Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Bubble

+6
Loubyroo
Peachy34
xx sharon xx
sarahdawn31
Deedee83
jay1983
10 posters

Go down

Double Bubble Empty Double Bubble

Post by jay1983 8th November 2010, 12:31 am

I had actually thought that I was getting bottoming out but it appears that I am also getting double bubble too. Gosh aren't I spoilt :-(

x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Double Bubble Empty Re: Double Bubble

Post by Deedee83 8th November 2010, 8:08 am

Morning sweet. Can I ask, what is a double bubble? Love Dee x
Deedee83
Deedee83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 8th November 2010, 8:22 am

Oh no Jay... have u seen your ps about the double bubble?
so sorry about all your troubles Hug
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 8th November 2010, 8:29 am

Double bubble (DB) is an abnormal breast condition which can be caused by several distinct reasons. DB is characterized by a multi-tiered appearance to the breast, typically below the nipple /areola complex. DB is a correctable condition, but in order to repair the problem, it is crucial to understand exactly what is causing the deformity to exist.
Causes of Double Bubble
DB is a condition which can be caused by several anatomical or surgical issues. The most common causes of DB include:

* Implants in a patient with a constricted inframammary crease or tuberous breast condition. This condition should have been corrected prior to or during breast augmentation surgery.

* Submuscular or high subpectoral implant placement in a woman with uncorrected moderate to severe breast ptosis. An integrated mastopexy would have prevented the condition from occurring.

* Gradual normal ptosis of the natural breast tissue off highly placed (usually submuscular) breast implants can create DB after several years.

* Stretching of the natural inframammary crease and subsequent implant migration under the crease will create a lower bulge from the implant and an upper bulge from organic breast tissue. This is most common in inframammary augmentations, especially when the natural crease was revised to accommodate large implants.

* Capsular contracture can create a DB condition.

If you go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my boobs are similar to the bottom left ones.

Thanks
Jay
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 8th November 2010, 9:53 am

Hi jay... 👋 ...sorry your having complications. Has your surgeon established what is causing your DB ? I think that i have slight DB...ive always had a slight indented ridge running along the width of my lower left breast, its about an inch above my lower incision crease. Its never been very obvious but is more visible from the side. Ive had a rupture in that breast for 18 month now and has definately got worse lately...ive got a suspected rupture in my right breast now and the same appearance has presented itself on that boob now. I am due for re-op in jan and my new surgeon said its due to capsular contracture...im not 100% convinced though because like i said, Ive always had it in my lefty... Also, he's advised larger implants due to sagging and going in front of the muscle opposed to my present placement ( partial unders )...I also have pretty bad muscle flex distortion. I am sooo looking forward to getting these ruptured pips removed and getting the other complications sorted out...and good luck to you... Hug ...xxx
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 8th November 2010, 8:24 pm

Hi Jay sorry to hear you are having problems hope you get them sorted soon. Have you ben able to see your surgeon yet and i so what have they said x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 8th November 2010, 9:55 pm

I have booked to see surgeon on 20 Nov. Spoke to the nice surse I saw in London today and she said that it makes sense that I would need a re-op. Just need to get my head around the idea. Wondering if that means they will need to take the implants out. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 8th November 2010, 10:01 pm

Oh no! When was your BA Jay? How upsetting nope
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 9th November 2010, 8:14 am

My BA was on 24 Aug so i've gave everything a chance to settle. Seeing surgeon next week so will hopefully feel better after that. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 9th November 2010, 9:48 am

Hug

Hope your appointment goes well Jay xx
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 9th November 2010, 7:51 pm

Jay mine are like the bottom left one to. I have alot of natural skin tissue that just hangs over. I see my surgeon on the 17th and a bit worried about what he is going to say.

xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th November 2010, 9:19 pm

Sorry to hear you're having problems hun. Which placement do you have? My DB was sorted switching my unders to overs.

ps moved your thread to complications forum for you x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 10th November 2010, 10:32 am

Sally, you didnt wait long for your re-op, how did you find healing the second time round?

I am worried about this as swtiching to overs isnt really possible for me since one breast has more natural breast tissue than the other.

x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 10th November 2010, 7:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're having complications Jay. Hope you get things sorted when you see your surgeon. Double Bubble 948189
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down