Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been offered BA 12 days before holiday!

+5
yettiricey
smurph532
COOKIE
kay
lisa1234
9 posters

Go down

Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! Empty Been offered BA 12 days before holiday!

Post by lisa1234 12th May 2011, 8:13 pm

I've been waiting for my BA for around a year now, I'm NHS as I have Amastia so really looking forward to having boobs for the first time in my life.

My op was booked for the 4th of May but then cancelled (with 5 days notice sad smile ) due to higher priority patients, which is fair enough.

I have been offered a date in June which is 12 days before my family's summer holiday to Cornwall. I just dont know whether this is going to be feasible or not and I would appreciate any advice.

I have 2 lovely daughters - ages 1 and 3 and I would hate to ruin our holiday by not being able to help my partner.

If I dont go for this date it could be months before I get another, I just dont know what to do.

I'm having sub muscular anatomical implants.

Please help!

Lisa x
lisa1234
lisa1234
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! Empty Re: Been offered BA 12 days before holiday!

Post by kay 12th May 2011, 8:19 pm

I would go for it xx

As long as you don't lift anything and you relax,.... which is what you would be doing on holiday anyway, right? xx shrug :good: and you are not flying so should be fine....?

I would call the PS and ask them what they think xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! Empty Re: Been offered BA 12 days before holiday!

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2011, 8:34 pm

Hello and welcome to BJSF Lisa Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! 399357

You have to be realistic sweetness, if you take the date, you probably won't get the best from the holiday for you and your partner will probably have to do all the running around after the kids and you will not be able to lift them at all, you won't be able to go swimming and you'll find you'll be very tired a lot of the time.

In saying that, the kids will still have a fab time no doubt with you watching over them and hubby doing all the work, this is one holiday out of the rest of your holidays together that you'll HAVE to put your feet up and let hubby take responsibility for the kids.

Is that so bad?

I don't think so, I'd take the date hunni, prepare hubby for doing the hard stuff us mums generally do, you'll be able to go for gentle walks and go out for meals and stuff, but that will probably be about your limit, the rest of the time, you'll probably NEED to rest.

Go for it hunni! Who knows how long you'll have to wait if you pass this date up! It's a perfect opportunity to relax and a holiday resort is a perfect place for your hubby to entertain the kids. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1234 13th May 2011, 7:03 am

Thanks Guys, that was helpful. I know sub muscular is more painful but does anyone know if the worst of it will be over in the first week? I know I'll still be very uncomfortable but if I can at least sleep I wont be such a moaning minnie!

I'll speak to the breast advice people at the hospital but its always best to get opinions from people who have actually gone through it.

I'm also worried that if I am forced to pick my children up within the first 2 weeks I could be in trouble with the implants rotating.

Thanks again :flowers:
lisa1234
lisa1234
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by smurph532 13th May 2011, 7:29 am

I had sub muscular honey. Mine was on a Tuesday night, and by Saturday i was fine! I had drains in 'til the Friday so they were a drag, but as soon as they came out i was millions better. I'd say go for it! If you've waited this long, don't waste any more time waiting. Your partner will just have to do a lot of the playing with the kids, but a holiday is perfect for you to relax and recover. I was sleeping well after about 4 days, and by 10 days could sleep on my side again. We all heal differently, and fortunately i think i had a fairly speedy recovery, but i would suggest that 12 days you will be fine.

Hope you get everything you want, and are happy!
xxx
smurph532
smurph532
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th May 2011, 8:00 am

lisa1234 wrote:Thanks Guys, that was helpful. I know sub muscular is more painful but does anyone know if the worst of it will be over in the first week? I know I'll still be very uncomfortable but if I can at least sleep I wont be such a moaning minnie!

It's very possible that you could be feeling better after the first week hun, like smurph who had a great recovery, it's also very possible you won't too though, we just couldn't predict your healing time babe as everyone is different and with knowing that especially as you have little ones to consider, you should prepare yourself for the worst I think and ensure you're going to have help at hand for the 2 week period sweetheart.

I'm also worried that if I am forced to pick my children up within the first 2 weeks I could be in trouble with the implants rotating.

If you have help with you you'll have nothing to worry about babe, your surgeon and us that have been through a cosmetic procedure will all tell you that preperation pre-op is going to make for a much better revovery post-op.

You know the risks hun, like you say, anatomicals do have a risk of rotating and knowing those risks, it's up to YOU to ensure you have help at hand so none of that does happen sweetie.

I know what I'm saying is probably not what you want to read babe, but if you want the best from your recovery, you know the risks, you have to prepare to look after yourself and have someone there for you and the children for a 2 week period.

It's might sound bad hun, but the two weeks will fly over and you'll up and about and getting back to normality in no time, you just need a small rest period. Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! 571992 Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 13th May 2011, 8:14 am

Hiya

Cookie has totally covered all of this. I can only tell you that my first op (albeit a long time ago) were unders and I was no use to anyone for the first two weeks, however nothing would have stopped me taking that date. You are so lucky to be getting this on the NHS and you must have been gutted at your last cancellation. This is a mentally draining journey as well as a physical one. Your babies won't remember this holiday in their future they are too young and like Cookie rightly says, let your lovely hubby pick up the reigns for you, you never know it might make him realise quite how much Mums actually do do!!!! xxxx Good luck hun I'll be thinking of ya x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by sianb23 13th May 2011, 8:33 am

Hi Hun, everyone has really covered everything but being 9 days post op with sub-muscular implants i thought i'd give my point :) now bare in mind mine are not anatomical so i dont have to worry about rotating whilst lifting my kids but in terms to pain and sleeping; i had my op last wednesday, by friday i was sleeping fine on a night and not needing to nap through the day, i have only had pain relief on the wednesday after my op as i really haven't felt the need for it, by 5 days post op i could do most little things again and i could play with my children to a degree (obviously rough-housing/running around/throwing a ball etc are out) so i would say just playing on the beach building sand castles and all that sort of thing would be fine.

As everyone else has said, you have waited so long for this and who knows how much longer you could have to wait if you pass it up so i would just go for it, just make sure you hubby is well prepared for everything he is going to have to do.

Good luck sweetie xx
sianb23
sianb23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1234 13th May 2011, 1:44 pm

Thanks for your great support - I'm thinking I'll probably go for it if the doctor agrees, I feel very lucky to be getting NHS funding after reading some of the other posts and would hate to miss out if things change. I'm going from zilch to a b cup. (they said possibly a c cup but being used to nothing that seems massive!)
thank you
lisa1234
lisa1234
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 13th May 2011, 2:03 pm

I had nothing in the early days and I had 230cc's which took me to a C cup :-) Wasn't massive just looked in proportion.

yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th May 2011, 4:08 pm

I'm sure you'll be thrilled Lisa, please keep us updated with how you go and don't forget that if you have any questions at all, just ask away hunni, we'll be for you if we can. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 18th May 2011, 6:47 pm

i wouldnt be going away at all. 12 days after my op i was pretty much back to doing my normal daily routine but i know i couldnt have managed a holiday with my young girls. Its personally choice though, hope you make the right one for you x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1234 19th May 2011, 11:13 am

Thanks for that. Any other time I would have cancelled the holiday but this one involves all my siblings and my mother is seriously ill (probably her last holiday) and so I can't miss it. Nothing is ever simple x
lisa1234
lisa1234
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 19th May 2011, 11:14 am

Bless you Lisa xxxxx Hug
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 19th May 2011, 12:56 pm

Sorry to here about your mum, i know what its like having a mum who is unwell. Just make sure you do take it easy x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by serenali 29th May 2011, 8:53 am

Tell me why!!?? Been offered BA 12 days before holiday! 998443

----------------------
serenali

Last edited by misf1 on 29th May 2011, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : advertising link removed)
serenali
serenali
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 31st May 2011, 5:36 pm

take the date!!! and put your feet up, im sure your husband can cope!
You may not be able to gt a date in the near future, and may have to wait even longer. Also, not to jinx it, but all of my summmer hols in this country have always been overcast, i realy hope its sunny for u, but if it isnt, at least u wont feel abboyed cos u cant go swimming in the sea or pool etc. You could still splash around with your trousers rolled up tho, and im sure ur children will have a great time, so dont feel guilty.
I personally felt great a couple of days after the op, and day 12 was fine, i could do everything for myself, but i made sure i didnt push myself, so you''ll need to do the same.
GOOD LUCK!! XX
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down