Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Bubble effect after my BA

+18
Crystal
smallfry
mrsm
thevisionoflife
derbylou
Annie66
hattie260
Carrie
Peachy34
kittie
alfie
Bebe71
abbie
NurseSophie89
COOKIE
carol_s
jellytot1
chicksville
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 2 Empty Re: Double Bubble effect after my BA

Post by kittie 15th December 2010, 10:01 pm

Big hugs chicksville Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 2 571992

It sounds like you got a good vibe (exclude my hippyness) from that surgeon. Maybe you should book another consultation with him to discuss whether an uplift or different placement would help.

You are not in any way seen as a fraud! The BA journey takes us all a different time and a different way. Keep your chin up babe.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Double Bubble effect after my BA - Page 2 Empty Re: Double Bubble effect after my BA

Post by carol_s 15th December 2010, 10:14 pm

chicksville wrote:.............. and that I maybe seen as some sort of fraud for not having been done by now...........
Awww hun, nobody thinks that of you ............... and if it ever crosses anybody's minds, then Nurse Sophie and I will go and sort them out, she's in a very mean mood at the moment AND I'm sure she can get her hands on a super large needle and syringe LOL
You're just feeling a bit down and very confused at the moment, which isn't surprising considering everything that's been thrown at you this last week or so. But, we all know you are strong enough to come through this and get past that winning tape (and with your new boobies you will be able to do so a split second faster LOL)
I'm sure James will come back soon and be able to offer you some sound and encouraging advice. Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 16th December 2010, 2:24 pm

Hi sweetie sorry to hear you aren't happy. I would see another surgeon personally as although he seems to have put you at ease I do feel you would benefit from another opinion. I saw a surgeon who wanted to do unders even though I was a prime candidate for overs just because it was her preference I felt at ease with her and everything she said made sense but I'm so glad I didn't go with her now. Hope your mind gets put at ease soon and you can start looking forward to your new boobies xoxo
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th December 2010, 2:33 pm

Peachy I want bulb balls like that on my tree!

Am talking to James at the moment and hopefully he can give me his opinion. I have bit the bullet and am going to be sending him pic's. I feel almost sick doing it but I know it has to be done. At least this way it's going to be like an outer body experience.

I can feel my self getting back on track about this but I hope to god that I get good news from James x
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 16th December 2010, 2:33 pm

I thought double bubble was when you get two 'bulges' (horrible description, sorry), one from old breast tissue, and one from the implant, coz they are not quite sitting correctly. I've read your posts here and in your diary and I originally thought you meant that you have a very sharpe crease under your breasts and this would be visible on the lower part of your new breasts after the BA - sort of like a deep wrinkle, which might or might not smooth out. I understand the surgeon you've just seen to be extremely approachable, so perhaps contact him directly(through his own website perhaps) and talk this through at the same time as asking about uplift - just in case it's not quite as bad as it sounds? Hope you get some good news and if not, some honest, but positive news xxx
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 16th December 2010, 2:39 pm

I've just been thinking about what you have described and it sounds like what tanyajade said when she had her tuberous breasts corrected and she was told that the line would smooth itself out in time. The old crease line sat a bit above her new breast creasethat they made when they put the implant in. See what James says and I hope he can reassure you.

I know those boobles are great aren't they if I didn't have kids I'd defo buy some lol xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th December 2010, 2:41 pm

Carrie (Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 pm) wrote:I've read your posts here and in your diary and I originally thought you meant that you have a very sharpe crease under your breasts and this would be visible on the lower part of your new breasts after the BA - sort of like a deep wrinkle, which might or might not smooth out.

Thats right but he said that it wouldn't smooth out and i would be left with two crease lines that would give this effect.

I emailed last night and asked him just to go over it again and i asked a few othr questions as well. He has not answered yet.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th December 2010, 2:49 pm

Peachy34 (Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:39 pm) wrote:I've just been thinking about what you have described and it sounds like what tanyajade said when she had her tuberous breasts corrected and she was told that the line would smooth itself out in time. The old crease line sat a bit above her new breast creasethat they made when they put the implant in. See what James says and I hope he can reassure you.

I know those boobles are great aren't they if I didn't have kids I'd defo buy some lol xx

Oh yes I remember that now. I had spoken to her about tuberous breasts because I thought that I might of have something similar but I think that still a combination of my rib cage and having one slightly smaller. But I do remember her talking about the 2nd crease.

Do you think I should PM her after I have heard back from James???

I hope he's got a sick bag ready when he opens the pic's. Am in a bit of a panic now I've sent them to him.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 16th December 2010, 3:00 pm

Aww hun, I understand how you feel about sending James those images - but be assured he has probably seen far, far worse over the years. At least he now has something to go on and can tell you what he thinks, how it might be best to proceed in your particular circumstances and the likely prognosis - it might yet be wonderful news for you hunnie.
Keep strong pet Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th December 2010, 3:12 pm

Thanks,

I've never sent a pic of me to anyone and it just feels a little strange.. BUT needs must and like you say he has probably seen worse. Just wish I had stood in front of the fridge and got my nips to point in the same direction!
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 16th December 2010, 9:17 pm

Aw hun keep being brave it was a big step sending your pics if you feel that way so good for you. Its all a means to a hopefully good ending. I would pm tanyajade I'm sure would want to help reassure you if she can xxx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th December 2010, 9:24 pm

I did earlier, I didn't ask to see any pic's because I haven't really spoken to her that much and felt it rude. But if she tells me that it is fading and looks ok than I would be happy with that because even if her's has faded that doesn't mean to say that mine will.

But I've had two pregnancies and I haven't got any stretch marks and my tummy went back to being flat. Does that mean I have good skin or was I just lucky? I do go to the gym and that was to regain my figure.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 16th December 2010, 10:02 pm

chicksville wrote:..................Does that mean I have good skin or was I just lucky? .......
I think that this might be a good sign for you hun, which is why I asked (I think it was in your other thread). It means that your skin is in good condition and has good elastomeric properties. I would tell James about this too as it could alter his views on your prognosis for a normal recovery.
Take care hunnie, I am thinking of you
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 16th December 2010, 11:39 pm

I was told by a surgeon that I had good skin (for implants) because I also have no stretch marks on my breasts or stomach after 2 pregnancies - so definitely a positive for you :good:
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 18th December 2010, 12:09 pm

chicksville wrote:I did earlier, I didn't ask to see any pic's because I haven't really spoken to her that much and felt it rude. But if she tells me that it is fading and looks ok than I would be happy with that because even if her's has faded that doesn't mean to say that mine will.

But I've had two pregnancies and I haven't got any stretch marks and my tummy went back to being flat. Does that mean I have good skin or was I just lucky? I do go to the gym and that was to regain my figure.

I'm the same hun I had 2 pregnancies and my skin pretty much went back to normal my 3rd I was a bit older so have felt it a bit more but no stretch marks so maybe we are just lucky. My BA scars are fading a bit now but not as well as I'd hoped but I suppose I'm still early days. To echo what you said everyones different and healing is different as we get older. I still don't think the surgeon woud give you boobs that look really awful as you are an example of their work. Surely if they were going to look worse they wouldn't do it for you. xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 18th December 2010, 8:26 pm

Right, hot off the press.......

I have had a reply from James regarding my pictures, his reply is:

Hi Chicksville,
I really don't think you would b a high risk 4 double bubble looking at ur pics. With a moderate sized implant (325) u should be fine. I would strongly advise against interfering with your inframammary fold as this would be the most likely cause of problems. The easiest approach is to insert a subglandular sizer + simply inflate it until a good result is achieved of an adequate size for you. Cheltenham is 2h from London and I would be very happy to give u the benefit of my experience there?
Merry xmas,
JM

I'm very very happy with his answer and i agree with him regarding the 325's, when i go back to see my surgeon i will mention this to him as i as concerned about going to big. I will see what he says regarding size and try them on again. I can't get the 420's out of my head, i'm sure that they would be far far to big.

I rang my PC this morning but she is away until Monday but i will try again on Monday and put this to her and ask her to contact the surgeon to see what he says then book consultation number two.

I think James is the tops and would book him in a flash but he just to far away nope

p.s i'm reading the 'subglandular sizer +' to mean unders, is that right or am i wrong? I have not hear this term before.

Last edited by NurseSophie89 on 18th December 2010, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of personal information)
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 18th December 2010, 8:44 pm

Hi hun,

He doesn't mean unders; subglandular means under the breast tissue, over the muscle.

What he means is he would put in an inflatable implant sizer in when you are under and inflate it until you get the best result - then he would remove it and insert that sized implant.

Hope this helps x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 18th December 2010, 8:49 pm

Yes, thank you. Had been googling it and there's lots of talk about unders.

Has anyone had this done and is it common?
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 18th December 2010, 10:31 pm

Hi Chicks, I don't think it is common as most of us are having 'standard' type implants - but doing it this way would give James the best way to see how your skin is reacting to the size of the implant and that way he can best judge what size will give you the best 'finish' with respect to the double bubble effect. Sounds like this might be the best solution for you.
If your present surgeon is not able to do this for you, it might be worth thinking if you could manage to see James in Cheltenham - for instance could you get somebody to look after the children for a couple of days and get your husband to drive you there, stay overnight in a local B&B and then bring you home the next day???
Looks like there might be some light at the end of your really testing week hunnie Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 18th December 2010, 10:36 pm

PS check your Private Messages hun
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 18th December 2010, 11:49 pm

I have just email the Surgeon that I saw on Monday and have put forward the idea of having an uplift and implants and the subglandular sizers. I have also mentioned that I think that 420's maybe to big and I would rather have 300's to 350's.

I said that I knew that he was the professional and I hope that I hadn't offended him.

Just have to wait and see what he says.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 18th December 2010, 11:54 pm

I hope you receive something very positive back from your surgeon as soon as possible hun - this has been an agonising week for you, from massive despair to hope for a really good outcome Hug
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 18th December 2010, 11:56 pm

I bet it's been an agonising week for you ladies to, having to listen to my moany posts!

Love to you all xxxxx
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 19th December 2010, 12:02 am

No, not at all lovely, I think we were all devastated for you when you started this thread, but more and more hopeful for you as things started to become clearer and it's wonderful that we have people like James on board who can explain things more knowledgeably than we can and can suggest a way through this maze.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebe71 19th December 2010, 12:18 am

Really glad you got such a positive anwser from james. It was so worth sending your photo to him even though you hated it! Hopefully you can feel more positively. I haven't ha sizers used in my but I know they use them for correcting asymmetry.
Bebe71
Bebe71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next