Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have a young child and had unders?

+6
zebra1984
icecream
Kxx
jakki32
5stonedown
queenyk
10 posters

Go down

Anyone have a young child and had unders? Empty Anyone have a young child and had unders?

Post by queenyk 10th October 2012, 10:08 pm

My daughter is 9 months old and I'm having 410 partial unders next week. My other half is a teacher which is why I'm havng it done next Friday because he breaks up for half term week then and will be home to look after me and baby. After that, I'll be relying on friends and family to pop round and help.

Just after some experiences of ladies that were in a similar situation. How long do i have to wait until I can pick her up? I think I'm gonna find it really hard not being able to pick her up when she's crying or even pick her up to feed her or put her down for a nap. I dont plan on moving very much during the first week to try and heal as much as possible but I dont want to over do it after that. I know its probably harder with unders aswell because the muscles are a lot weaker xxx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a young child and had unders? Empty Re: Anyone have a young child and had unders?

Post by 5stonedown 10th October 2012, 10:11 pm

I had overs so I cant really help with that but I must admit I'm 3 weeks post op and I wouldnt want to be lifting a 9 month old at this stage in my recovery. I really feel the strain if I try and pick up anything heavier than a 2l bottle of pop!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a young child and had unders? Empty Re: Anyone have a young child and had unders?

Post by queenyk 10th October 2012, 10:18 pm

Oh gosh, really! I might have to draft in more help! Did you advise you on how long to wait? Or do you just have to play it by ear? x
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th October 2012, 10:25 pm

I have struggled to lift a kettle today but I am
Only a few days post op, couldn't even get the lid off a tub of utterly butterly!! Had partial unders, my main sore points are arms and the upper rib cage. But the pain isn't that bad, it's like a lack of power in my arms and achey.
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 10th October 2012, 10:27 pm

Just have to listen to your body, make sure you have loads of help!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 10th October 2012, 10:37 pm

I'm thinking if all else fails I might have to consider moving back home for a week if I cant rally together somebody to come round every day. My best friend is also on maternity leave and said she's willing to come orund everyday and pretty much set up camp in my house so hopefully she'll be able to be here alot during the day while other halfs at work xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th October 2012, 10:51 pm

I am at my parents as was round just up the road from the hospital ( Riverside) , my Mum and Dad are at mine with the kids. Had a house swop for a few days. My Dad doesn't know what I have had done , he's just followed my mum !!! Back home tomorrow, but my kids are 9 and 13 so it just gave me a rest and they had time with the grandchildren . My husband is off until Saturday to take kids to school etc . I feel great but I still have to pace myself and not do too much, it is doing my head in laying about a bit
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by Kxx 11th October 2012, 6:13 am

I had 460 unders on 6th sept babe!! :)

My husband had a week and a half off with me and i was fine xxx

I wasnt in any pain apart from that the first bra i had one rubbed me badly as i had bought a bigger band size and shouldnt have.

My kids are 10 months old and 3 and my youngest is a massive boy who's not walking and in size 12-18 month clothes lol

I avoided carrying him as long as poss bt eventually you have to get back to mummy duties and i was ok :)

Any other under related questions hunni just ask xxxx
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by icecream 11th October 2012, 8:35 am

I had unders as well and have a 1 yr old boy. I'm 11 weeks post-op today and I've only recently started to be able to fully carry him. Couple weeks ago I could carry him for shorter periods, but I was still achey and didn't want to risk something happening to my boobydoos.

It really depends how you're feeling hun. xx
icecream
icecream
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 11th October 2012, 8:52 am

I had partial unders...no children though but couldn't lift a kettle for a week! I have started hoovering gently now and cooking in the second week etc so lifting up pots and pans and it feels OK but I have a feeling I have been doing too much too soon :/ Just listen to your body and take it easy! x
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 11th October 2012, 8:55 am

I have an 8 month old and Last time i could carry her about a week post op not for long periods but at least getting her in and out of cot etc. This time it was about day 4 but I'm recovering quicker this time though again not over doing it.
You should be fine on your own after a week. Advice wa to hold them close to you so not straining your chest :) x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 11th October 2012, 8:55 am

And I had unders x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 11th October 2012, 10:50 am

I had overs so couldn't really answer you there, but I had mine 2 weeks ago and still wouldn't be able to lift my nephew who is 2 or my friends baby who is 9 months. My partners sister had unders and she couldn't lift her baby, 1 year old, for about a month. When she started to lift him it was a little bit at a time but couldn't carry him for long. She found lifting him from the ground the hardest.x
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post by Meemoo 11th October 2012, 11:13 am

Hi

congratulations on your pending BA Anyone have a young child and had unders? 184153

I had full unders 4 months ago (I am just this second back from my check up with my PS).

I was an empty 34B and had 410cc anatomicals. My recovery was very very painful (sorry but it's the truth) - but we are all different and heal at different rates so please don't worry about my recovery! I did ask my PS today why it was so bad and he said it was because 410 implants are large and the muscle really had a lot of stretching to do).

I also had a 9month baby and a 8 year old son - I also live on my own. My childrens father came and stayed for a week and during that time I couldn't even get myself out of bed! after the first week the pain got much much better, it was just tricky to do anything.

It took almost 3 weeks until I could lift her, although in a perfect world I would have not done this until 6 weeks, but as mums we have to do our best.

I made a bed for her on the floor so that I didn't need to lift her in and out of the cot, I also fed her on the lounge floor (like a picnic) so that I didn't have to lift her in and out the high chair which is difficult. Just remember that when you do go to lift to hold her as close to your body as possible (the further out your arms reach the more strain on your chest muscles). Make sure you always bend your knees too.

Before your BA try and get everything you may need for the next few weeks at a reachable level (take things off shelves if necessary).

Try and get as much help for as long as possible - and remember that I had a difficult recovery and it was still doable Anyone have a young child and had unders? 1978086825

On a positive note, there was a lady having the same size implants as me (and unders) at the same time and her recover was a breeze - I am sure yours will be too.

And - the first few weeks have def been worth it, it's the BEST thing I have ever done x
Meemoo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 11th October 2012, 12:25 pm

I'm having my BR on Monday, and I know its a more extensive surgery, but Ive organised for childcare for my 2yo for two weeks at least. I didnt want him to feel like was ignoring him or couldnt play with him properly, so I just decided to be sad and let him be happy! He will be going to his regular childminder and hopefully wont think twice about not seeing me much. Last thing I wanted was for him to feel ignored and me to end up doing too much. 9 month olds need a LOT of carrying about and running after... I would def think about at least PLANNING help for the second week, and then u can always cancel or cut back if u are feeling well.

Good luck-how exciting!

Liz xx
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 11th October 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanx for sharing your experiences girls. They've been a big eye opener and a great help especially the little tips on how to lift her once i feel up to it.

Im going to definitely arrange help for the second week then see how i feel at the end of week 2 and go from there.

8 more sleeps!! Xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down