Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery when you have young children

+6
Peachy34
sars3dd
kittie
deflated
tinks76
Lexi27
10 posters

Go down

Surgery when you have young children Empty Surgery when you have young children

Post by Lexi27 23rd September 2010, 9:13 pm

Hello girls. Just wondering if any of you felt the way I do before you had your surgery.

I am 100% sure that I am going ahead with uplift and implants, probably Jan next year. I am so unhappy with the way I look and spend half my life thinking how disgusting my top half looks naked. It is something I have to do for me but the guilt I am feeling on my girls is awful. I have two beautiful girls, one just turned 1 and the other 3 years. All I keep thinking about is not waking up from the op and leaving them and my husband behind with no mother! I know everyone is scared of surgery and I have to say I am petrified, but I am too unhappy not to go ahead with this. My dad in particular is not happy with me having the op which doesn't help and I just feel so guilty. Am I being selfish? I know a lot of you had your ops due to changes in your boobs through pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight gain/loss etc and I just want to know that you all had the same fears and that I am not being ridiculous in my thoughts!! xxxx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Surgery when you have young children Empty Re: Surgery when you have young children

Post by tinks76 23rd September 2010, 9:18 pm

Awwww hun the way your feeling is normal...... I dont have kids but im still panicing about not waking up and the hurting the people i love ...... just try and remember how happy your going to be be when you come round from your op and see your ammazing new boobie xxxxx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Surgery when you have young children Empty Re: Surgery when you have young children

Post by deflated 23rd September 2010, 9:31 pm

hi lexi27 your are far from being alone in this situation i too have two girls 5 and 1o months and a loving husband, and panic so much too about not waking up after surgery. but the way i see it i too am so unhappy with the way i look it makes me misrable day in and out i lack confidence and know this is down to my lack of boobies.i have my first consultation tomo and trying to convince myself to go as i just in too minds. my husband is been suppportive my mam is not happy but knows how i feel so is trying to understand me.i want to change my body for good but i think its harder when there are loved ones to think of even though we torture ourselves daily
deflated
deflated
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 24th September 2010, 5:57 am

Hi lexi. We all have the worry of not waking up and feeling guilty about our loved ones. if this makes you happy then it's a good thing for your family - happy mummy = happy family
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 24th September 2010, 8:52 am

i felt the same. my oldesr just turned 5 yesterday, my muddle daughter is 3 next month and my youngest is 18months.
i felt so guilty for doing this, i even nearly cancelled for fear of leaving them just cause i didnt like how i looked but i also knew i was miserable living in my body.

when i woke up i didnt care about the boobs at all. i was just glad i was awake and could see my girls again. the recovery was hell for mectge first week cause i had a chest infection to. my husband was fab the two weeks he was off, but pushing a buggy and lifting a 1yr old after two weeks is hard going.

if i could have waited until my youngest was a bit older i would have. i dont regret it now but it is hard going am just exhausted all the time.

you have said you wanted this so much, so go for it, enjoy the experience and love your knew body. you will be fine and will wake up nd as long as you gave help after surgery all wil be fine x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 24th September 2010, 12:25 pm

Hi I went through exactly what you are feeling and it is perfectly natural. I felt selfish as I have 3 children who were 5, 4 and 7 months and the night before I went into hospital I wrote them all a letter and made them a video on my phone incase I didn't wake up.

When we got to the hospital I told my OH what I'd done so he could find the stuff if I didn't wake up. He started panicking then and even said stuff the money if I didn't want to go through with it we could walk out the door there and then if I wanted. I knew it was nerves so I decided to go through with it I had 3 general anaesthetics before and always woke up so god knows how nervous I would have been if I had never had one.

I'm so pleased I did go through with it because next year when we go on the beach or swimming I won't be feeling all self conscious and down I will be happy and focused on havig a good time with my kids. xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 24th September 2010, 2:59 pm

You are most certainly not alone. I had my first BA at 18 and at the time I had no children, I was a little scared about the GA but all in all I was just excited and all I could think about was my *new* boobs!! Now I have a 2 year old and a 8 month old I am scared :pale: BUT I keep telling myself I have done this before and everything was fine. Big {{hugs}} to you!! x x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 24th September 2010, 6:21 pm

I was scared too, I have 3 young children, but General aneasthetic is so safe really, it would make the papers if someone actually died having cosmetic surgery wouldn't it and I don't think I've ever heard of it happen.
It'll be alright xxx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 24th September 2010, 8:11 pm

ah girls you don't know how much you've put my mind at ease, and I am so grateful for you taking the time to post on this. It is so good knowing I'm not alone at how I'm feeling about the whole thing and knowing a lot of you have been there, got the tshirt and come out the other side being sooooo happy!!! Like I said I am too unhappy not to do it but the guilt and thought of kissing my girls goodbye before I go for the op is pullling at my heartstrings so much, they are my life!

We have a family hol booked for next April and the thought of walking around and playing with the girls with confidence is just so exciting for me, instead of the usual quickly throwing on a vest top when I get off my sunlounger before any sees me routine! Just need to decide on who I'm going to go with now! Exciting times!!! Yippee!! xx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 24th September 2010, 11:45 pm

My ba and uplift is in 11 days and I have 2 lil ones 4yrs and 18mo... I also have no family here (other than my hubby) And all though I really really want my new boobies and I wont back out I am definately more scared than excited at this moment... I try not to think about it because if I let my mind wander I start to panic. But I try to think reasonably and think about how many women have this done everyday with out complications and try to think about how many people are having ops each day... thousands and thousands... there really is only minimal risk. We take a greater risk getting in our car going for a drive.
It does however feel crazy to take even this minimal risk for "boobs" when we have young children,... but I will share with you what my mom said to me the other day she said "your mental health is just as important as your physical health and feeling good about yourself and taking pride in yourself is extremely important" hearing this from my mom made me feel better.
So dont worry we are all feeling like you... good luck with your decisions. xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 25th September 2010, 12:30 pm

Arr Hun i totally know what you mean as i felt the very same when I booked mine in & at one point nearly cancled mine! I have 4 children one was 1 & a half , 99 & 6 years old & i felt so guilty just because i was scared i wouldnt wake up fro the G.A............BUT with all the support from the girls on here & my husband I had my op it was the bes thing i have ever done for myself. I think beiing a mum its only natural to worry about theys thing even thou its so rare.........I held it together really well then once in theater & i was on the bed I burst into tear & said just make sure i wake up as i have children i need to be alive for & bless them they were fantastic & really looked after me & the Anistetic person camed me down & told me i would be fine........................then i woke up in my room wandering what the hell was going on lol.

I kept thinking it over & know that deepdown if my kids new howmuch it made me unhappy & how much i wanted to feel good they would tell me to go for it.

You will be fine sweetie & its sooo normal to worry about it even girls with no children to think about worry about not waking up.

x

Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down