Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

disolvable stitches....just not disolving!

5 posters

Go down

disolvable stitches....just not disolving! Empty disolvable stitches....just not disolving!

Post by ANewMeToBe 6th January 2011, 12:01 pm

Help girls! I am just shy of 7 weeks post BA and Uplift, last night a disolvable stitch poked it's ugly wire like head through my lovely neat scar!

I knew it hadn't disolved yet as I would feel it under the skin and was planning to speak to my ps about it next week at my next app.

I trimmed the top off so the skin could heal again but I couldn't get the stitch out. I can just about still feel that the knot is under the skin.

How long before I should start to worry that my stitches haven't all quite gone yet? Also, what about the couple (knots) that I can still feel in the vertical scar under the healed skin when I massage? Will I just have to leave them in forever and put up with my OH being able to feel them!

Any feed back would be greatly received.

Helen x
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

disolvable stitches....just not disolving! Empty Re: disolvable stitches....just not disolving!

Post by kinkyboots33 6th January 2011, 9:14 pm

hey.... i have heard that it can take 3 months for the internal stitches to dissolve fully.... try not to worry about it..

xxx
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

disolvable stitches....just not disolving! Empty Re: disolvable stitches....just not disolving!

Post by sarahdawn31 9th January 2011, 5:22 am

Hi Helen,

I had stitches poking out until just recently so 3 mo post op! They are horrible things, I had my ps pull some out at my 6 wk check and since have pulled a few out and left some and they do eventually dissolve or make their way out. I also did put this perscription antibacterial cream (my ps provided) on them so that they didnt get to inflamed or irritated and ruin the tidy scar.

xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by ANewMeToBe 9th January 2011, 7:08 am

Thanks Sarah, seeing ps tomorrow so I'll see if I can get some of that cream. Already had one infection caused by the hole one of the stitches left, could do with avoiding that again! X
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 10th January 2011, 12:19 pm

I've got a couple of stubborn ones too Helen!
I've got a check up tomorrow so I was going to ask my nurse about it too.
Otherwise how are you healing Helen?
I'm loving my boobs, my OH doesn't want them to get any bigger but I don't mind ha ha! Think I got used to them when they were swollen from the surgery. I went bra shopping last week and thought it would be so easy.....boy was I wrong! Ended up with a 32DD in one brand and a 32F in another (although the wire does goes nearly up my arm pit!)
k xx
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 10th January 2011, 1:14 pm

Ooh, how horrible girls...I have head that some surgeons advise that massage will help them 'pop' out, maybe you could ask you ps if this would help in your case? I was told by my clinic nurse that it can take up to 6 months for them to dissappear completely...

Hopefully you'll be free of the little blighters very soon!!!

disolvable stitches....just not disolving! Z4d2864db70beb
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by ANewMeToBe 10th January 2011, 1:22 pm

Yup, just been told this morning to "firmly" massage the scars with bio oil to smooth the scars and help work the last stitches out!
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down