Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do i or dont i? in need of some advice..

+6
Len1
nads
Angelpie
RoxyChick
ShootingStar
xchlox
10 posters

Go down

do i or dont i? in need of some advice.. Empty do i or dont i? in need of some advice..

Post by xchlox 12th April 2009, 2:26 pm

When i was 14 and realised my tiny AA breasts wouldn't grow anymore i decided i wanted breast implants as soon as i was 18. My dad agreed that he would fund me for my 18th ( probably assuming i would forget by that time )
when i turned 18 i was too scared and decided against it even thought i was still unhappy.

im now 20 and last november i came across something called Macrolane which is the all new "boob jab" thinking it was less scary. I saved up £2800 with help from my parents and went and had it done.
I went up one cup size and was a full A which was fine..but since the macrolane with gradually dissapear in 18 months i have realised i cant fund this every year and am now stuck as what to do.

I would love more than anything to have implants not big ones just a full B/small C cup.
I am just terrified of the complications that can occur...

So i was just wondering is it all worth it in the end?

Has anyone had lots of complications but still by the end never regretted their decision?

What happens if by the end i decide to have them removed, will my breasts be all stretched and make me even more unhappy?

i'm so lost as what to do that any advice would be helpful :)

oh and the worst thing is..i have been with my boyfriend for over a year and hardly ever does he get to see my boobs because i hate them so much.

xchlox
xchlox
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

do i or dont i? in need of some advice.. Empty Re: do i or dont i? in need of some advice..

Post by ShootingStar 12th April 2009, 2:48 pm

Hiya hunni,
Welcome to BJSF.
I can honestly say to you that i have not come accross anyone 'regretting' having their BA after being unhappy with their lack of boobs for so long, it brings confidence, an inner relief & happiness to finally feel 'complete' as such.

It's sad you feel so bad about your boobs that your BF hardly see's them, this would stop if you had the boobs you so wanted so I think your reasons for requiring a BA are sound enough, you want confidence, not just for show but to make you feel better in yourself.

I had complications, i had an internal bleed (haematoma) infection after infection & then i lost an implant so now only have one in, I need 2 more operations to put things right, the first to fix my boob and the 2nd to re-insert my implant so for 5 more months I am left with just one implant in, this is awful to live with but when I look at the boob with the implant & compare it to the other I know I will be happier when it's fixed up because it looks so much better.
Remember complications are very rare.

As for worrying about having them removed, I very much doubt that when you have got them you will want to be without them, as you're going for relatively small implants their likely to look so natural anyway and some companies (mybreast) for one offer lifetime guarantees on their implants so if there was a problem with them in the future you would be covered.

I hope I have answered some of your questions, i'm sure you will have lots of girls tell you they don't regret their BA's. hugs Hug xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

do i or dont i? in need of some advice.. Empty Re: do i or dont i? in need of some advice..

Post by RoxyChick 12th April 2009, 3:18 pm

Hey, and welcome to BJSF.

I had my BA over seven months ago and like you I considered Macrolane. But I thought I'd get too attached to my new boobs, to have them fade away would have been heartbraking for me, so I opted for silicone.

I went from a 28B to a 28G with 340cc MHP overs (although I actually look more like a C/D) and I couldn't be happier! Partly the reason for making this site was because I found that a lot of girls, if they research properly, can actually get the boobs they WANT. It doesn't need to be confusing at all.

Have a look through the stickies at the top of this board as I'm sure you'll find some useful info to help you with your boobie quest!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 12th April 2009, 4:30 pm

Hi there!

It is a big decision to have implants... however, I think you are already building up a good list of pros and cons... I think that's an ideal way to start... weighing up the plus and minus points 👍.

From a personal point of view I was far happier having implants than the posibility of Macrolane. For me, I couldn't really justify the expense of having to re-do the Macrolane every year; and I wasn't completely comfortable with having a relatively new "product" injected straight into me (I prefered the idea of the implants being in a fairly durable casing).

As I say that is my own view point; do LOTS of research and I'm sure you'll be able to make a well educated and well informed decision.

All the best, Angel x
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 12th April 2009, 7:04 pm

Welcome to the site hun Heart like SS said complications are rare but we have to take them into consideration as they can occur even with the best surgeons.
For me its DEFINATELY been worth it, my life has changed so much im not jealous of other women with nice boobies anymore, i feel so confident and i can wear all those lovely little tops and dresses i've always dreamed off, plus im now entitled to wear bras!!! 👍
I know a few girls who have been explanted and there skin goes back to normal but this depends on your age, skin elasticity etc
I would say stick around here and you'll learn alot on BAs and also book a few consults, many companies like Transform and Mya do free ones x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 12th April 2009, 7:27 pm

Just to add, when i first got explanted it was awful but it's back to normal now & quite full really so it didn't last long feeling empty xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 12th April 2009, 9:04 pm

Hi

And a warm welcome from me. I have Just had my implants 5 days ago! And i am feeling very sore, tired of sleeping propped upright and having this **naughty word** sports bra on 24/7. However I cannot wait for 6 weeks time when i can go out and buy all them lovely bra's, tops, dresses, bikini's that i have always been so jelouse of.

I am 30 years old, and my only regret is that i never did it sooner. If you have the money to do it now, i would serioulsy consider it. I feel i have wasted 10 years of my life worrying what my boyfriend will think of me. Always being conciouse of what I am wearing and if i look totally flat, and feeling like a fraud every night when i took out my chicken fillets!!!

You have to ask yourself, can you learn to love your boobs the way they are now, and not worry what other people might think?? I really admire people who are small chested but seem to have loads of confidence about their bodies. I knew i am not one of these people, and since i made the decision i have never looked back.

I was a 32A, size 8/10, 7.5 stone. I have just had 295 unders and think i will be a full C cup. Like most women on here i have not had implants to look like Jordan, but to just feel like a woman. So I totally understand how you are feeling.

Good luck with your decision, and we are all here for you hun.

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by xchlox 12th April 2009, 9:18 pm

just like to say thankyou to all of you who have replied :)!
It has helped alot and i will definately stick around and read as much as i can on here to learn the ins and outs.
you have all been really nice and welcoming
xxxx
xchlox
xchlox
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 13th April 2009, 1:00 pm

Hey hun, I am 32 and when I was your age I decided against it because of various fears and because I was worried of what everybody thought... years went by and every time I found an excuse... but the idea never went away... until I got to a point when I thought - now or never!
Thinking back, I think I should have done it younger, on the other hand, it's good to go through all the doubts and pros and cons and I did it when I knew that I had reached the point of no return and that I just had to in spite of any excuse i gave myself. You are right to take this decision slowly and to find all the answers to your doubts and you will know when your moment has come!
And by the way I agree that there is no way you would want your implants removed once you have them!
Good luck hun xxxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 13th April 2009, 1:26 pm

Hello Chlo,
Just wanted to say hi and welcome you!
I am post op, and not due for my op till Oct, but thought id join this site as felt the need to talk to women pre op and post op.

You ll find loadsa info on here and answers to all your questions.

Also tonnes of support from the ladies on here.

Good luck researching, ive learned so much more already,so hopefully I am well pre pared for the op.

Sha-x-x
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by xchlox 13th April 2009, 4:25 pm

hey moonmar..yeah i'm afraid that i will get older and have regrets. I'm sure if i did get implants i would never get them removed.
It's just if something went wrong and i kept getting complications and they had to be removed then i would feel it was all a waste of time ruining my natural breats... ooo i dunno! theres too many pros and cons for my brain to keep up with.
xx

and hey bunn1e, thankyou :) yeah the site seems to have alot of good info on! good luck with op :Dx
xchlox
xchlox
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 13th April 2009, 6:17 pm

Hi hun yes its totally worth it! I couldnt stand my flat AA chest for so long.. now im 28e/f and sooo pleased with my boobs! x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 13th April 2009, 6:33 pm

xchlox wrote:hey moonmar..yeah i'm afraid that i will get older and have regrets. I'm sure if i did get implants i would never get them removed.
It's just if something went wrong and i kept getting complications and they had to be removed then i would feel it was all a waste of time ruining my natural breats... ooo i dunno! theres too many pros and cons for my brain to keep up with.
xx

usually if something happens and they have to remove the implants, like in ShootingStar's case or in case of capsular contraction, they will put another implant in, they won't just leave you like that so I wouldn't worry about that xxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 15th April 2009, 5:25 pm

Hi :-) I would say go for it if you are in a financial position to do so....I am also 20, after turning 18 decided to wait a while longer to see if I grew naturally...It didn't happen. I have talked myself out of it so many times because of the possible risks as you can never be 100% sure that you won't be the unlucky one, but at the end of the day like other people have said complications are rare.

To be completely honest if you have already been brave enough to have Macrolane which is a much newer procedure with far less known about it, then I wouldn't let worries of complications with a BA put you off....A close friend of mine had the Macrolane injections, was really happy but then as the results dissappeared she had them redone. The second time the substance wore off far faster in one breast than the other so within weeks one breast was back to being small while the other one stayed bigger giving her a really noticeable difference. Her option was to wait for the bigger one to get smaller over time or pay to have the other one done again. As someone else said the idea of injecting just a substance that isn't enclosed or anything directly into your body seems to sound a lot more risky than implants really...Also from a financial perspective my friend could have paid for a BA by now with the money shes spent on the Macrolane injections over the past 2years but now can't afford one at the moment and is having to wait and save up. A BA seems a much better long term option.
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by xchlox 16th April 2009, 6:24 am

hey lozzied,
yeah i now realise how silly macrolane was. the results i have are really good and havent yet started to get smaller (although i have only had it for 5 months) but yeah the money you have to pay is ridiculous!
The man who did mine said he recons not long in the future they will have a macrolane type gel which will last forever since it is developing all the time..so i guess only then it will be worth the money.

I had a long talk with my boyfriend the other night and he says he thinks i should go for it because he knows it will make me happy!
So i think i will.

I am actually going through the route of getting them done on the NHS. I'm not sure if anyone has had them done on the NHS here??

My GP said has referred me to a consultant and says he will try and help me along the way so fingers crossed!!

xx
xchlox
xchlox
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down