Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights??

+8
katyp
FLOWER11
steph999
Shell025
misf1
roxanne
Kat4
saffronair
12 posters

Go down

Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights?? Empty Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights??

Post by saffronair 4th January 2012, 7:47 pm

Hi all, I am due to have a re op in April - I have overs at the moment. My surgeon did originally suggest under the muscle but when I stated I do weight training and I go to the gym quite often, he seemed to think it would be better to stick with overs - as he and I are both aware unders can cause problems when lifting weights...does anyone have unders here and do weight training? I'm not sure which is the best option! xx
saffronair
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights?? Empty Re: Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights??

Post by Kat4 4th January 2012, 8:10 pm

ummm I spose it depends on what levels of weight training you are into. By the sound of it a lot?

I have partial unders, am 2 and half months post op and just getting back into upper body stuff gently. My PS said it was fine to do after but then I dont do it to build muscle up as such just to keep toned up if I can. Could you have partials rather than full unders? Think that might be better.

Hope that helps. x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights?? Empty Re: Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights??

Post by roxanne 5th January 2012, 9:18 am

I can understand, and have the same dilemma. My PS would prefer partials to cover to top part since I'm thin, even though I'm a 32c I have very little fat, especially in my upper chest area. On the other hand, my muscles are very strong, tight and high, there is a higher chance I might have problems with distortion. I don't want to alter my exercise habits, or compromise my strength either. I used to lift heavier weights, I've toned it down, but still don't want to be limited as I love dips and press-ups and want to keep my options open to do any activity at any desired intensity that I want.

Based on this he'll let me have overs, but they will have to be small implants (210, 240 or 180) because if I go bigger I'll have a much higher chance of visible rippling and seeing the implant outline. I'm fine with that though, because I don't want big implants anyhow :)

Partials can distort too, not just full unders btw. But most women have no problems with unders or partials. It's a tough one when you're muscular, very active and are thin because either placement poses its problems. Personally, I really don't want the risk of implant distortion/animation. I barely have to move to see my pecs move, and they already make my natural breasts move with them Shocked
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 5th January 2012, 10:25 am

I would think having overs would be the best option in these circumstances. I would follow your surgeons advice. Any type of placement under the muscle can distort. There is also the risk of your muscle pushing the implant from under it if you lift a lot of weights. Maybe if you wanted to go bigger with overs you could do so slowly with a few ops over the years.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell025 5th January 2012, 1:20 pm

I was doing to weight training before my ba, nothing too heavy but high reps. I had my ba (unders) in September and although I am back to the gym, I wouldnt work chest. I just dont feel comfortable to do it. I work my arms but am weary even of this. I havent felt pain but something just stops me from even trying. I would recommend overs if your muscles are very tight and toned with unders you may end up smaller than you had hoped. x
Shell025
Shell025
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 5th January 2012, 3:00 pm

I asked my ps the same question... not sue if he took my weight training seriously as im only small but he said that unders will be absolutely fine and wont cause any damage if I train upper body. but that I need to wear a t-shirt because they move about and it looks weird.... Strange advice but i've decided to just trust him as I want my boobs to look the best they possibly can xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 5th January 2012, 10:05 pm

If you're prepared to see and feel your implants move under the muscle and you don't mind that's fine, so long as you're aware of it. Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights?? 48411

Personally feeling and seeing them move with my muscles would freak me out! I'm also scared the same thing would happen when I'm naked and intimate in certain positions Shocked
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saffronair 5th January 2012, 10:53 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm still unsure, but I think I will have another chat with my surgeon. I do train quite often so I was thinking of having overs again, but I'm also concerned that if I lose anymore weight I might get rippling, and I don't want that either :/! Thanks again for the replies all xxxx
saffronair
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 5th January 2012, 11:12 pm

i have full unders and lift and I'm perfectly fine even when I'm with the special boy...my implants don't feel like they move...well by boobs to bounce n jiggle but nothing crazy!!!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 5th January 2012, 11:35 pm

Saffronair, I know what you mean. It's a trade off/compromise either way, and your best bet is to discuss it with your PS. These were my genuine concerns too, and in my specific case the best option is to go with small overs. But as I said this is a compromise that works for me because I wasn't going to go big anyhow.

All in all are you happy with overs at the moment? Does your bodyfat go very low at times, such as fitness/figure competitions, or do you not intend to lose so much fat?
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 6th January 2012, 9:13 am

Hey babe. wavey Partials would be the lesser option I think, as training the muscles will constantly be forcing the implant down and out to the sides creating bottoming out and double bubble. You may end up needing an internal bra which you could get during the revision anyway. Full unders will give you a slight distortion/seperation whist you are actually working out but not force the pockets unlike just a partial. The muscles support the whole implant not just push on the top. Overs may be best for you. Personally I like full unders for the support and coverage. xxx Best of luck! Heart :thumbs:
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 6th January 2012, 10:28 am

I think the best option would be the overs as you may run in to some problems later on if you were to go under. I would definatley have another chat with your ps.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 6th January 2012, 10:51 am

Roxanne i think there's less weight during intimate times on your upper body than a bench press lol, dont think they'll distort then... hope not anyway or i'll not be getting any haha!

I think if your planning on dieting for fitness or figure competitions, or are that serious on weight training overs will be the best option however they may look a bit yuk when at your leanest... you often see fitness models with balls stuck on their chest xxx

My ultimate goal is to look like this... not that it'll ever happen!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shell025 6th January 2012, 1:52 pm

steph thats now my ultimate goal too after looking at that link. you look to be in amazing shape, i have had my second baby 8 months ago, am not looking my best in the tummy area. are you having unders or overs, I had 385cc unders in September x
Shell025
Shell025
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 6th January 2012, 3:16 pm

I was told I can't have unders as my pec muscles are high and quite tight so apparently they would distort unders. I guess everyone's pecs are different as I don't heavily train them I do kettlebells twice a week and bodypump once a week but it seems they are quite developed.

Thanks for that link - I think I have found my new role model!
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 6th January 2012, 3:53 pm

katyp wrote:Partials would be the lesser option I think, as training the muscles will constantly be forcing the implant down and out to the sides creating bottoming out and double bubble.

gulp .... am not liking the sound of this - my PS gave me different advice to this Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights?? 62722
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 6th January 2012, 5:29 pm

Kat - think reassuring thoughts... the surgeon knows best, try not to worry advise often changes from person to person

Shell and Aurora: i know she is my IDOL, shame i cant have a face transplant too haha! and my ribs removed.... lol. Impossible goals are the way forward....

Im having 380cc unders, not been closely inspected and having my nurse app on sunday so will see what she says about weight training too. Shell im sure your baby belly will be back to normal in no time with fab boobs to match!
xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by saffronair 6th January 2012, 6:31 pm

steph999 wrote:
My ultimate goal is to look like this... not that it'll ever happen!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that's pretty close to what I want to get to as well lol x!

I haven't been training for that long, I'm more toned than muscular, but I don't want to stop now as I enjoy it to much! Although I doubt I'll be entering any competitions and don't think my body fat will drop much lower than what it is now...I don't have any noticeable rippling at the moment - Just wait and see what my surgeon says I guess! Thanks the the replies :)! xx

saffronair
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th January 2012, 6:41 pm

She's gorgeous steph999! I tried the fitness competition thing years ago for a short time, it really wasn't for me, hence the short time I did it. I love food way too much, I was the biggest b*tch on the planet when I had to diet, it made me miserable. I remember one the the girls telling me she was sorry I hadn't made it as a finalist, but I was really relieved I hadn't. I just wanted to have a big, full fat and carb salty meal, chocolate and alcohol! Unders Vs Overs - anyone lift weights?? 557141
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 13th January 2012, 7:52 pm

Just to put things into perspective thought I'd point out something in my new avi. I'm not wearing a bra, this top offers very little support, and since my boobs are saggy most of my boobage is in my bottom half when braless. The cleavage you see above my top is mostly my chest muscles. And all I'm doing in this photo is extending my arms to the front of me to take the picture. Plus, I'm not even doing much exercise for my standards at the moment, I've been much more muscular than this in the past, and would like to keep my options open to train as hard I please should I decide to do so again. You can see why someone like me can be concerned with unders, and why I've decided to go with small overs instead.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 13th January 2012, 9:00 pm

Glad you've made a decision huni! Have you booked?
xxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 13th January 2012, 9:14 pm

I can completely see your concerns about unders roxanne. Best to keep your options open when you can.

My inspiration is Zuzana Light, although her implants can look a little too prominant at times - love her workouts!
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 13th January 2012, 9:16 pm

Correction, it's not mostly chest muscles above my top in the photo, it's all chest muscle, lol! The uplift is well needed, and you can also see why PS doesn't want me to go too big since there's barely any fat to cover. I'm counting on my uplift to distribute my breast tissue more evenly instead of it all being at the bottom and sides. Being muscular and thin can be difficult when you need to decide on implant placement, and usually these are the girls who can benefit most from some extra boobage, oh the irony!

Steph999 I was meant to have an op March 23, but it's been moved to the following week March 30.

Saffronair, have you decided yet, how's it going? xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 14th January 2012, 10:18 am

oh Mozelle i luv her too! RIPPED!!
Good luck for the 30th March Roxanne time will fly by!
xxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 30th January 2012, 11:23 pm

Safffon, may I ask why you are considering placement change? Are u not happy with them being over for some reason?

I train more than most people I know but by no means fanatical and I'm experiencing distortion and I don't like it one little bit. Its noticable under strappy tops and I'd imagine if I were participating in some proper physical jiggy jiggy it would be noticable then too. Its not a good look and it definately impedes my training.

Zuzzana Light is my inspiration too and I've scrutinized her videos quite alot, all in the name of research of course!! And she generally has low body fat yet I can't make out any distortion with her boobies so would guess she has overs?? x
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down