Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs or unders??????

+8
COOKIE
titanic_girl
kettlel
janeybird
natalia
Eviealabama
CJA2010
Peachy34
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overs or unders?????? Empty Overs or unders??????

Post by Peachy34 3rd August 2010, 9:00 pm

I would appreciate any info on the pros and cons that people have found for either. I've done the research but I can't seem to sway in either direction.

Just as I think I've made a decision about what I want I read something else. I've always thought I'd like to have overs and I did alot of research into this and went into my 1st consultation with that in mind but the surgeon didn't seem so keen, not because that I wouldn't be a good candidate for them but because she said they have alot more chance of rippling.

When I was reading up it mostly said that this was the case with saline implants but not with the silicone cohesive gel.

Its just frustrating with so much conflicting information out there.

Any input would be much appreciated
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Overs or unders?????? Empty Re: Overs or unders??????

Post by CJA2010 3rd August 2010, 9:10 pm

To be honest I chose unders as although my surgeon said I could take overs he felt unders would work better. I think and I'm sure the other girls will correct me if I'm wrong but it depends on what you start off as to what would work best. I for example have a little breast tissue so unders work best for me due rippling etc. If you have had kids then overs would work better as you've got space to fill as it were. That's basically how it was explained to me and how i understood it. Hope this helps? Xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 3rd August 2010, 9:26 pm

Thanks I have had kids so there is space to fill and as I'm not looking to go too big just in proportion I went to a D when I was breast feeding so I know the old girls can take it lol. I know people generally say your surgeon knows best but I will wait and see if I get some different opinions in my next 2 consultations. x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviealabama 5th August 2010, 9:11 am

I think the recovery time for overs is much shorter and you are in much less pain i had overs and haven't been in much pain at all but i've heard of some girls getting unders and it taking ages to recover and also being in loads of pain x
Eviealabama
Eviealabama
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 5th August 2010, 9:25 am

your surgeon wil choose best implant for u i wanted unders but my surgeon advised overs as i had alittle breast tissue its best to let your surgeon decide this for u xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 5th August 2010, 9:28 am

Hi Peachy,
Agree with Natalia re your surgeons advice but if you decide on unders I had them and wasnt in that much pain, just felt like had v tight bra on, stopped coedine on 3rd day and just took the occasional paracetemol after that.
I thought unders were going to be agony but they really werent so dont let that put you off them honey.

Type into the search box and you will see lots of posts were the old unders v overs has been discussed :) that might help
Also search for my old topic "Are unders total agony" it helped me :)
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by kettlel 5th August 2010, 12:04 pm

I had overs for 10.5 years, started with little breast tissue and had no rippling, no probs whatsoever.

I've just had my 2nd pair of overs done and they are very natural looking even with a relatively large 370cc implant. My ps is very pro overs and said if I was happy with my previous over, why change? He also said, natural breast tissus is infront of the muscle so why put an implant behind it which is a good point.
xx
kettlel
kettlel
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 5th August 2010, 12:13 pm

I have been told I have to get my implants put in under the muscle :(
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2010, 12:29 pm

If you unsure hun, go for more consultations and get some advice from other surgeons to find out what they feel to be the best placement for YOU.

You really need to further discuss what the best option is going to be for you to achieve the look you're after hunni.

If you have plenty of breast tissue then there should be no reason whatsoever for you not to have overs if that's what YOU want.

My surgeon has a personal preference for 'unders' and when he agreed to do my re-op he wanted to go under the muscle as this is 'his' preferred surgery, however, having had 'overs' before and liking the look I achieved from overs we discussed what would be the best for 'me' and we both agreed that overs were the way to go - I'm very happy with my results and my surgeon is very pleased with the look too. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 5th August 2010, 12:57 pm

I don't have much breast tissue, y'see.
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 5th August 2010, 1:41 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys I've been for another consult today and his recommendation without me saying anything was overs as I have plenty of tissue to cover them. I have been told I can have either so now its up to me. Having read back on some previous topics I have seen that unders are just as prone to rippling as overs so I'm going to stop worrying about that. Now I've decided where I've just got to decide what size. Decisions decisions rice boobies time I think!!!!!!
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 5th August 2010, 1:47 pm

What is rippling?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kettlel 5th August 2010, 2:37 pm

titanic_girl - I had no breast tissue at all, couldn't even fill an AA bra, was just a nipple and I have overs so if you want overs you could approach a diff surgeon. I've had overs for almost 11 years, no rippling etc.

xx
kettlel
kettlel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 5th August 2010, 3:27 pm

kettle yours look amazing i think you must have had decent tissue on your chest above your boobs

I think titanic girl means she is like me quite bony on the chest and cant pinch any skin over breastbone therefore nothing to cover the top of the implants, right titanic girl?
My surgeon said i would have looked like the old victoria beckham if id had overs LOL so no choice for me ha ha
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by kettlel 5th August 2010, 4:07 pm

Thanks Janeybird -Oh I see, yeh I suppose I do have a bit of meat up there, def not bony sadly lol! You def don't want the victoria beckham look!! It always surprises me she looked like that cause pre implants she had boobs but I suppose it's cause shes so skinny.
xx
kettlel
kettlel
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 5th August 2010, 10:50 pm

kettlel wrote:titanic_girl - I had no breast tissue at all, couldn't even fill an AA bra, was just a nipple and I have overs so if you want overs you could approach a diff surgeon. I've had overs for almost 11 years, no rippling etc.

xx

I am an A/B cup but he said I only have 0.55 something of breast tissue. What is rippling? Why is overs better?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 5th August 2010, 10:51 pm

janeybird wrote:kettle yours look amazing i think you must have had decent tissue on your chest above your boobs

I think titanic girl means she is like me quite bony on the chest and cant pinch any skin over breastbone therefore nothing to cover the top of the implants, right titanic girl?
My surgeon said i would have looked like the old victoria beckham if id had overs LOL so no choice for me ha ha

Yeah, you're right, I'm quite slim and I don't wanna look fake like Posh. Imagine :(
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katita 6th August 2010, 1:09 am

I had overs and yes the recovery time is shorter, my friend had unders and was out of action for 6 weeks. I think it depends on the look you want too. Natalia on here and I both like the round look and overs will give you that. Have you taken photos of breasts you like to any consults, I had so many and don't forget to take photos of what you don't like as well.
katita
katita
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 6th August 2010, 12:32 pm

Does overs give you a more round look that unders?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 6th August 2010, 1:35 pm

yep overs does i like slighty fake rounded look im glad i had overs xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 6th August 2010, 2:03 pm

I don't want a fake look so am I better sticking to the unders?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th August 2010, 2:13 pm

titanic_girl wrote:I don't want a fake look so am I better sticking to the unders?

If you have very little breast tissue then 'under the muscle' will be your best option hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 6th August 2010, 4:21 pm

Thanks for all your input guys yours are all faband you have all helped, I've decided to go with overs as I have no tissue issues etc and I have been recommended them by 2 out of 3 consults. So again many thanks for you help xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 7th August 2010, 1:00 am

cookie wrote:
titanic_girl wrote:I don't want a fake look so am I better sticking to the unders?

If you have very little breast tissue then 'under the muscle' will be your best option hun. xx

Yeah, thought so. Would it give me a more natural look as well?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 7th August 2010, 1:01 am

Peachy34 wrote:Thanks for all your input guys yours are all faband you have all helped, I've decided to go with overs as I have no tissue issues etc and I have been recommended them by 2 out of 3 consults. So again many thanks for you help xx

Doesn't no tissue mean unders?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next