Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking vs BA

+7
Vix
angbabyxx
yettiricey
sassylady
carol_s
misf1
hissyfairy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Smoking vs BA - Page 2 Empty Re: Smoking vs BA

Post by yettiricey 28th February 2011, 9:17 pm

Yes I am ALWAYS saying that "everything happens for a reason" and I also believe good things come to good people so hang on in there.

Smoking going ok, went the whole weekend without, then weakened today a bit :-( Back on it tomorrow :-)

xxxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 28th February 2011, 9:29 pm

Yes, don't let one lapse ruin all your good work so far.
I'm on Day 26 so far woohoo - and just one major lapse during that time
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 28th February 2011, 9:57 pm

Wow Carol well done. I am soooo determined to stop. I was in a pub having lunch yesterday and some bloke must've popped outside for a smoke.....WOW I really smelt it on him when he came back in...yuuuuuukkkkkk. Oh but half of me wanted to squidge up next to him and lick his lips Hysterical Not sure how my bf would've dealt with that one shrug , or the two (very NON smoking friends we were with) help
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 28th February 2011, 10:15 pm

Wow girls, good on you all for quitting. I don't smoke myself so I have no idea about the struggle you're all going through, but I think it's awesome that you're all in here supporting each other through it, and what better reason to do it than your bouncing new boobies (and your health of course!!).

My dad gave up smoking a couple of years ago, and he used to have about 40 a day I think! He smoked since he was 14, and tried giving up numerous times but turned into a proper angry monster so people used to encourage him to start again to chill him out. In the end, he got these tablets from the doctor (no idea what they're called), and they're really strong and helped him to give up within 2 months. He didn't even finish the course of tablets because he said that half way through even the smell of cigarettes seemed disgusting to him. He never got a craving at all, and he's never looked back and doesn't miss it at all. I'm sorry to be so useless on the details, but maybe it's an option for those of you who are heavily addicted and have been for a long time, and who also have a little while to wait until your op. I think there are a few reported side effects of the tablets, like feeling really poorly and things, and I think they only give them to people who've been smoking heavily for years, but it may be the answer for some of you!!

Good luck anyway, and I applaud you all for your efforts so far!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 28th February 2011, 10:41 pm

Ahhhhh well done girls!

I haven't had a while cig for 7 days now! Woooooo!

Were all get through this together!

I've decided a few sneaky puffs here and there are ok for the next week but when I hit the 2 week count down its ero ciggys! Xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 28th February 2011, 11:17 pm

Aww, I'm so prous of you girls stopping smoking, I've tried a few times over the past 3 years - I've never been a heavy smoker (at most a packet and a half a week) but even one is one too many) but unfortunately, or my excuse is, I actually enjoy it and it definately chills me, when I need it (which is quite often.... Hysterical Stress, stress and MORE stress but hey, I know it's no excuse and I wish I'd never started all those years ago but I did and unfortunately I AM addicted, I will never stop trying to stop though....well done all you girls though stronger than me.... Hug
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 1st March 2011, 10:06 am

Hi Lindylou and those tablets are called Champix (I think). My lovely boyfriend (who is a right geezer who loves smoking and doesn't want to live forever) has given up because he knew that if he stopped I wouldn't be tempted. He used Champix and again he didn't even finish the course. He has amazed me at his willpower and I can't believe what lucky lady I am to have a bf who loves me enough to do that (my ex hub wouldn't have even got me a plaster if I were bleeding lol).

Yeah Lola I'm not going to beat myself around the head with a large stick if I slip up occassionally, I just hope I get to a point where the thought of one disgusts me rather than me wanting to lick every smoker who walks past wtf
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st March 2011, 10:33 am

Haha! I went out with the girls friday and sat in the smoking area (whilst my friend smoked)

And I was standing so close to people.. Just to smell it! Haha!

I am so deternind not to (for my boobies sake more than my health)

Were all bound to have a few sneaky puffs here and there... Its exciting... Feels like I'm 15 again! Haha xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 1st March 2011, 10:47 am

Yeah and you're more likely to suffer from Capsular contracture if you smoke.....trust me I have it so I know (well they think it's a factor anyway). When is your op Lola?
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 1st March 2011, 12:54 pm

22nd march... 3 weeks today! I can't wait!

What is capsular contracture? This sounds scary! Would I get it for being a former smoker??xx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 1st March 2011, 12:56 pm

It's kinda when scar tissue forms and makes hard lumps and can make your boobs looked difformed.....mine aren't that bad although very lumpy and it's sometimes painful. Nah I think that a) it could happen anyways b) you've given up now hun so you're no longer putting crap into your system. (luckily I'm feeling a bit sick today so I've got my high and mighty non smoking head on) Cheerleader
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2