Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to tell young children?

+4
Lolo85
tinkerbell24
LuciaH
MissyM
8 posters

Go down

What to tell young children? Empty What to tell young children?

Post by MissyM 22nd April 2014, 11:42 am

Hello ladies,

My ba is now 1 month away (woohoo!!) and I'm contemplating how I'm going to explain it my children. I have a 3yo girl and a 6 yo boy. I have never been one to hide my body in my own house so they often see me getting dressed or having a shower etc (Ella usually brings her toys into the bathroom and carries on playing in there lol - no peace!).

If they were a bit older I think it would be easier to explain the emotion behind it but they're only little and just won't understand that stuff. I also want to be careful not to give my little girl a poor outlook on body confidence. 

What did you tell your kids when they were this little??\

thanks x
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

What to tell young children? Empty Re: What to tell young children?

Post by LuciaH 22nd April 2014, 12:27 pm

Hi hun, I can't remember the last time I managed to have a shower in peace without my 3 year old coming in for a chat!

I have 2 girls who are 11 and 3. I told my 11 year old everything, she understood already why I was having it done and she was so supportive of me and she has been fabulous about it afterwards too.  My 3 year old I did not say anything too about it really. When I went to hospital I told her I was going into hospital for the night and she did not ask why. When I came home I told her I could not pick her up for a while as I had a poorly and she never questioned it.  The first time she saw my dressings under my boobs and she asked why did I have plasters on my boobs, i told her that I had poorly boobs and that I have to take things easy for a while and she was fine with that.

Tell them as much or as little as you feel they need to know, with them being quite young still I don't think you need to go into detail what you are having done, but do what you feel is right for your kids. xx
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1418

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 22nd April 2014, 12:51 pm

ive got 2 they are 9 and 3 now and have told them nothing I saod t the time that I had problems under my arm and that after an op id be poorly

I did try on a bikini after my first ba and my eldest said oh wow mummy can you buy bikinis with boobs in them!! I was like no no mne just grew lol

if they ask when they are older i will be honest to th point that I had complications and reops too xxx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyM 22nd April 2014, 1:08 pm

I was thinking of just saying my boobs were poorly but wasn't sure how to address the fact that they will be noticeably bigger. I know at least my girl will ask, she's way too nosy not to notice lol I get asked some pretty strange questions!

Buying bikinis with boobs in them - that made me laugh x

I hadn't thought of telling her they just grew. Nice and simple and not something that doesn't happen naturally at some point in her future.

Think I'll say I'm going to hospital cuz my boobs are poorly and therefore I need to take it easy and when/if she asks why they're bigger I'll just say they grew. I'll keep it at that. 

Thanks Lucia and Tinkerbell xxx
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 22nd April 2014, 4:55 pm

My Bfs little boy is 4 and we just told him I was a bit poorly. He never even noticed even when he came in when I was in the bath with my bandages and bra on. In the past he's told me that my boobs look small. He came to his own conclusion and started telling people I had a sore back x
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 22nd April 2014, 5:10 pm

I told my daughter I had sore boobs, and she was very careful around me. Love her! She has seen me since when getting changed and in the bath and she hasn't batted an eyelid. I am so surprised that she didn't notice as there is a heck of a difference! I am just glad I didn't make a big thing out of explaining it all to her for nothing. X
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 22nd April 2014, 5:19 pm

Hey honey , my boys are 6 months and 5 years. I told the 5 year old I have a poorly chest and he saw me in my binder so he thought that was a bandage, he shrugged it off and hasn't paid much attention since, when he asks me to lift something and I can't I just say mummy's chest is still a bit poorly , he's been fine with it xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyM 22nd April 2014, 5:43 pm

I think I'll definitely not say anything unless they specifically ask, other than to say my chest is poorly. Sure it'll be fine and I'm worrying over nothing x
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 22nd April 2014, 9:11 pm

My 4 year old god daughter asked me the other day if the doctor gave me boobies and did he stick them on lol, even funnier was when she asked me to take them off  Hysterical  Hysterical
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Logansrunner 23rd April 2014, 8:14 am

I have a 3 year old and I said I had poorly arms as I couldn't lift him. I didn't want him blurting out at nursery I had sore boobies lol. I have only told close family and a couple of good friends though. He has just adapted really well and we've found our own way round things like cuddles etc and he's really careful.
Logansrunner
Logansrunner
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down