Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things to do before my op, lists and stuff....

+13
nikitaw86
GucciGucci
sarah90
louisajane82
AmyD
alymomma
peggysue
welshvicci123
alexandra33
jordan
bronzewolf
Opal_Eyes
Princess76
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Things to do before my op, lists and stuff.... Empty Things to do before my op, lists and stuff....

Post by Princess76 28th September 2011, 10:35 am

Apologies if this already exists somewhere else on the forum, but I have made a list for stuff to do and things to pack before my op, collected from post op girls, and the fact sheets I got from my clinic. Hope it's useful, please add if there are other tips that people have collected along the way that I have forgotten and need to get/do before my op!

To get:

Cocoa butter with shea butter lotion - applying to skin in the hope it will prevent stretch marks (don't use 24 hrs before op tho)
Dry shampoo
Hibiscrub body wash (Boots online) for before op and after to prevent infection when you're having shallow baths etc
Laxatives (for pain killer side effects!)
Dermatix scar sheets (ebay)
V pillow (£10 Argos)
Hot and cold compresses (Boots online)
Zotrim - natural slimming aid that makes you feel full for longer (so I hopefully don't put on weight while I'm unable to go to gym)
Macom bra and couple of spare sports bras
PJ's and tops to wear that front fasten

To take to hospital:
Clothes that front fasten and are comfy
Macom bra (unless your surgeon plans to strap you up, some do and some don't)
V pillow and duvet (for car journey home to pad me out)
Camera for recording my before and after pics
Phone charger
Books/games/mags for filling in the time before and after op
Deoderant
Hair brush and make up bag to make me feel human again before I leave the hospital!

Pre-op don'ts:
Use fake tan 1 week before
Use aspirin, ibuprofen or arnica tablets 2 weeks before (or after) op, and no smoking or taking the pill for 2 weeks before apparently - all can thin the blood and prevent clotting which will slow down the healing of the wounds post op
Use deoderant or body lotion 24 hours before op
No make up, nail varnish, false eyelashes
No metal (piercings, hairbands etc) - I am replacing my navel piercing with a plastic retainer for the op which I got off ebay for about £2
No alcohol 48 hrs before surgery (I was told 1 week tho)
No food, drink or gum for 6 hours before admission (not surgery), no water for 2 hrs before admission

Pre-op do's:
Get anything out of high cupboards before op that you might need cos you won't be able to reach after
Get some easy to put on clothes that you don't have to lift your arms up to get into
Get lots of dvd's, books and mags to pass the time for the first week
Be lazy, do as little as possible, it's not worth risking your new boobies just to put the kettle on!
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Things to do before my op, lists and stuff.... Empty Re: Things to do before my op, lists and stuff....

Post by Opal_Eyes 28th September 2011, 11:11 am

Hi hun, Lists look good. But how come no arnica for 2 weeks pre or post op? I thought you could take that pretty soon after BA if not before? I planned on taking it straight after....

Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Things to do before my op, lists and stuff.... Empty Re: Things to do before my op, lists and stuff....

Post by Princess76 28th September 2011, 11:15 am

Yeah I saw that on here this morning, I was told it can thin the blood and shouldn't be used because it can affect the healing time of the wound, I looked it up on Internet in case I'd been misinformed and it did say that. I guess it depends who you ask, it seems some clinics recommend using it x
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzewolf 28th September 2011, 11:21 am

thats a great list thanx!
If i may add throat lozengers bcs no doubt we will have very sore throats after they ram that tube down it...lol ugh! Things to do before my op, lists and stuff.... 588945
bronzewolf
bronzewolf
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan 28th September 2011, 12:10 pm

Great list. Dont forget lip balm, the girls say that your lips get very dry after op. x
jordan
jordan
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 28th September 2011, 12:26 pm

VRY good list hun!! I would add that you should buy a really good toner, because your face and upper chest will become GREASY after the GA and that lasts for a few weeks!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 28th September 2011, 12:33 pm

arnica should be used a week or few days before and a few days after, no longer. I would always ask your surgeon about this as they may nogt want you to take it.

All in all very good list, think i will be using this. :)
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by bronzewolf 28th September 2011, 12:52 pm

maybe we can make a checklist sticky?
bronzewolf
bronzewolf
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 28th September 2011, 12:58 pm

Thankyou Princess xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by alymomma 28th September 2011, 1:11 pm

Make sure your cell phone, house phone and remote to the tv are within reach for the first two days since you don't want to over-stress yourself reaching for items :)
alymomma
alymomma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 28th September 2011, 1:30 pm

Thanks for the extras, I'll add them to my list. It had not occurred to me that they would put a tube down my throat, clearly being v naive! x x
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 28th September 2011, 1:41 pm

christ what an amazing list, well done princess, i'm turning the printer on for that one!!!
xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 28th September 2011, 2:30 pm

I collected so much info from different sites I had to do my own list, so thought it was worth sharing! Am really glad it's helpful x

I asked about the arnica and was told it is ok as long as you don't have previous probs with clotting or if you tend to bleed a lot, so am sure it's prob ok to take it.

Now how do I get one of those countdowns on my posts?
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 28th September 2011, 3:21 pm

Awesome, thanks for that, I hadn't thought of quite a few things on here! Also thanks for the toner tip alexandra33, I hate that greasy feeling!

Soooo exciting!
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah90 28th September 2011, 5:23 pm

Wish I'd had this before my op, fantastic list! xx
sarah90
sarah90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

Post by GucciGucci 28th September 2011, 5:26 pm

I had no idea I'd need to get so much stuff! shrug

Defo making a note of all the things in the list! :thumbs: x
GucciGucci
GucciGucci
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 28th September 2011, 6:19 pm

great list!! my nurse recommended arnica 7 days before and 7 days after so everyone is different.

Greeat tip on the toner ali my boobies feel very shiny and wax like xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 28th September 2011, 6:23 pm

I was recommended Arnica to start just after the surgery and take for 1 week, 3x per day, 3 pills. It def helped with the bruising!

but every PS is different!

ugh nikita - the greasy skin was unreal!! Hope you're faring better than I did, it's just gone back to normal this week!!
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 29th September 2011, 8:38 am

Totally agree on the lozenges, had to get some on the way home form the hospital, because my sort throat was driving me nuts! And the toner for greasy skin - the greasy skin sucks as well!

Otherwise, very comprehensive! Maybe add some trashy magazines to flick through and only have to look at the pictures, and some chocolates or biscuits or something yummy an sweet to nibble on to keep by the bed side!

x
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 29th September 2011, 9:00 am

ali- mine seem to have a waxy layer over them first thing its a bit icky there all shiney xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 29th September 2011, 9:08 am

Thanks for the arnica info. I have taken it before so will definitely be taking it again, but like you say it may not be right for everyone.

Ugh to greasy skin! I'll be bringing a bottle of witch hazel then!

I'll also be bringing in a pack of baby wipes. Last time I was in hospital these were a god send. If you are in too much pain to get up and wash, or if you're feeling a bit yuck after the op these help keep you feeling fresh and clean. xx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire1003 29th September 2011, 9:41 am

Hi all, I have contacted THG and my PCC said they recommend the use of Arnica 1-2 weeks before and then a week after for the bruising.

I just had my blood pressure done at my local surgery and spoke to the loveliest nurse ever! She was saying how important it is to eat properly after the op as the oxygen and nutrients from the good food is fundamental in good healing.
She also recommended orange juice, lots of water, rhubarb and prunes for the post op clogged up issue lol x
Claire1003
Claire1003
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 29th September 2011, 3:02 pm

Thanks Claire, I better get a big food shop in before my op then!
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teddy73 30th September 2011, 12:01 pm

What a brilliant post - so informative!! I've less than 2 weeks to go and nervous as hell, but can't wait for these Things to do before my op, lists and stuff.... 113752 Things to do before my op, lists and stuff.... 204135
teddy73
teddy73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 7th October 2011, 8:28 am

Bumping up so I can find it for next week!
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next