Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support/care after your op?

+3
COOKIE
mrsball
cupcakeaholic
7 posters

Go down

Support/care after your op? Empty Support/care after your op?

Post by cupcakeaholic 14th March 2013, 9:04 pm

How much help did people need the days just after their op? Did you need assistance with everything or were you able to wash yourself and prepare food etc?
cupcakeaholic
cupcakeaholic
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Support/care after your op? Empty Re: Support/care after your op?

Post by mrsball 14th March 2013, 9:13 pm

You will need quite a lot of help first few days , even lifting a kettle is a no no! Make sure you have a load of ready meals or someone to cook for you. You will have limited arm movements so make sure everything's in easy reach
As for washing you won't be able to get your new boobs wet at all so flannel washes or a shallow bath to wash your bottom half but may need a hand getting in and out.

Book a wash and blow dry for around 2/3 days after as you'll need a hand to wash your hair plus it's a treat to look foward to :-) x

mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th March 2013, 9:17 pm

The first few days you're going to need full support hun until the GA gets out of your system and you start to feel more like your old self again. But by a week which is generally the turning point for most, you can do everything you feel able to do yourself, bar heavy excercise, lifting or anything that will put pressure on the upper body such as hoovering and ironing. These jobs will require someone else to do just those couple of things for you because your recovery is going to restrict you for a six week period.

There's absolutely no need for you to sit around or lay in bed all day, general cleaning and cooking is fine. You might find your arms are weak for some time so opening jars or cans may be a bit of chore so you might need help with that.

You're completely able to wash yourself from day one. Washing your hair will however require help or you may want to book yourself into the hairdressers for a wash and blow about a week post-op. dry shampoo till then will be fine. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 14th March 2013, 9:28 pm

Yep I had my mum looking after me for week 1 which was great - I booked in for a wash and blow dry too as it made me feel much better. I could do things for myself from as soon as I got home but it was nice to have mum looking after me.
After that my sister was helping and still is as I have a dog so she's been helping me take care of him.
xxx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th March 2013, 10:33 pm

Hi,

I came home on the Sunday and felt ok and even managed to wash dry and straighten my hair from that day on, took ages but got there lol

But my husband for the following week started work later after he done the school run and dropped out youngest at his mums or nursery, I literally ate and slept for the 1st week but I was on alot of pain relief as I had a sore time of it

Then he stopped for the 2 week xmas period and all in all he was in the house with me for 3 weeks and I needed him to be honest but we are all diff and heal diff too, its one of they ones you wont know til your done xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakeaholic 14th March 2013, 11:29 pm

Thanks everyone. My mum is having to take a week off sick otherwise nobody can get the time off to look after me. I feel so bad that she has to so was hoping I could tell her not to but by the sounds of it it's better to have her there! :( Great tips about the blow drys! Will be booking those tomorrow I think. xxx
cupcakeaholic
cupcakeaholic
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 15th March 2013, 9:33 am

Hey hun,

Yup totally agree with the other girls. The best thing is to have your mum there as its so easy to do too much. Even getting in & out of bed I found hard as it takes a whole to get comfy so needed help with pillows and if I slipped down the bed during the night I couldn't get up so needed help. Cooking and cleaning I found a no no as its so easy to do too much again but equally everyone different you may feel ok. My advice is let your mum be mum for the week, help wash you, dress you, cook for you, everything really to give yourself the best possible chance of healing. After that week you'll def be fine to be on your own just take everything slowly as not to over stretch or hurt yourself. Booking in at the hairdressers for the following week a great idea, I did it 3 times over the 2 weeks I was off, dry shampoo with do til then. Even brushing my hair was difficult so just ask your mum!
Hope this helps any other Q's then ask x x
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 17th March 2013, 1:18 pm

I am also a little worried about the healing period, more than the op and GA!

I have a very clumsy dog of over 8 stone- he weighs more than me! So I am planning on staying at my sisters for the first week and my partner will look after and walk our dog.

When i get back to our place i worry that my dog might jump up or squash me at some point so may have to keep my distance from him until i am over the initial healing period. All it takes is for him to jump up on the bed or sofa and get me in the boobs in the crossfire!

All the best though. x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th March 2013, 6:08 pm

If you know your dog may jump on your Yolanda, you're right to keep your distance lovely. Not only does the slightest bump HURT lots early BA (think about how a man feels when he kegs a kick between the legs) but with a dog if that size, he could do some damage babe and the last thing you'd want after going through all you have is to put back your healing, or worse... Need a re-op. so do take good care of yourself sweetness. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 17th March 2013, 6:43 pm

Thanks cookie, the last thing i would want to happen is need a re-op or have a bump from my dog to compromise my healing.

I'm just lucky I'm not on my own and that my OH will be picking up the slack. x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 17th March 2013, 6:47 pm

Yes my pooch jumped on my right boob the other night and it KILLED - he's only 6 kg though so I think yours would do more damage!
It's not nice being separated from them but all worth it in the end... and they will forgive you ;) xxx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 17th March 2013, 6:53 pm

Thanks rubylily,

Yes your right there, in human terms my dog is like a heavy weight ultimate fighting champion lol, so to take a 'punch' to the boob would be most horrific!

Dogs are very loyal and im sure i will be forgiven for being away from him. xx
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down