Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!!

+2
carol_s
Emma22
6 posters

Go down

Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!! Empty Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!!

Post by Emma22 20th January 2011, 12:24 am

Hi girls,

hope you're all ok :)

I wondered whether you could help me... I'm now two weeks post op and I phoned the nurse today regards my steristrips ehich were put on a week ago. She said that today I should take them off and leave everything off the wounds if they haven't fallen off already.

I've just showered and got ready for bed and taken the steristrips off....

Now I know they were only tiny but now I feel naked and vulnerable with nothing on the wounds under my sports bra!!

I just wondered whether there was anything I should be doing to keep them clean etc (I know not to use creams etc!)

the wounds themselves look rele neat and tidy it's just that I'd love to hear if anyone knows what to do as it feels quite strange to finally have them exposed!!

Thanks soo much for Reading

big hugs!!
group hug

Em xxx
Emma22
Emma22
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!! Empty Re: Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!!

Post by carol_s 20th January 2011, 12:36 am

I suppose it is completely natural to feel like that hunnie - however, I didn't have any steristrips on mine (or they were under the dressing which the nurse removed at my 1 week check up). Leaving them exposed will help the scabs heal properly and harden - and then fall off naturally.
Try not to get that area wet or put anything (Bio Oil, creams etc) on the scar area. By the time I went for my four week check up, the incisions had completely healed, the scabs had come off completely leaving a thin pinkish red line. After a careful examination, the nurse said the scars were healing nicely and I could now go swimming and have baths.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!! Empty Re: Care of incisions / wounds - please help!!!

Post by sarahdawn31 20th January 2011, 4:35 am

Hi emma, I understand how you feel , I had a lift, so big insision lines and I kept fearing they were going to open up again!
If your ps/nurse said to leave everything off, then they are fine... at two weeks post I am sure they are sealed up nicely. Dont worry, they will be fine and in a day or two you will be used to it. Just keep make sure they are dry before putting on your bra.
xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma22 20th January 2011, 7:08 am

Thanks so much for that! Thats put me at ease :) I'll carry on as normal without getting them wet etc.

Thanks again.

Em xxx
Emma22
Emma22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 20th January 2011, 12:25 pm

Iv been using gauze patches between my skin/bra.
Mine are red still & there are a few areas that havnt healed so well.

I dont feel safe just letting my bra rub on them lol
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th January 2011, 8:01 pm

You will be fine to leave them with nothing on, even give them a good airing. If you keep plasters over them it keeps the area moist, where as letting air get to them helps them scab up. I had nothing on mine from day 14 and I did feel naked lol.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma22 20th January 2011, 10:06 pm

Thankyou!!

Lol I'm the same misf1 but they certainly seem ok - jst had a shower and they look v neat. I can also see the crease forming a bit where one might drop which I'm pleased about.

Thanks again xx
Emma22
Emma22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 21st January 2011, 7:17 am

I had my dressings removed at day 10 and replaced with steristrips and i felt totally naked at first. It felt like a big support had been removed from my boobs but I did get used to it. Misf1 is right, the air getting to them is the best thing for healing.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down