the unopposed muscle of the partials pushes the implants down and out and widens the gap between the breasts.

I actually don't want my patients to have to temporarily or permanenly change heir lifestyle just to have implants. I think if the pocket is created properly that bottoming out and muscle contraction (flexion) distortion can be prevented. I have a number of professional bodybuilders with full under the muscle placement, and they love them and have not had their training or competitions affected.

Don't worry hon!! I would be getting partials too but I decided on full unders (which is what he does most anyway). I just didn't like the idea that I couldn't ever go full under if I had gone with partials. Every surgeon is different and I am sure you got a good one!! They look smashing! Lol! Heart Hug (I should have put 'POTENTIALLY pushing the implants down and out'! xxx)
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 7th January 2012, 5:08 pm

thanks for putting that message on katyp, and its ok you didnt quite freak me .... just made me worry a bit - but then I do that a lot - worry for flick all partials being squashed by muscles ? 199385

am feeling reasurred more too cos my notes from Mr Whitby say dual plane somewhere - I was pretty sure of this (and so is DF) only trouble is I cant find them! I hid them so well that my teenagers wouldnt come across them I cant find them now!
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 8th January 2012, 1:30 am

:doh: Hysterical
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennieokee 8th January 2012, 3:03 am

Hey this is a great video that helped me understand the under the muscle placement .... he explains it during operation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jennieokee
Jennieokee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 8th January 2012, 9:06 pm

thanks jennieokee - that was really interesting. I need a few hours peace to watch the other videos - guess what I will be doing tomorrow afternoon instead of the ironing then partials being squashed by muscles ? 199385 .... any excuse !
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down