Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those with young children

5 posters

Go down

For those with young children Empty For those with young children

Post by red77 19th February 2010, 9:40 pm

I was wondering if anyone with small children thats had surgery could advise me on whether its realistic to think i will be able to cope a week after an op alone?

ive got 2 small children, (my youngest will be approx 18 months) and will have my partner home for a week but after that i will be alone. Also how long are you not allowed to drive for?

Any help appreciated
red77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

For those with young children Empty Re: For those with young children

Post by Jade 19th February 2010, 10:05 pm

dont drive but I do have a little girl who was 18 months when I had my op.

I found the first 3-5 days the most difficult but not impossible.

I had overs and within 1 week I was pretty much back to normal bar lifting higer than my waist if you know what I mean :)
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 19th February 2010, 10:24 pm

Hi red77

I have two small children too, one is 18 months and my eldest has just turned 3. I've been having the same concerns as you but generally people seem to think it will be ok after a week if you are able to have overs. I was advised to avoid lifting the little ones too much for a while. If yours are anything like mine then I'm sure that you have to do a fair bit of carrying about but as long as your partner is there in the very early days hopefully you will be ok. Have you had any consultations yet? Might be worth getting a surgeon's advice. xx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 20th February 2010, 8:07 am

I only have 1 child who has just turned 1, he had just turned 11 months when i had my BA so as you can imagine he needed lifting alot he can't walk yet. I had help for the first week so i didn't have to lift at all & i really appreciated it no way could i have lifted him (I had overs) But after a week i started to lift him but as little as i possible could. At times it did hurt a little but i took things steady & i was fine. I think with your 2 you will be ok & i wouldn't imagine there would be much lifting with the ages they are?? If they are used to being lifted maybe just get down on their level & hug & talk to them etc etc that way they might get diverted from the 'need' to want to be lifted??

I wasn't allowed to drive for 2 weeks x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 20th February 2010, 10:05 am

Are you having overs or unders?

I have 3 children under the age of 5 years, my youngest was 10 months when I had my op.

I had partial unders and I had dh help for the first week and then my mum for the second week. By the end of the second week I was managing fine (but carefully) by myself.

If you're having unders like I did then i would say that a week really isn't long enough, you would need some help for at least part of the second week after your op.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by red77 20th February 2010, 10:43 am

thanks for your replies ladies. im going to try and see a consultant this week but im quite sure it will have to be unders as i have barely any breast tissue.

Its reassuing to know that others with same age children have gone through ba as i sometimes wonder if im being a bit too selfish and should wait until they are older. Although me reasons for wanting it asap is that i dont want many people to know so if people do notice i can say they never went down after breastfeeding.
For those with young children Icon_rolleyes
red77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down