Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stitches

+4
katyp
Kat4
kay
gemari
8 posters

Go down

Stitches Empty Stitches

Post by gemari 31st October 2011, 10:07 am

Hi Ladies. I was allowed to have my 1st shower yesterday yipee I went for my 1st post op on Tuesday. The nurse was lovely although she didn't know I was there for a post op and started giving me the talk before I told her. Anyway she took off my dressings and put on steri strips. I didn't really get the see the scars too much and since then I've had the srips over them. I had a shower today and one of the strips was coming off so I took it off to change it. I assumed that the rough feeling underneath the strips was scabbing, but on my right nipple the stitches are showing and that's what I can feel. I can't feel them all the way around or too much on the left nipple, and I have no idea what's going on with the vertical scars because the strips are stuck tight and I don't want pull them. Has anyone else experienced this. Is it normal or am I not healing properly? I thought that me scars would look a lot better by now, and I can't tell if some of it is just old blood that needs to be washed off, and I'm scared to take off the strips. I'm seeing my nurse again on Thursday but i don't feel totally reassured by them. Shouldn't they be working from notes or something? Thanks ladies xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Stitches Empty Re: Stitches

Post by kay 31st October 2011, 10:13 am

Hey Hun xx

Give them a ring and see what they say xx

However, I would just leave them alone and let them heal xx The skin knits and binds together in layers where the incisions are so they take a bit of time to do this, even when they seal they are very thin xx it just takes time xx

I would let the steristrips fall off naturally xx wouldn't pull them unless they are loose as you will be pulling on the incisions xx I could feel some of the stitching on the outside xx these 'ends' will eventually become brittle and snap off or they will trim them for you xx

All sounds normal hun xx don't soak your incisions or rub them yet they are too fresh xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 31st October 2011, 10:22 am

Hiya gemari, On Friday last week I had a small prob with my steri-strips. I thought there was a scabby bit - sorry if you a weak stomach here - and there was what I thought a little icky stuff (like from a spot - eww sorry I know - cant think of a flowery way to put it) and it concerned me enough to ask my nurse to check it.

I rang but first appt they could give me was in four hours and there was no way I could leave it like that. So i gently pulled off the strips (after soakin in the bath a bit). On the steri-strips was what looked like dried blood and sort of scab stuff - and that stuck to the strips when I pulled it off - my skin under it was clean and smooth. The scar is there yes but the actually yuk was stuck to the strip. Spose thats how it heals? It might be that yours the same? The scabby bit would come off with the strip if you removed it? I wouldnt say to do this yourself - cos you've had by the sound of it proper stitches and mine only glue on the outside - Id ask your nurse to have a look for you to put your mind at ease. My mum said this to me ... "you paid enough, part of that payment was for the after-care they offered - piece of mind is part of that after-care so go and get them to reassure you". My mammy is very wise. Hope that helps xx
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 31st October 2011, 10:44 am

...wise indeed! Heart
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 1st November 2011, 8:35 am

Thanks ladies. My stitches are now poking out nearly all the way around my nipple, so I'm assuming it's part of the healing process. Little buggers are sticking in me though. Hopefully I can get them trimmed on Thursday xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 1st November 2011, 2:52 pm

i had quite alot of raised stitching on mine also but within the 6 weeks they'd all gone.
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 1st November 2011, 4:16 pm

I'm not sure about raised stitches! But when I got my plaster of the nurse sent me home with steri strips on and said from 14 days I could shower but had to
Change the steri strips after each shower! She warned me that when I pulled them of the scabs would come with it and unlike normally where ur warned to leave scabs these ones are ok to be pulled of every time u change ur steri strips I did this for 7 days and each day my incisions looked better by day 21 rightie was totally healed and scab free but lefty had one persistent little scab left so I kept steri stripping it for a few extra days until I ran out and risked it went steri free both boobs had a shower! Went to mums later that day and asked her to check if I should be worried or if the rest was healing fine she had a peek and informed me there wasn't a scab there anymore. Was so confused as it had been that morning I'm guessing after I washed steri strip free the little bugger fell of finally lol! Ask ur nurse and also I would make a call about them not knowing what ur there for (unprofessional ) good luck xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 1st November 2011, 7:29 pm

I've phoned up Harley Street and a lovely nurse phoned me back. All of my stitches have come to the surface :( its horrible. She said that any visible stitches will be cut on Thursday when I see my nurse. I hope that the scarring isn't any worse from this. It's sore and uncomfortable like fishing wire sticking out of all my incisions. Hubby has just taken a pic of the underside incisions and the stitches are sticking out of there too sad smile
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 1st November 2011, 7:34 pm

Sounds ouchie I suppose ur body must of thought woooo I don't like this there not ment to be here as long a youve still mainly healed I'm sure it won't cause anymore scaring! A lot of people have issues with disposable stitches maybe some peoples bodies just react differently x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha01 10th November 2011, 2:36 pm

I had a few dramas with stiches.. I got quite a lot removed at my second post op, unfortunately I got an infection at the 'junction' of the incisions, which is apparently quite common, but the nurse believed that may have started with irritation where my stitches were poking out. As they were catching on my sports bra so do keep an eye on that. I do still have some small stiches working their way out even now, although I am told not to worry. X
Samantha01
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by hazleyez2201 29th November 2011, 1:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I had the same thing happen with mine 3 different times. The last time I pulled it out myself and clipped it with clippers and it went back in finally. It is annoying and hope it doesn't happen again as tomorrow I go for a re-op.
hazleyez2201
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down