Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Bubble effect after my BA

+18
Crystal
smallfry
mrsm
thevisionoflife
derbylou
Annie66
hattie260
Carrie
Peachy34
kittie
alfie
Bebe71
abbie
NurseSophie89
COOKIE
carol_s
jellytot1
chicksville
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 3 Empty Re: Double Bubble effect after my BA

Post by Peachy34 20th December 2010, 8:40 pm

Huni i travelled two and a half hours to my surgery had an overnight stay and then travelled back in the morning and it was no problem so just wondered why you consider 2 hours too far?

Great news from James :good:

It sounds to me like he knows his stuff and I hope its given you some reassurance.

Do they mean that having the bigger implant would intefere with your existing crease because if thats the case I would rather have lovely smaller boobs than bigger ones that weren't as aesthetically pleasing.

Hope you get some answers from your PS soon xxxx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 3 Empty Re: Double Bubble effect after my BA

Post by abbie 20th December 2010, 8:49 pm

chicksville wrote:I have just email the Surgeon that I saw on Monday and have put forward the idea of having an uplift and implants and the subglandular sizers. I have also mentioned that I think that 420's maybe to big and I would rather have 300's to 350's.

I said that I knew that he was the professional and I hope that I hadn't offended him.

Just have to wait and see what he says.

dont forget that james has only seen pics, and while he gives good advice, he hasnt actually seen your boobs, so unless youre going to go with james, listen more to your own surgeon.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 20th December 2010, 9:16 pm

I know, as much as I loving the advice and offer that I have had from James, I am still waiting to hear back from my PS. I email him polity over the weekend suggesting one or two things.

I have been keeping my Hubs up dated on all the progress and although I haven't heard back from the one in London ( Which I would like to see) he fancys a weeks holiday in Devon and said while I'm resting up in bed after having BA he can go hiking across Dartmoor without me Shocked I don't think he quite gets the point ha ha

The more i think about it the easier the drive would be, it's just the i would have to take a todler with me and be back before school finshes because it's a secret BA.

I'm not going to jump surgeon about because it not fair to mess them about. I like the fella i saw on Monday and he highlight something that maybe a problem so that needs to be looked into first.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 20th December 2010, 10:35 pm

I think when James was referring to the sizers, he was suggesting using a sizer as a technique during the BA surgery to check what size looks best before opening the implants and inserting them. I know James uses these sizers during surgery to ensure the optimal result.

I don't think he is talking about the sizers that are implanted and left for a while before a further surgery to replace with proper implants - that's how I read it anyway. Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 3 267328
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 20th December 2010, 10:44 pm

Yes, that how I read it too Hattie

PS Your little boy is sooooooooooooo gorgeous Chicks (love his picture in your new avatar) - he's going to break quite a few hearts when he gets older.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 20th December 2010, 10:48 pm

It's ok hattie i know that they are put in the breast during the op to see which size would work. I didn't get it at first Screwy and then it was explanded and it made a lot of sense.

My hubs is quite taken with James's advice, it amkes me giggle.

Thanks Carol, he's a little star isn't he x
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 20th December 2010, 10:55 pm

That face would melt stone Chicks
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 20th December 2010, 11:24 pm

Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 3 907337 It's a little confusing, I first thought he meant sizer implants when I initially read it then i realised he was just referring to the sizing technique. Seems to make a lot of sense, but I get what abbie is saying. If you were to go to James for a consultation he may change his mind about size seeing you in real life and taking measurements etc.

If you are confident with your surgeon then I am sure he will make the right decision for you. Out of interest did any other surgeons mention the possibility of dubble bubble to you?
x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 20th December 2010, 11:32 pm

Have not seen many, i want to keep it all down to a minimum but have really looked into the ones that i have seen. I liked the last one a lot but he is the only one that mentioned the DB.

I wouldn't take what James has told me as in stone because he would have to have a look.

But then i'm wondering why one surgeon says that i would end up with DB two others have not mentioned it?
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 20th December 2010, 11:36 pm

Perhaps he is just vastly more experienced Chicks and wanted you to know the possible complications shrug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 20th December 2010, 11:39 pm

Yeah maybe its just that it is a possibility albeit small. If I were you chicks, I would go back and see him again and get him to really expain this DB thing to you and the liklihood that you could get it and if there is anything such as smaller implants that could minimise the risk. x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 20th December 2010, 11:44 pm

No, both other surgeons were more experienced than him but he is better at reconstruction which makes me believe he may be better.

He wanted to put a bigger implant in but i like the smaller. I have asked him to go over the DB issue and i have suggested an up lift as well as the sizer.

I wish he would hurry up and mail me back. Does he not how important i am :heehee:
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 21st December 2010, 8:34 am

maybe it wouldnt hurt to see another surgeon.
im just worried that if you go with the one that says youll get DB, and then you do get it, then he might say "well i did say you would" and youd have no entitlement for it to be fixed.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 21st December 2010, 10:20 am

No not at all, I have asked him about a few ways to avoid it but if he says no then i'll move on. My Hub has asked to see James in the new year if this one doesn't pan out.

We both like this fella but there is no way i will book if he can't promise anything.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 22nd December 2010, 12:34 am

Any news yet hunnie??
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 22nd December 2010, 10:16 am

Haven't read through all the replies so sorry if I repeat something that's already been said.

I was told in my consultation that I was at risk of double bubble because I had a very short measurement from my original breast crease to my nipple (2cm!) and also had some drooping in my right breast.

However, my surgeon told me that the risk of DB would be reduced significantly if I had a nipple lift and used a moderate sized implant.

So I guess what I'm saying is that although some of us are definitely more prone to getting double bubble, your surgeon ought to be able to offer you solutions to this problem. So I think it would be definitely worth your while getting some different opinions from other surgeons.
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 22nd December 2010, 10:26 am

carol_s wrote:Any news yet hunnie??
xx

No, but i spoke to my PC yesterday who said that she had spoken to him but all she could do was comfirm the price with round moderate profile implants which isn't what i asked?

Once i have spoken with him i'll be able to consider fully what to do. I'm waiting to speak to James PA who should be calling today or tomorrow. My hubby has got the hotel guide out and is thumbing through places he wants to stay at ha ha. I wants to go back to Gidleigh Park because thats not far from the Plymouth hospital. He's getting excited about hotels and i'm getting excited about boobs :heehee:
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 22nd December 2010, 10:43 am

chicksville wrote:..... who said that she had spoken to him but all she could do was comfirm the price with round moderate profile implants which isn't what i asked?
Doesn't sound too promising, sounds like he's just shuffling his feet (but I do get impatient, one of my flaws I'm afraid shrug )

chicksville wrote:..... My hubby has got the hotel guide out and is thumbing through places he wants to stay at ha ha. I wants to go back to Gidleigh Park because thats not far from the Plymouth hospital. He's getting excited about hotels and i'm getting excited about boobs :heehee:
Unfortunately Plymouth isn't the most wonderful place in January, but he wouldn't be bored as there are some nice things to go and see (Drake's Steps, the walk-through Aquarium etc). But it is a long journey for you hun, so if you eventually decide to come across to Devon, make sure you have plenty of pillows for your journey back home. My journey back from Dolan Park was around 200 miles and I just wish I had had some pillows with me.
I hope things get resolved for you quickly hun and you can then start looking forward to actually having your BA Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 22nd December 2010, 1:20 pm

I will do xx

We stayed at Gidleigh Park (got married there) and that was nice. We have also stayed at The Burgh Island Hotel and we have wanted to go back and stay in the Beach House. In stormy weather the sea spray hits the windows and i love that sort of thing. So Januray may be a good month for that. Nice Lobster as well.

But going off topic about now i sound like a good hotel guide xxx
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 22nd December 2010, 1:36 pm

Oh, are you from around these parts then, or did you just get married in Devon??? It would bring back many happy memories for you then if you stayed at the same hotel Heart
I've only ever once done a wedding at Burgh Island Hotel - it is so lovely there too.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 22nd December 2010, 4:30 pm

We both come from Kent but we travelled down to Devon because it's so beautiful.

My Husband is a real foodie so he wanted to stay at Gidleigh because of the Michelin Stars and I've always wanted to go to Burgh Island because it looks so fantastic and when the tide comes in your completely cut off from the main land, in your own little world where the men have to wear tux's and the ladies in formal gowns. Magical x
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 22nd December 2010, 8:18 pm

I got a reply back from the surgeon and he has suggested that I go back in to see him to discuss it further with him. I contacted the PC and asked her to give me some dates in Jan to pop in to see him. He didn't really give anything away about what he can and can't do but we shall see. He said that I shouldn't worry about what size he gives me as he will know on the day but I am still very nervous that he will give me 420's. When I tried them on in a bra they were massive on me. Again, I'm aware that they can come up different once there in but still, it was pretty scary seeing me that that size bust.

I'm hoping to get up there as soon as possible. I hate all the waiting around.

I have read this back quickly and it sounds like i don't have any confidence in this fella but i did click with him but these are the two most important things that need to be sorted out before i can give a yes or no.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 22nd December 2010, 9:01 pm

I had 420's and I was 34b. When I tried the 420 implants in my bra they seemed massive!! but they look much smaller 'in the flesh' so I am glad I didn't bottle it and go for something smaller. My surgeon was right!!
Good luck with your consultation hun xxx
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 22nd December 2010, 9:03 pm

Although I can see you are size 30, so they will look bigger on you, but just wanted to reassure you that personally I found trying the implants in my bra and trying the rice test made me look much bigger than reality! xx
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 22nd December 2010, 9:12 pm

I got rice bags and they were measure out to be 300, when i put those in my bra i almost laid an egg!! They looked big as well yet i have tried on a 300 and it looked ok. I think the biggest i would go based on an implant test would be 360 at a push. I think that would be my limit.

You do have nice boobs by the way x

chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next