Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking vs BA

+7
Vix
angbabyxx
yettiricey
sassylady
carol_s
misf1
hissyfairy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Smoking vs BA Empty Smoking vs BA

Post by hissyfairy 10th February 2011, 11:21 pm

Good evening ladies, hope you're all well!
I've been considering having a boob job for around 4 years now, and have been
to three consultations, and hoping the fourth one I book will be the right one :)
I'm a smoker, and whilst I've wanted to give up for a while, the will power just hasn't been there,
I'm a student nurse though, and so I understand the implications of smoking as a whole, eg healing times
and risks under GA.
Wondering if any of you have given up prior to your ops? And if so how long before did you quit??
Thanks for your help :) xx
hissyfairy
hissyfairy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Smoking vs BA Empty Re: Smoking vs BA

Post by misf1 10th February 2011, 11:23 pm

I cut down but didn't give up. I didn't smoke 24 hrs before the surgery.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 10th February 2011, 11:55 pm

I managed to cut down to around 4 or 5 a day before the op - then went back up afterwards growl
However, I have since been prescribed Champix by my GP and I'm now on Day 8 without a cigarette yahoo
However, if you consider going down this line, please ask your GP if there are any contra-indications between Champix and a GA.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by sassylady 11th February 2011, 10:22 am

I stopped in nov last year. Kinda surprised myself as just got up one day an though sod that, nothing is getting in the way of my new boobies!

Nearly2 weeks post an been given up over 3 months have to say I never thought I could do it. Smoked for 21 years, 20 a day and have saved a fortune. Strangest thing is once I got past two months I don't miss them anymore!

Got a phone app that calculates how much money you would have saved since you stopped an I'm nearly up to £500 woooohoooo. But 20 a day wasn't-cheap! Really noticing the extra mooney an feel ten times healthier

Either way hope it all goes well for you xx
sassylady
sassylady
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 11th February 2011, 11:25 am

Well done all you ladies who have given up, I'm trying so hard and my OH (who loves smoking) has given up in support of me but I'm still having sneaky ones. I HAVE to stop as my condition of Capsular contracture can be made worse by smoking and it's the whole reason I'm having to undergo further surgery. I can't wait to quit completely and will give it another really good go after today and I will then heal better and feel better.

Good luck and apparently the Champix really does work but I find patches and gum good as well. x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 11th February 2011, 11:45 am

I'm only a light smoker anyway but stil found it hard not to smoke the day before (with all the jittery nerves I wanted one all the more) but I managed and didn't have any problems, but maybe I was just lucky!!

I would still advise you try and quit though, I'll never stop, trying to stop....xxx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by hissyfairy 11th February 2011, 3:40 pm

Hi girls,
Thanks for all your replies- and well done everyone who's given up!
I was thinking that the nerves might get in the way of my plan to quit :doh: , the surgeon who I saw at a recent open evening said that he had refused to operate on a lady recently (due to have brow lift) as she was a smoker, so I wasnt sure whether he would have the views for BA...
Im getting so impatient, have applied for a loan, and the peeps are taking way too long deciding whether theyll say yes...arghhh!!
Hope all those in recovery are feeling ok as well, thanks again for all your help
Cheerleader
xxx
hissyfairy
hissyfairy
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 13th February 2011, 11:40 am

Hi there, i previously stopped smoking for 4 years and had my first operation in this time so it was not a problem then. I had a reop due to rupture and was smoking again. I booked the op for 6 weeks later, i gave up for two weeks then just kept have 5 or 6 a day, then 3 days before the op i gave up and then i started again 10 days after the op. This was not ideal and i did worry a lot about my scars. I can say by comparison my healing time for my scars was definately longer when smoking so i would recommend doing everything you can to stop. A lot of people recommend the Alan Carr book, and NHS do a quit smoking pack which can be helpful.

Best of luck, i know how hard it is xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by SJG83 13th February 2011, 4:17 pm

I smoke, but not a lot. Maybe 1-3 a day but I have stopped for my op which is in just under 2 weeks. Tbh, even though I only smoke a few a day it has still been hard and I reckon I'll start up again after the op.

Maybe try and cut down now but I know it's hard. I would love a cigarette now... x
SJG83
SJG83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 13th February 2011, 4:34 pm

Ohhh I am now on day one of none at all :-( Mind you I have a bit of a hang over to today it's easy :-) I'm so determined and there are so many benefits to not smoking but none to smoking!! Lol ark at me I'm already sounding like a non smoking bore!!!!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 24th February 2011, 8:14 am

Hi girls!

So I am on day 2 of no smoking! Considering I've smoked since I was 14 this is good for me :-)

Op is in 26 days and I plan not to smoke at all before or after! But I'm using patches and just wondering if these patches have the same effect as smoking EG healing time etc... Does anyone know???xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th February 2011, 9:54 am

Well done Lola-blsk, not sure about the patches but I too am giving up in preparation for my op. I used patches (although cut them in half as the whole patch made me feel sick) and gum and it also has really helped that my bf has quit as well. Keep up the good work. x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 24th February 2011, 10:23 am

i used to smoke 20 a day and giving up was really hard i think it helps to find within yourself the reason you want to give up - for me it was the damage it does to your skin, at the time some anti smoking body had started a campaign about the chemicals in cigarettes (actual formaldehyde is in them that they EMBALM DEAD BODIES with WTF) and the damage they do to your skin so i stuck the ads up on my wardrobe door, front door everywhare basically then i was constantly reminded of what it was doing to my face (vain eh) it made me stop!!
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 24th February 2011, 3:10 pm

yettiricey- well done!

Whens your op?

I didn't like the gum! Made me cough! I'm going for my pre op next week so ill find out about the patches :-)

I don't see why we could wear them right up to op date as they don't have tar etc.

Also to save some money- boots offer a stop smoking service (which annoyingly I found out after spending a lot on patches) u have a weekly meeting for 6 weeks and they check the carbon monoxide in your blood etc and give u 2 weeks worth of patches!

Keep me updated how ur getting on! Xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th February 2011, 3:18 pm

My op isnt' until 5th May :-( As I'm still saving like a manic saving person!!!! The gum gives me the hiccups but it defo stops the craving. I miss smoking though, it's like I've said goodbye to a friend sad smile
I tell you what though, I keep seeing woman the same age as me (42) who have smoked all their lives (I did once give up for 9 years) and they have the deep lines around their mouths and I so don't want that to happen. I keep reminding myself that there are no positives to smoking but so many for not smoking. I so want my op and I know that if I don't stop they won't operate, especially as I have high bloody pressure (which comes down very well when I'm not smoking). So the reality is, keep not smoking and have lovely boobs and a mouth that doesn't resemble a cats bum hole or keep smoking, get refused my new boobies and end up probably having a stroke in a few years time!!!! :tears:

Keep up the good work hun coz you look like you're young enough to make a difference Hug
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th February 2011, 3:20 pm

Lol Lolablsk I re read your message and had a chuckle that you didn't like the gum coz it made you cough.....so do fags after a few years Hysterical
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 24th February 2011, 3:30 pm

Haha Its the same as the inhalator thing! Just malkes me cough!

Although the time I miss smoking is driving!! So I now have a pack of straws in the car which I pretend to smoke! Other people must think I'm a right nutter!!!

If in 100% honest the health probs related to smoking never bother me! I've seen photos and heard stories they don't bother me... But when I heard my ne boobies may be ruined I panicked and gave up! Hahaha.... Shallow I know!!!!!

I'm too excited!!! Xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th February 2011, 3:33 pm

It's because you are young, you don't realise that it does damage you and also it does affect your skin and hair as janybird quite rightly pointed out. Also smoking IS becoming antisocial, I hate having to stand outside venues in the freezing cold just to get my fix!!!!

The straw idea is gr8 and if it works then keep at it :-)

I have capsular contracture which apparently can be caused by smoking so I'm hoping without smoking I won't get it again.

When are you having your op? Wow you should be excited it's lovely once you've got nice boobies :boobchick:
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 24th February 2011, 3:53 pm

I'm so unfussed by the health reasons! Shouldn't be as I have asthma! But hey ho! Every dies of something!!!

I now want to enjoy my boobs for a while though :-).

My op is 26 days away. 22nd march! Only booked it this week!
I can't wait.... Finally gonna love my bikini bod!

The time will go so quickly. By the time you have yours ill be all healed and ready to tell u all about mine :-) xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th February 2011, 4:00 pm

Oh be sure to keep my updated hun :-) Wow you're already a C cup!!! Blimey that's what I paid loadsamoney for in the first place Hysterical
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 24th February 2011, 9:41 pm

Ahhhh... Well i used to be lucky... I used to be a DD but when i went travelling i dropped two dress size (to a size 4) then when i went back to normal size (10/12) myboobies never filled back up... My mum (who has breast fed me and my sister) has the same boobs as me... Thats worrying considering im only 22 and childless...

But only 26 days till nthat changes.. <3
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 24th February 2011, 10:33 pm

Arrgh you'll be so pleased once it's done. I can't wait to sort mine out, they are quite uncomfortable now and ache all the time :-( I got ages to wait though :-(
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hissyfairy 25th February 2011, 8:25 pm

Hi girls! Haven't had internet access for a bit-so many replies in the time I've been gone! Feeling a bit **naughty word** today, my boyfriend was made redundant a while ago and so my monthly wages (and plans of saving for BA) have kind of dwindled. I'm really frustrated- have applied for a loan but my credit history isn't all that, wondering if my BA hopes were unfounded. Sorry to moan, I just had set my heart on it, and was feeling positive about giving up smoking in time for new boobs! I'm keeping my fingers crossed about loan, but also a bit guilty- if I get it maybe I should really be spending it on things for the house?! Argh! Haha, re-reading this I sound a bit drippy, but I'm reeeeeaaaally **naughty word**!!!! Hope you're all good xx
hissyfairy
hissyfairy
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 25th February 2011, 9:24 pm

Oh hissyfairy that's bad news :-( And I imagine how frustrated you must be feeling. Don't give up hope though and I don't think it's a bad thing to get a loan for something that will change your confidence etc. You've only got one life so make it a good one. You've got the rest of your life to do your home up. I'm sure things will come good for you and you never know your luck might change. xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 28th February 2011, 7:30 pm

Ah no Hissyfairy... What a blow!

But I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason so your time will come!

How's the no smoking going everyone? I've had a few puffs of friends a few times but if I'm honest it actually made me feel quite sick! Xx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next