Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age?

+7
Soosie73
COOKIE
tinkerbell24
Charlii
mirren001
krizzooo1
ambzdee94
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age? Empty TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age?

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 1:40 pm

I heard the Surgeon say Girls who get Breast surgery at a young age are more likely to be more at risk and more likely to have more surgery to correct complications because they are still developing? he said this is TRUE has anyone heard this before?

Source: Surgeon on Botched up bodies
xxx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age? Empty Re: TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age?

Post by krizzooo1 30th January 2014, 1:50 pm

I think surgery at any age can carry risks to be honest. Obviously the younger we have surgery...yes we have to expect to have to have further surgery in later life.
Nothing lasts a lifetime.
I expect you have seen a lady here recently booked in to have replacements 22 years later!!! So we will have a good chance at getting some fair mileage out of new boobies hun .

:ok:
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age? Empty Re: TRUE OR FALSE surgery at young age?

Post by mirren001 30th January 2014, 2:07 pm

Hi,
I don't think he meant you are necessary at more risk the younger you have the op, think it's more in that if your body hasn't fully developed and have the op ,then your body changes  the results are less predictable.
If a late developer it maybe advised to wait a little incase you may infact like the changes and decide you are happy as you are and don't want the op any more.
The younger you have the op the more chances are that they will need changed more in your lifetime to perhaps that of an older person, but it's not an exact science , everyone's different and how one persons body reacts to implants over time will be different to another's regardless of age. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 2:30 pm

krizzooo1 wrote:I think surgery at any age can carry risks to be honest. Obviously the younger we have surgery...yes we have to expect to have to have further surgery in later life.
Nothing lasts a lifetime.
I expect you have seen a lady here recently booked in to have replacements 22 years later!!! So we will have a good chance at getting some fair mileage out of new boobies hun .

:ok:

I know surgery can carry risks, but its the way he said it on the programme , i was like  shrug 
Oh yeah i hope mine last 22 years, yep im tottaly up for and know i will need future ops when im older, and i am more than happy with that.

xx

mirren001 wrote:Hi,
I don't think he meant you are necessary at more risk the younger you have the op, think it's more in that if your body hasn't fully developed and have the op ,then your body changes  the results are less predictable.
If a late developer it maybe advised to wait a little incase you may infact like the changes and decide you are happy as you are and don't want the op any more.
The younger you have the op the more chances are that they will need changed more in your lifetime to perhaps that of an older person, but it's not an exact science , everyone's different and how one persons body reacts to implants over time will be different to another's regardless of age. XXX

OK great advice Mirren, ill be 20 Years old by time i have my Op , my birthday is in May..
i cant be still developing surely, my boobs haven't changed in years, still the same old pancakes.

xx
xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th January 2014, 2:36 pm

Friend of a friends story - Girl didn't develop, got a BA at 19, had a massive boob spurt at 23. They just got bigger and bigger. So in that sense, yes. But you cant predict that. As long as you're fit and healthy and sound of mind, then there no issue.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 2:44 pm

Oh i see, Thanks Charlii
x
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th January 2014, 3:37 pm

bring on a boob growth spurt for me please  Hysterical im so up for that hahahah

but I think that I get what the surgeon is saying I suppose at a younger age you could still develope?

xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th January 2014, 3:39 pm

Charlii wrote: But you cant predict that..

A good surgeon CAN predict this  yes 

This happened to my own daughter who wanted a BA. She was 18 going on 19 and wanted a BA because being a ballet dancer from the age of 3 her body was lean and athletic and she had no boobs and was very conscious of that.

She took herself to see a surgeon through MYA who was happy to operate and she would have had the surgery just two weeks later.

I took her to see a very reputable surgeon who refused surgery. He said her body was still developing and he simply wouldn't operate knowing she may regret it after her body matured and asked her to wait two years and then if she still wanted a BA he would be happy to operate.

She took the advise of the surgeon I took her to and waited.... Just as he predicted her body did mature and she does now have boobs. She doesn't have 'big' boobs, but she has boobs that look good on 'her' body and for 'her' this was absolutely the right right decision.

So in answer to your question, yes, its possible it may result in further surgery along the line, but... If you have a 'good reputable' surgeon who's opinion you trust and are prepared for possible further surgery as is the case for ALL of us no matter age, then that's all you need to know hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th January 2014, 3:43 pm

funny you say this i first seen a surgeon when I had just turned 18 and he told me to wait and go back when I was 25? xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 30th January 2014, 3:47 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:bring on a boob growth spurt for me please  Hysterical im so up for that hahahah

Hahaaaaaaaaaa you made me laugh a lot! ... I think I got to a point of being too late for any spurts! LOL  Hysterical  wishful thinking did NOT work ! DOH!
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th January 2014, 3:50 pm

haha I tried everything that was out there that they said would give you boobs

even the perfect c capsules

nothing worked nothing!!! its the only part of the body that normally with excercise dont grow lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 4:18 pm

I think im gonnah ask my surgeon about see what he thinks about it, the only reason why i think im not gonnah spurt, its cos when i put on weight non go to my boobs and they have always been the same size :/ xxx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th January 2014, 4:29 pm

Many women are like that Amb. But if you're overly concerned then its ALWAYS best to speak with your surgeon if only to get that reassurance before the big day. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 4:40 pm

I was gonnah email him but he ain't seen my boobies yet so he wouldn't really know would he?

Xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th January 2014, 4:42 pm

If he hasn't yet examined you babe then he'll know nothing of your surgery plan or anything yet babe, so he won't be able to offer you any information until that's done. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 9:10 pm

im gonnah book my consultation next week :)
xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 30th January 2014, 9:18 pm

Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  good luck 
EXCITING x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 30th January 2014, 10:56 pm

My clinic wouldn't operate in anyone under the age of 22 .
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 30th January 2014, 11:00 pm

Who was your surgery/clinic  Hun? 
X
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 30th January 2014, 11:17 pm

Hiya, Ambz  wavey I'm 19 too and so far, no one (people on here or surgeon) have mentioned my age as being a negative. The only thing I've heard about being young is from a Mybreast patient coordinator who said I'd recover better still being a teenager (although I think she was just trying to sell me the surgery in any way she could ;)). I assume that cosmetic surgeons as a rule take 18 years to be the age where the person is legally an adult who can make their own choices... I expect the only exception of this would be if the person clearly hasn't reached full development. 
All that aside I'm glad to know someone else on this site who's about my age :) I've told a few friends about my booked survey and none of them (asides my best friend) have been particularly understanding!! xxx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 31st January 2014, 8:57 am

Tilliex wrote:Hiya, Ambz  wavey I'm 19 too and so far, no one (people on here or surgeon) have mentioned my age as being a negative. The only thing I've heard about being young is from a Mybreast patient coordinator who said I'd recover better still being a teenager (although I think she was just trying to sell me the surgery in any way she could ;)). I assume that cosmetic surgeons as a rule take 18 years to be the age where the person is legally an adult who can make their own choices... I expect the only exception of this would be if the person clearly hasn't reached full development. 
All that aside I'm glad to know someone else on this site who's about my age :) I've told a few friends about my booked survey and none of them (asides my best friend) have been particularly understanding!! xxx

Hi Tillie,

Woo 19 buddies!!! IM 20 in May, ill be 20 when i get my OP soo..
Yeah she probably was just trying to sell you the surgery, ive went of PCC's altogether they dont have clue!!! Well all my family know, my best friend who lives next door knows and shes just keep putting me off (because shes the one with the big boobs) She says to me '' get them theyll make you happy youve always wanted them, but then say BUT am just gonnah tell ya that YOULL HATE them when you have them, I cant run up/down the stairs with out them hurting and youll get bad backs''.. just constantly gets her digs in to maybe try and persuade me not to-get them.. PLUS she has big boobs now and doesn't even wear the right bras , she like an E!!

Keep in touch with me Hun, ill like to hear from you with being the same age.

xxx

xxxxx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sammi* 31st January 2014, 10:42 am

I'm 20 and I stopped developing when I was about 16/18 so I think I'm safe, haha. x
*Sammi*
*Sammi*
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 31st January 2014, 10:46 am

aaw you girls are so young! You lucky things! Enjoy it!  yes x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 31st January 2014, 10:48 am

*Sammi* wrote:I'm 20 and I stopped developing when I was about 16/18 so I think I'm safe, haha. x

Yeah same , ive been the same size i could remember , i used to be a 32AA but i grew a little bit and have always been a 34A since then.
xx
krizzooo1 wrote:aaw you girls are so young! You lucky things! Enjoy it!  yes x

I intend too, cant wait eeek!
xxx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sammi* 31st January 2014, 11:11 am

I can't wait till they start dropping!! I would do the op again and again. x I'm so happy with them x

My boobs stopped at 32DD/D and they are tuberous, but now I don't know if they are tuberous or not, they're so round now compared to before, haha. :D
*Sammi*
*Sammi*
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next