Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+20
rachyg1
madalena
kiwigirl
Nonna
Janine.mcs
Charlie88
jadeepinkladee
Claire300
charbie17
Rachy87
Little jen
FloJo
sequinssparkle
abbie
misf1
RachelC87
jen86
stokesy88
springstep123
NewGirl 4108
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by NewGirl 4108 2nd July 2011, 9:13 pm

I have finally faced telling my mum about my BA! She initially said I was silly paying all that money when there is nothing wrong with the boobs I've got. When I showed her how saggy they have gone after having 4 babies she was very shocked! (Padded bras do hide it well lol!) So she understood why I was doing it. But now I have to try and tell my Dad!!!! My Mum said she would be happy to do it for me but then it will just make it awkward to talk to him about that or anything else lol. I just don't know what to say!!!!! Please help and give me your stories on how you told people x x x x thank you so much x
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by springstep123 2nd July 2011, 9:26 pm

i got my mum on side. then because she was on side she told my dad the right way and he accepted it. he's never made it awkward, just asked if i was ok when i came home from the hospital, then hasnt mentioned it since. I think because my mum understood how much i hated them, she got my dad to understand that too, and to be honest i think he just wants me to be happy.
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by stokesy88 2nd July 2011, 9:33 pm

I don't see my dad very often so I invited him round to mine and just explained how I felt about myself and that I'd gone to see a surgeon and I was going to have a BA. I think he was a bit shocked but he's been reasonably supportive, I'm quite lucky in the fact he has alway just let me make my own decisions so didn't really share his opinion on it! Hopefully it goes well for you :-) I'm sure if he knows how you feel he'll support you all the way xxx
stokesy88
stokesy88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGirl 4108 2nd July 2011, 9:39 pm

Thank you both, I think maybe I will let my Mum tell him lol! I have four girls myself and I know that I could talk my Husband round to anything the girls decide on so I'm sure she will convince him that I'm doing the right thing Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 184153
I'm just so excited about it and I don't want anybody to start putting me down about it and telling me I'm making a mistake. It has taken years for me to pluck up the courage to actually get this op booked that I don't want to start having any second thoughts!
Thank you girls x x x
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 2nd July 2011, 9:42 pm

i copped out n let my mum tell him!! x
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by RachelC87 2nd July 2011, 10:39 pm

Babe if your dad is anything like mine do it this way...... go in telling him full details.... within 30secs of you talking he will most probably blush and not want to talk about it haha, that way they cant express there negative opinions that lets face it all dads will have. xxx
RachelC87
RachelC87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd July 2011, 1:21 am

I let my mum tell my dad. All he said is he hoped I wouldn't go too big (he told my mum to tell me this) and that was it. We've never spoken of it and never will.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 3rd July 2011, 6:35 am

i havent told my dad, but i dont see him often. Will be visiting him this summer, but if hes anything like the rest of my family, he'll either not notice or just not say anything. My mum told my stepdad because he helped me with childcare while i was recovering.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by sequinssparkle 3rd July 2011, 6:19 pm

I texted my dad lol

Then he told my
Mum make sure gp knows.

Then day befire my
Ba I told him I was being admitted this time etc and he just said make sure u tell ur gp and he asked about aftercare. When I came home he helped me so much.

My advice tell u ASAP.
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by FloJo 3rd July 2011, 8:01 pm

I told my mum and dad when they were both together then dad left me and my mum in the room to talk about it. They both took me to the hospital for my op and then the only time my dad mentions it now is just to check I'm ok and to ask if everything is healing ok x
FloJo
FloJo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGirl 4108 3rd July 2011, 8:08 pm

Ha ha rachel c87, that's sounds like sumthin my dad would do lol! Well it sounds like every1 has had a good enough experience whichever way they have told their dads so I'm sure it will all be fine! really appreciate all ur stories though it's a great support, thank u x
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Little jen 3rd July 2011, 8:09 pm

I was upfront with my mum and dad as I have wanted a BA for a while. Whilst chatting to my Dad about life recently i told him my plans, how I wanted a boob job and house when i'm 30 years old and how I won't be having anymore children, he then said 'why don't u go and see how much new boobs would cost' so off I went and 3 weeks after the consultation I have brand new boobs. I am very lucky and my dad has changed lots recently (mellowed out), never in a million years did I think I would have the support I have had from my dad, he even came and picked my up from Birmingham after the op. So just go for it hun, u may be surprised by his reaction.

Good luck.

xx
Little jen
Little jen
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachy87 3rd July 2011, 10:50 pm

I only see my dad a few times a year and he tends to be very negative about most things so I had no intention of telling him! He's obsessed with health and safety and saving money, and I know that if he found out he would be furious. I've only had small implants though, so I don't look noticeably different. If your dad is 'normal' I'm sure you'll be fine! Xx
Rachy87
Rachy87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGirl 4108 4th July 2011, 1:31 pm

My Dad is obsessed with ME saving money because he struggles to do it himself so that's why I'm so nervous lol! I'm sure it will be fine though :-) And I hope you manage to keep urs a secret from ur dad - not that there's much he could do if he found out now anyway lol x
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charbie17 4th July 2011, 2:47 pm

I agree with RachelC87: I havent lived with my Dad since i was 6 years old and as he lives a 2 hour drive away from me i only ever visited in the school holidays and then as i've got oler the only reason i started seeing more often (approx 4/5 times per year) is because i have a daughter and its only fair for her to be involved with him. Regardless of this i have never asked my Dad for a penny and he is fairly well off....but i was almost reaching my 30th birthday and desperately wanted my boobs doing before my holiday in August so i bit the bullet and decided to ring him and ask him to lend me the money.
He was so shocked i think that i'd even mentioned 'my boobs' on the phone to him, that he was like 'err err err ... can i think about it n get back to you'.
Anyways he decided to let me borrow the money and said 'of course you will keep us posted (him & my step mum) on how you get on - we dont need all the gorey details, but just be nice to know how you are afterwards'.
Haha - i think he felt so akward he just wanted to lend me the money so i didnt mention my boobs around him again! God knows what will happen next time i go and visit now i have my new fuller bigger boobies - he wont know where to look! haha

He invested well! Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 557141
charbie17
charbie17
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 379

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire300 5th July 2011, 4:36 pm

I am worried about telling my Dad also especially after my mum passing away earlier in the year, at first I wasnt going to tell him but i am hoping he will support me and then I will feel better about the whole thing...

x
Claire300
Claire300
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeepinkladee 5th July 2011, 8:46 pm

I was a wimp and text my dad he seemed okay that was 3/4 weeks ago he hasnt mentioned it since haha xx
jadeepinkladee
jadeepinkladee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie88 5th July 2011, 9:03 pm

Hi girls Im 20 and its just me and my dad living together.. I class my dad as my idol.. The hardest thing I had to do was tell him I was that I was having and have already booked my BA..
I used to get really upset how I was gonna tell him cause I thought it was gonna break his heart.. I chickened out of telling him about 8 times until one night I plucked the confidence up..
I gave a massive speech to him about why I wanted it done and showed him all of my research, I told him I was doing it for me and only me..
I was so shocked at his response.. He doesn't want me to have it done but he also said that its my life, my body and my choice and he cant tell me what to do.. He said he doesn't understand but will give full support!! And wants to make sure I don't go too big etc.
I was so suprised with his response given that he is nearly 67!!
When your ready to tell your Dad you'll pluck the confidence up!! And just make sure you have answers to every question and let him ask as many as possible as it may help him understand!! Good luck hun x x x
Charlie88
Charlie88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Janine.mcs 5th July 2011, 9:19 pm

My advice would be to let ur mum tell him, i'm sure she's learnt what techniques to use to get him on side, just like u would know what to say to ur OH.... i told my dad 3days ago i rang him up and told him i have booked a BA and regardless of anyones opinions i'm going ahead without i think i used the term ' no ifs no buts about it' lol... he told me he'd ring me back and i haven't heard from him since lol.. Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 375568
Janine.mcs
Janine.mcs
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonna 5th July 2011, 9:26 pm

I rang my Dad up and told him how unhappy I was with my non-existant boobs. He told me to book a consultation and he would come with me and pay for it!! I am very open with my parents. If they told me they disapproved I would take it on board, but at the end of the day I am an adult and it's my decision. I know not everyones parents are as understanding as mine, so don't really have any advice. Just thought I would let you know how I told my Dad xx
Nonna
Nonna
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGirl 4108 6th July 2011, 9:39 pm

Charlie17 that made me chuckle :-)
It is so lovely to hear the nice stories from every1. I'm sure it will all go ok however I decide to tell him it's lovely to have some advice from ppl Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 683328
Claire300 I think you will definately feel better telling your Dad, it sounds like you want to be honest and have his support and I'm sure he will be chuffed knowing that you can turn to him when you need him Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 67188
Charlie88 I'm glad it all went well for you, its hard for men to understand, especially dads bcos they automatically assume we are doing it for male attention and I know (at least for me) it definately isnt for that reason! Its all for me Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 184153
Janine.mcs I'm sorry it didn't go down too well with ur Dad Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 683465 I hope you hear from him soon x x x
Nonna how lucky are you lol!!!! Bet ur made up!
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 7th July 2011, 4:59 am

I just kept bringing it up in a casual way around both my parents for a while, and then when finally announced I was actually doing it my Dad told me they were big enough - I told him they were over 50% padded bra, and I was happy to show him if he wanted to see the real situation - I think he freaked out a bit then and just told me it was fine, and they would support me if that's what I wanted Telling your DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 899188
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by madalena 7th July 2011, 10:36 am

i havent told my dad and i see him every day! i dont think is something that he must know! is to personal but if he ask im telling the truth!
madalena
madalena
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by rachyg1 7th July 2011, 12:00 pm

My Mum told my Dad. He wasn't happy about it but I'm 35 years old so not really anything he can say. I was told I was going to get a "lecture" from him but he has yet to mention it. I think it is difficult for a Dad to start a conversation with his daughter about her boobs - lol! He is giving me a lift to the hospital on Tues (hubby has meetings at work so can't come with - I must stress that we have spoken about it and I am more than happy to go alone!) while my Mum looks after kiddies so he can't be that anti it! Altho I may get the lecture on route!
rachyg1
rachyg1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by emilyboots 7th July 2011, 8:54 pm

hes a bloke he wont notice a thing!! and if my dad did he would probably assume im pregnant lol but he wouldnt ever say anything to me. its more my step dad that would comment. (but he already knows as my mum told him)
as for telling my mum, she already knows i have been to see many people (councellors over 7 years) to try and love my boobs the way they are,i just explained how i felt about them etc she doesnt understand why i need it but she isnt being negative at all but very supportive :)
best of luck hun
xx
emilyboots
emilyboots
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next