Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovery with young children to look after?

+4
littlemisstiny1
Sparky123
stef
mum23boys
8 posters

Go down

Recovery with young children to look after? Empty Recovery with young children to look after?

Post by mum23boys 6th May 2009, 1:33 pm

I was wondering for those of you that have had your ba when your kiddies were young how you found the recovery period?

My youngest will be 10months when I have the op (if all goes to plan), I'll have my husband off work to help for at least a week but hopefully closer to two weeks.

While I think I can bodge it and we can sit on the floor to eat for example so I wouldn't have to lift him in and out of a high chair, I am worried about getting him into and out of his car seat and up and down the stairs.

Any advice?

I really really don't want to delay it into next year as I feel I've waited so long to have this that now I'll be gutted to delay it, however what I don't want to do is damage myself post op and have complications as a result.
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Recovery with young children to look after? Empty Re: Recovery with young children to look after?

Post by stef 6th May 2009, 1:39 pm

Hi

I had my BA, my little girl was 9 months and my little boy was 2yo.

You will definatly need help for the first 1/2 weeks.

I felt fine at 2 weeks so was able to pick them up, dress them etc. You still need to take it easy though even at 2 weeks. My little boy is quite heavy and if I picked him up in an awkward positiong it would give me a shooting pain in one boob but that didn't really happen that often. You should be fine xxx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Recovery with young children to look after? Empty Re: Recovery with young children to look after?

Post by Sparky123 6th May 2009, 2:50 pm

Hi,

I had under the muscle (longer recovery), but after about a week I started to feel that I could do normal things again, but gently if that makes sense, my OH only had three days off and I had three kids to look after (youngest two though) so was able to climb in and out of things. I think you will be fine as long as your sensible and dont overdo things xx
Sparky123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemisstiny1 6th May 2009, 4:34 pm

Hi - I've been wondering about this too - have got 2 wks cover (hubby/family) but then I'm on my own. Will try to be inventive and use lots of bribery, sweeties are like gold-dust in this house! :)
littlemisstiny1
littlemisstiny1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 6th May 2009, 4:39 pm

Hi i had unders and couldnt pick up my little girl for 3/4 weeks (she was 7 months). I couldnt really do much with her so my mum/dad/bf did it all x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 6th May 2009, 7:24 pm

My little boy is 3.5. I took him with me to one of my consultations so he knew what was going on and knew that he have to help mummy and look after her! Other than a few over enthusiastic cuddles its been fine. I'm 2 weeks post op now. My parents looked after him for about a week because of driving him to nursery etc. I'm still trying to take it easy and am avoiding lifting him obviously but would say we are more or less back to normal.

Sally
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by tuttifruitibeck 28th October 2009, 7:09 pm

great to read the posts as im a single mum of a two yrold and a four yr old ill have pure rest for the first two days as they are with there dad and then im on my own really worried about it im just going to have to be really carefull op on friday heeeeeellllllllllpppppppp
tuttifruitibeck
tuttifruitibeck
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 353

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 28th October 2009, 8:11 pm

Recovery with young children to look after? 855564 Hi and welcome.

You managed to find this old post, I can remember writing it but it seems like a lifetime ago now!

Are you having unders or overs?

I'm having a lot of help for two weeks as I had partial unders and my youngest is 10 months old so still needs lots of lifting. I think I'd have been ok with the older two but still need to rest.

Hope it all goes well, would love to hear how you get on, x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tuttifruitibeck 28th October 2009, 8:56 pm

hi im having unders i will have people coming and going prob to help for a few hours but as i said i livr on my own im going to take my uoungest side off his cott so he could climb into bed and just try and thimk ahead. are unders garanteed to be reaaly painfull
tuttifruitibeck
tuttifruitibeck
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 353

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 28th October 2009, 8:59 pm

i had partcial unders and not painful, just sore xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 29th October 2009, 7:41 am

I've had a lot of pain in one of my incision sites but if I hadn't have had that then I think I would have been saying how easy it's been.

The general feeling I have had is one of engorgement like when your milk comes in on day 3 after having a baby, they just feel big, swollen and hard. I've also had limited range of movement in my arms but this has improved every day.

You will need to take the cot the side off, do you still use a buggy for your youngest? if so then try to use a lightweight stroller one (I have a three wheeler as well as a stroller but the three wheeler is defo too big and heavy for me to use at the moment. Is your eldest at school yet? If so then maybe ask a friend to take them to school for a few days just to give you a bit of rest.

Hope all goes well, x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down