Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low

5 posters

Go down

Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low Empty Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low

Post by cazza40 10th January 2011, 11:11 am

Hello

I am new to the board - I found out last week that I have PIP implants - my right breast feels quite sore and to be honest I am freaking out !

I am seeing my GP later today - do I need insist on a standard scan or MRI - is there a difference ?

Whether they are ruptured or not I think I will have them replaced. I was really happy with my original surgeon but am a bit nervous about going back to him.
Has anyone out there had a removal and new implant put in in London ? Can you recommend a good surgeon ?

Thanks for listening to me - to be honest I don't feel I have anyone that I can talk to about this amongst my friends ( I think they all thought I was a bit vain when I had the op 5 years ago ) and my husband just thinks I am making a fuss over nothing and is just grumbling about the cost ( Well thats our summer holiday gone then was his charming response !!)

Love Cazza
cazza40
cazza40
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low Empty Re: Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low

Post by Jo-Jo 10th February 2011, 8:41 pm

Hi Cazza
I know how you feel, i have also just found out I have pips and mine are both ruptured confirmed by MRI, I did have an ultra sound scan but the rupture didn't show on this, Ive also had several lymph nodes removed from my armpit due to silicone,
Im also freaking out thinking all sorts, my husband has same attitude as yours.
Have you got anything booked yet? im booked to have them replaced and lifted 1 april.
xx
Jo-Jo
Jo-Jo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low Empty Re: Just found out I have PIPs ..feeling really low

Post by Vix 12th February 2011, 12:16 pm

Hi Cazza,
Sorry to hear you have PIPs. I would reccommend an MRI as they are more accurate but you may need to pay for this, i believe they cost about £200 but i didnt have one so there may be some others on here who can give a more accurate price.

Having PIPs doesnt necessarily mean you have terrible problems but it is recommended in most cases to get them replaced. I was incredibly lucky in many respects as i had only had mine for 2 years when it was found i had a rupture so i was covered with my aftercare. My breast have been helping ladies with PIPS so it might be worth having a consultation with them. I would recommend seeing 2 or 3 surgeons to make sure you are happy.

All i can say to help is that even if you have a rupture it may not be worst case scenario, so dont panic or worry yourself too much. If it ever feels too much pop on here, everyone is very supportive and a lot of ladies have gone through PIP problems so will understand how you feel. Good luck xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenbabes 12th February 2011, 12:35 pm

What is PIP, I don't know what it is but don't worry everything will be sorted, and I am sure your husband will get over it as soon as he sees you are happy again Hug
Jenbabes
Jenbabes
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo-Jo 12th February 2011, 12:38 pm

Hi Jenbabes
The Poly Implant Prothese - or PIP - implants were among the cheapest on the market, (Although no one was told this) and so were widely used in commercial clinics here and abroad.
Up to 50,000 British women - including some breast cancer survivors - have implants filled with a silicone gel that may have been made for mattresses and so has not undergone vital safety tests.
In addition, there is a protective coating, designed to stop the implant from splitting and prevent any gel that leaks from spreading through the body, is missing.
xx
Jo-Jo
Jo-Jo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenbabes 12th February 2011, 8:48 pm

OH right I am going to see a surgeon on monday, do you think it would it be rude of me to ask what implant he will be using I am likely to go with BMI Healthcare hospital for my BA
Jenbabes
Jenbabes
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo-Jo 12th February 2011, 8:56 pm

Jenbabes
He wont be using pip as they are illegal to use now, but you should definately ask what implant he will be using, then do your research, Allergan and Nagor are good implants, Ive heard that eurosilicone is not so good.
Good Luck xx
Jo-Jo
Jo-Jo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenbabes 13th February 2011, 3:00 am

Thanks Jo Jo I will ask the question
Jenbabes
Jenbabes
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 13th February 2011, 11:02 am

I had both an ultrasound and MRI (before GP's decided to be unhelpful) and rupture comfirmed on both plus silicone in a couple of lymph nodes.
I didn't go back to my original ps as didn't feel I could trust him or the company plus he wasn't BAAPS registered.
I went with Mr Withey with Mybreast in London. Highly recommend them.
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down