Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After care included in surgery

+3
*Sally*
COOKIE
dee_86
7 posters

Go down

After care included in surgery Empty After care included in surgery

Post by dee_86 22nd June 2010, 11:31 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question (I hope).

I'm booked in for the 6th of next month at Nuffield in Glasgow for BA. I'm really so
excited and have so much faith in the surgeon I have chosen- Mr Soutar.
BUT I'm having reservations. Not about the procedure as I literally have everything in place for it- My lift home and everything lol

The big downside for me (and something I didn't give enough consideration) is the after care. They only provide 30 days after care which worries me. Whereas, Transform now offer 10 year warranty. Can anyone give me any advice as now I am too confused. I want to go on the 6th but I'm worried. Not sure but don't think it's last min nerves as I genuinely want to go but just couldn't afford more surgery in the near future if it came to it. H.E.L.P lol :)

Any advice welcome. Also does anyone know the waiting times for Transform in Scotland, pref Edinburgh.

Thanks,

D
dee_86
dee_86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

After care included in surgery Empty Re: After care included in surgery

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2010, 6:54 am

After-care I feel is one of the things most needed right up there after your choice of a reputable surgeon and clinic.

No matter how great the surgeon or clinic is they can't give you any guarantees that you won't have any complications post-op and the 30 day cover you're being offered will just about cover your initial recovery period, after that you'd be on your own.

If you're happy with the surgeon and clinic and can afford to fund further possible surgery should you be unlucky then great! But if not, then I think you're right to seek somewhere with longer cover giving you the additional security should you need it hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 23rd June 2010, 8:07 am

I think that aftercare is very important too. If you are one of the few who has complications like Cookie says the its likely that you'll be on your own. I'd speak to your surgeon about it. x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 23rd June 2010, 8:19 am

its really important i wouldnt of gone with transform unless they provided me with it and they did touch wood i had no probs though although they did call me after my op twice to see if everything was ok and that i wasnt in to much pain so to me they were great xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 23rd June 2010, 8:53 am

What are they covering for 30 days? Infection and other complications usually occur pretty soon after but some (like CC and double bubble etc) can appears a few months after. Find out whats covered. Also what implants are you getting and do they have a warranty for rupture?

30 days does not sound like enough to me.
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by dee_86 23rd June 2010, 12:32 pm

Thank you all so much for replying. Really helpful and I have now booked a consultation with transform as they currently have a ten year warranty for rupture or cc. The Nuffield surgeon was offering teardrop but @ transform they are £1000 more so hopefully at consultation the round implants will prove to be suited to my body shape!

I did speak to Nuffield who have said 9 times out of ten they will cover the cost for two years but she did say it's not garunteed and wouldn't out ut in writing which tells me lots lol so the paper work I would be signing is only if there are probs within 30 days so I'm really dissapointed but can't go ahead if I have reservations.

Consultation is with mr lahoud at transform so fingers crossed i'm happy with the outcome as due to work committments surgery will prob be 5th July!!! Yay lol

Thanks again d x
dee_86
dee_86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2010, 12:35 pm

dee_86 wrote:Thank you all so much for replying. Really helpful and I have now booked a consultation with transform as they currently have a ten year warranty for rupture or cc. The Nuffield surgeon was offering teardrop but @ transform they are £1000 more so hopefully at consultation the round implants will prove to be suited to my body shape!

You could always try bartering with Transform, explain that you've had a consultation already and give them the price quoted, tell them if they can meet that price you'll go with them - chances are you'll get the £1000 off hun! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 23rd June 2010, 7:49 pm

I think you have made a sensible decision hun, if there are any reservations (esp about something so important as aftercare) then seeing another company is the best thing to do. I agree with the girls 30 days seems awfully low and I personally just wouldn't feel happy or comfortable knowing it only lasted this long.

I agree with Cookie, definately haggle with Transform, they are one of the companies that are willing to do this!

Good luck! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 23rd June 2010, 7:57 pm

I think youve been sensible. I wouldnt go with a company with such inadequate aftercare. You need more peace of mind than that.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by dee_86 23rd June 2010, 10:39 pm

Feel really fortunate to have come accross this sight and everyone involved, the support and advice is invaluable!

I have spoken with my co-ordinator now at Transform and the teardrop has went from 5k to £4500... Still working on that though as I am taking a really short notice BA - 3d of July!! Plus all BA's with them in July have £250 discount anyway. Not entirely confirmed as I have to see the surgeon on Sunday! Weired thing is, she wanted £500 tomorrow to secure date which obv isn't getting paid until after consultation. :-)

So now I'm off to post on the surgeon board as the one which I have in mind Mr Lahoud is not BAPRAS or BAAPS but on the Speciality Plastic Surgeon Register in Italy, Hmmm. Do however feel assured by the ten year warranty thing.

After care included in surgery 683328
x

Thanks ladies!
dee_86
dee_86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down