Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights...

+5
Charlii
anneritchley
CartoonUnicorn
chrystal867
Lucy106
9 posters

Go down

Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights... Empty Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights...

Post by Lucy106 19th October 2015, 7:20 am

Hello ladies,

I've never been big into fitness until the start of this year. I had suffered a bout of feeling low after my brother died and getting into the gym and running has made me so much better - it's also great stress relief. I do a hiit class, a body blitz class, a pump and tone (with weights class), Pilates and I also run 5k every weekend. I'm a tiny bit obsessed! I don't do it to look good (I am naturally skinny) - I do it as it keeps my mind healthy!

Now I totally appreciate that I'm going to have to give this up but I want a realistic idea from you guys as to how long for. Surgeon says 6 weeks but I'm having unders and after reading posts from you guys, some of you have pain after 4 months! I'm a bit worried!! I know I'll have to start back gradually but when is it realistic to start lifting weights again? Or is it possible I might never be able to again? I want to look after my implants as the nurse says if the implants aren't happy in there / have too much trauma then there is a higher chance of CC.

I just wondered if there were any others out there that were big into keeping fit and how long it took to ease yourself back into it?

Nothing will stop me getting my BA - I just want to manage my expectations! Will I feasibly be back to doing all I do above after 6 months (after gradually building back up post BA) or am I being unrealistic? Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights... Empty Re: Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights...

Post by chrystal867 19th October 2015, 7:49 am

I am unsure I think it's when you feel ready and slowly into it 
Defo not for first 6 weeks then maybe slowly doing a little extra
It'll be the last thing on your mind first few days I know it has been from mine 
I've decided to start my exercising back up properly in January and till then just take it easy
Just to add I don't do no where near as much as you ....wish I had the motivation to xxx
chrystal867
chrystal867
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights... Empty Re: Managing expectation - hiit classes and weights...

Post by CartoonUnicorn 19th October 2015, 7:50 am

I'm sorry I can't help with answering your question, but I just wanted to say I really admire you for doing all the fitness stuff! It's great that you have found something that keeps you feeling positive, I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.
As for the question, the answers here are almost certainly going to be widely varied. It's going to be entirely down to how your body copes with the op and the implants. With your level of fitness already in place I would guess you have the best chance of a fantastic and fast recovery. I also reckon most women who used this forum prior to implants, then had a quick recovery and went back to 'normal' activities don't come back to post here much! I know there are several that do though. Personally I'm not expecting to go back to exercise other than walking for about 3 months.
CartoonUnicorn
CartoonUnicorn
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 19th October 2015, 8:19 am

Hi you would need to get the all clear from the surgeon. But even then you may not feel ready. The thing to do is work yourself back in gently. Don't over do it, and a very good sports bra to support you. I went back into my mountain biking at about 14 weeks. That's quiet extreame riding down mountains jumps etc. I never got the all clear until 12 weeks, but every surgeon is different xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 19th October 2015, 8:43 am

As above, the first hurdle is your surgeons all clear. This could be anywhere from 6-12wks. But just because you're allowed doesn't mean you can! I was told I could run again at 6wk, but my body was no where near ready until 12. You have to ease yourself back in gently, test the waters, and see what you body can handle. And get the best possible sports bra!! My fave is the Panache underwired for running 5k.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by bevos0706 19th October 2015, 11:41 am

Im wondering the same too. Ive worked so hard to loose my baby weight that has accumulated with 4 children. My friend recently had her Ba and has lost all her upper body strength and has gone from doing 20 press ups to 1 at a push! I think it'll be a case of slowly does it!
bevos0706
bevos0706
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 19th October 2015, 1:42 pm

Everyone is different and everybody's bodys are different, like the other ladies said ease yourself back into it after you have seen you PS. My job is quite strenuous and I've just eased back into it. At 1st I was aching so I only done a bit then the next time I done a bit more. Your body will tell you what you can and can't do. X
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 19th October 2015, 1:47 pm

That was good to know, one less thing for me to ask when I've had mine done. X
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 19th October 2015, 4:56 pm

Thankyou everyone! Seems like there are no set rules! It's going to be hard not doing anything for a while but like you all say, sounds like I'll just have to build myself back up gradually over time. I'll have to take up some other little hobby in the meantime! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay1510 19th October 2015, 8:39 pm

Hey lovely, I had unders 13 weeks ago.  I was very sore and stiff and tight for what felt like forever as I had 400cc and was really not a lot of room for them.    I was told I could gently exercise from 6 weeks but not heavy lift from 12 weeks. 

I've just started getting back to classes(pump, combat, Hiit, etc) now and I've just been testing the water to be honest!  Doing what I used to do just taking it easy to see what feels ok and what doesn't. My sister has very same stats to me and she carried a new sofa up a flight of stairs 5 weeks PO! I guess what I'm trying to say is when you've had the all clear. . Only you will know when it feels right and when it doesn't.  Also a good high impact sports bra.  If I tried to run even just through the house now without a good bra it does NOT feel good!  Hope that helps xx
Kay1510
Kay1510
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by bevos0706 20th October 2015, 10:09 am

Thank you Kay! I've never had to worry too much about a sports bra! There's not that much to put in one!
bevos0706
bevos0706
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay1510 20th October 2015, 11:25 am

No worries! Haha I was like that too. Never wore one in my life before now. My boyfriend once bought me a nike sports top with built on support and it said on the label 'high impact' I was like LOL I dont need that!! But now I fully appreciate that function haha x
Kay1510
Kay1510
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 20th October 2015, 12:13 pm

Thanks so much Kay - thats very helpful and its definitely reassuring to know you are getting back into it 12 weeks post op - thats my aim - to slowly start back up gently from 6-8 weeks and then start with weights again after 3/4 months.  I know everyone is different but its good to have a rough aim in mind! You look fab btw.  Can't wait to wear a top like in your avi. xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 20th October 2015, 12:45 pm

Don't trust a Nike impact label! There's no way I could run in their high impact bras still!! You want shock absorbers, panache or triumph triaction for a good quality stable fit. 

The Nike crops are super comfy for bed though!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay1510 20th October 2015, 9:08 pm

You're welcome. Aww thank you lovely! ! I was so excited to buy my first low cut top haha though still feels weird that I can wear them! 

And totally agree with the Nike comment from Charlii! They are good for bed but that's it! I tried that top I was talking about in my last comment just out of interest and it barely covers my nipples
Kay1510
Kay1510
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down