Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

young children

+6
jenniferrf1
CAB321
mrsball
Seashell72
COOKIE
Gemma134uk
10 posters

Go down

young children Empty young children

Post by Gemma134uk 20th October 2013, 6:52 pm

hiya did anybody find it hard after a ba with looking after young children iv got 2 a little boy who is  2 and a 6 year old girl and my little boy is a mommy's boy. How long can u not pick them up for xx
Gemma134uk
Gemma134uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

young children Empty Re: young children

Post by COOKIE 20th October 2013, 6:57 pm

Its going to be two weeks before you'll be able to lift your little boy hun and ONLY if its necessary. A two year old is very heavy, so unless there's actual need to lift him ie, popping him into the car, then I personally wouldn't hun.

From day one you can have skin to skin contact though. There's no need whatsoever for you not to have him near you. You can pop a pillow in front of your boob and they can cuddle in for a sleep or just a mummy hug, they can take a nap in your bed with you, as long as there is someone there also in the first 2 weeks to watch over him because you WILL get very tired, you can play on the floor with them... There's nothing really you won't be able to do aside from lifting.

So no lifting for 2 weeks and with a 2 year old it would be wise to lift when necessary only hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 20th October 2013, 7:32 pm

I am 10 weeks post op now. I have 3 children, 6, 4 and 2. 
I had my sister come and stay with e for the first 10 days and I have to say I would not have coped without her. 

As cookie says, you get really tired in the early days. I also used a pillow between me and my wee ones at cuddle time so they could have a good hug without putting pressure on my chest. 

When my sister went home, my 6 year old son bless him helped me with my youngest in and out of the high chair, pushchair etc. He was great and relished the responsibility!! 

When my little one woke from a nap and the others were at school, I would sit her on my lap and shuffle down the stairs on my bum so she was happy and I wasn't put under any strain by lifting her.

I think it was about 3 weeks before I felt happy lifting her. It's amazing what ingenious ways you can come up to get them in cars, cots and baths when you need to! 

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemma134uk 20th October 2013, 7:44 pm

thanks for the advice girls has long has they can have plenty of hugs they should be fine my other half will just after help out at bath time and stuff and thats a good idea about shuffling down the stairs lol cause lil man likes me to carry him down of a morning my little girl will probly be a great help with her brother if daddy is not home she likes to play mommy xx
Gemma134uk
Gemma134uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 20th October 2013, 7:51 pm

My 21 month old daughter was around 9 months old when I had my 3rd ba. I also have a 7 and 10year old. 

It's all in the technique of how you hold them also close to your body and use your core and arms rather than chest muscles. 
Sitting on the floor or sofa then have them come to you for cuddles is best. And the elder siblings love to help with baby! I know mine did yes  X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 21st October 2013, 1:55 pm

MrsBall, that's what I did in the end.

I didn't let the kids near me for a week, I was too scared of them bumping into me.
At around 8-9 days I did lift my youngest, he's 1, but I got down to his level and held him really close to me to pick him up. I'm still not happy about lifting him out of the bath, so hubby's been doing that since the op.

As for the 3 year old, well he's a right lump so I've not even entertained the idea of picking him up!!

It's amazing how much you use your chest muscles day to day without realising. I drove the car on Saturday for the first time and struggled to get it into 5th and 6th gear! Going to be fun driving to work tomorrow!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st October 2013, 2:21 pm

I'm 6 weeks and can now pick up my little cousin however I can't hold him against my chest at all... It's easier with my shih tzu because I can just hold him low but my cousins arms were flying around and it hurts to be hit in the side boob lol!
The girls here have given you great advice though... I like mrsballs idea about sitting on the floor with them cc
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly Hobnob 21st October 2013, 2:29 pm

This was my biggest concern as well before my surgery. My son was 17 months and a big heavy boy, my partner took ten days off to help so didn't lift him at all during this time. I spent lots of time on the floor with him at his level to give cuddles etc and by 2weeks I had mastered getting down really low and scooping him onto my hip to stand. I found if you support the weight on your hip but hold them super close I could carry him ok. Couldn't physically lift him out of the cot for about 3-4 weeks though and 10 weeks on I still get the odd twinge from picking him up. xxx
Holly Hobnob
Holly Hobnob
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 3:05 pm

I've worried about this too, I have a 9 month old and a 3 and a half year old and I have help for nearly 3 weeks... I can get my friends to help too if I need it. I think I'm going to get cushions to do cuddles 

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly Hobnob 21st October 2013, 3:10 pm

It's amazing how quickly you learn to adapt though, I was so worried as my children are my world but honestly I don't really think they noticed any difference to the normal routine! x
Holly Hobnob
Holly Hobnob
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 21st October 2013, 3:16 pm

I don't think mine noticed much difference. It has probably done my youngest some good to be honest as he is such a Mummy's boy, he's had to get used to spending more time with Daddy!!
Lias, you'll be absolutely fine!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 3:17 pm

Thanks cab x
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemissnewboobs00 21st October 2013, 7:42 pm

I'm super worried about this too as I have a 12kg 11 month old boy (as well as a 3.5 year old but she doesn't need lifting)... My husband will be off work for 8 days and then I have a few friends who'll pop in on and off but not 100% cover for bed time etc.... So ill have to lift my son in and out of cot / up and down stairs etc. I'm having under the muscle implants too (on 30th oct) so am really worried - but it's so difficult as I really don't want lots of people knowing so can't therefore ask them to help....! Agghrrr! Really hope ill be ok as I've read some people are fine after a week or so....?!
littlemissnewboobs00
littlemissnewboobs00
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st October 2013, 7:55 pm

You really need to think this through littlemissnewboobs.

There's no way you're going to be able to be carrying an 11 month old baby up and down stairs and in out of a cot at 8 days post-op... Sure the initial thought is that you could put back your recovery or possibly put yourself back in theatre for lifting the baby so soon after surgery, not forgetting that you may also void your aftercare for not following instruction from your surgeon which is generally a 2 week wait before lifing babies, but the worst scenario is that you might drop the baby hun because your arms just won't be strong enough or you may pull something inside and trust me, the pain of hurting your boob after a BA is awful! If that pain caused you to drop your baby, well, its just not worth thinking about is it hun.

If you simply can't arrange any help with childcare for week two then it would probably be best to make the baby a bad on the floor or the sofa for the week babe and then your husband can then pop the baby to bed when he got home and take the baby out of the cot for you and shown stairs to you in the morning before he goes off to work.

I know that might sound harsh babe, but its real and your baby I'm sure you'll agree must come first and they just won't be safe in your arms to be lifted so soon post-op.

As I said, worst scenario you'll have to make it work by you and your husband working together to get around this to ensure you don't have to lift but its very important you prepare for this now lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amyblue500 21st October 2013, 8:36 pm

I have a 2 year old and i admit i have done far too much with him. It doesn't help he is the size of a 4 year old ( both very tall parents and we wonder why we have a giant on our hands ha)
My recovery has been fairly slow and on reflection picking up a toddler in the midst of toddler meltdown has not helped in the slightest. I am still sore now 2.5 weeks post op. CAB mine is a mummy's boy too who is much improved since daddy has had to do bathtime etc!
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 21st October 2013, 8:43 pm

Thanks for sharing that amyblue. My daughter will go to anyone she really doesn't care and my son loves it when daddy is around as hubby plays with him constantly and let's him get away with everything. I read bedtime stories though as hubby has a touch of dyslexia so finds it hard to read aloud so I'm trying to figure out logistically how to do this post op without him climbing over me!

I will make sure I don't lift either of them to try and recover quicker as I'm having an uplift too xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemissnewboobs00 22nd October 2013, 9:54 am

Don't worry cookie, I have thought it through ;-) I have a friend nearby whom I am planning to see tomorrow and ill ask if she can assist on my one problematic day (day 8 post op).... Just means telling yet another person. But naturally there's no way id ever endanger my children for the sake of "not telling people"...! I have neighbours etc i can call upon if really needed too. Sadly my husband works unpredictable shifts so its not quite as easy to work out help / cover etc. once I have day 8 sorted I'm pretty much covered for help at home for two weeks post op. my parents would never see me struggle either.... I
littlemissnewboobs00
littlemissnewboobs00
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2013, 11:01 am

I didn't think you would for a moment hun Hug 

I hope you understand I was only outlining the risks so you would be prepared, not suggesting for a single moment you would ever put your child at risk nope 

I'm glad you've got things sorted babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down