Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon?

+6
RedUmbrella
sweetcarol
kiwigirl
Natty29
louise_vaa
Opal_Eyes
10 posters

Go down

Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon? Empty Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon?

Post by Opal_Eyes 18th October 2011, 11:28 am

I was wondering how long it was before you were able to get back into the gym and do gentle light workouts and then how long before you were able to do normal workouts? Did it hurt initially? Also, if you take part in fitness classes, how long before you were able to rejoin them after your BA?

I am having overs if that makes a difference.

Hoping to join some core fitness and spin classes and maybe start working out at the gym. Don't want to leave it too long if possible! Want a body that flatters the new boobies ;-) Cheerleader

xxx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon? Empty Re: Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon?

Post by louise_vaa 18th October 2011, 12:18 pm

Ive been told I can start gentle exersice from this week (1 month in) Ive been cycling, which was fine and im going for my first jog today. I'll let you know how that goes. Before that I was walking lots. I think you'll need a good 2-3 weeks before you feel like doing anything although I had unders so maybe you feel ready a bit quicker. Don't worry though, the time flies by and I don't think I've put on much weight even though I was really active before. Also remember you might get a pot belly from the GA but it will go away with time, my GA belly has finally gone now too! Xxx
louise_vaa
louise_vaa
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon? Empty Re: Gym, workouts, fitness classes - how soon?

Post by Natty29 18th October 2011, 1:27 pm

I was told 6weeks hunni but went back to the gym at 8 weeks and still felt abit early!
I started back slowly after that and just focused on my legs and tummy been told not to do to much running or if I do I've been advised to wear 2 shock absorber bras! Lol (so they don't move anywhere!)still feels wierd wen I run(get a tingling feeling at the bottom of my boobs!) so I just go on the cross trainer and stepper and go on the treadmill for a fast up hill walk(I can't run anyway and have heard ur better walking fast up hill than running flat)
Hope this helps Hun xx
And remember it depends on whether u feel ready xx good luck xx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by louise_vaa 18th October 2011, 5:34 pm

I went for my first run today and it was fine! I was a bit out of shape but I managed 5k! I wore my sports bra and a tight crop so they didn't move at all. Just see how you feel hun and start off slowly and build up. I didn't feel like id lost as much fitness as I first thought I would! Xxx
louise_vaa
louise_vaa
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 18th October 2011, 7:38 pm

I was told to rest for 2 weeks, and to start slowly increasing my level of activity from there, I had overs, as well.

So I was back at the gym from 2 weeks post-op. On the first week back all I was really doing was recumbent bike as far as cardio goes. I found that even walking or using the eliptical (without the arms) was too bouncy for me, but the recumbent bike was good cos I could just sit and peddle and nothing moved up top!

Now (4 weeks post-op) I can walk and no-arms eliptical as well as the bike (but I've not tried running!!) and I do core and lower body resistance, but still nothing that involves my arms - it sounds silly, but even trying to put my hands behind my head for sit-ups feels like it's pulling at my pecks, so I do jack knives instead so my arms aren't involved!!

I would say the best thing to do would be to see what your PS recommends for you. As I say, in the post-op instructions I was given I was told to increase exercise from 2 weeks with the aim of being back to normal by 6 weeks, so what I'm doing isn't against what I've been instructed. If you're told to rest - then rest. If you're allowed to exercise like I am - BONUS! But you just have to sort of judge it on how your body is feeling on the day, because you still peak and trough a bit...

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 19th October 2011, 8:44 am

I had the all clear to run at 6 weeks but to take it easy and wear 2 sports bras. NO weights for upper body for another 2 weeks. I was walking on on treadmill after about a week though and could have cycled from 2 weeks but didn't bother. GOOd luck!
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella 19th October 2011, 10:42 pm

I'm probably being a bit paranoid here, but I'm 8 weeks post-op now and just getting back into the gym now...been twice this week and worried I may have done some damage today :( I did an abs class for half an hour and then a kettlebells class - no problems at all, except for some of the classes I had to lie on my stomach, kind of flattening my boobs, and I did lift some weights above my head for some of the exercises, and now my boobs feel funny. They're not painful, just a little twingey, but I am convincing myself they've changed shape slightly and that I might have made the implants move...is that even possible?! I had unders by the way if that makes any difference?
RedUmbrella
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 20th October 2011, 12:15 pm

I have had a few strange feelings too. I think when I have lifted something too heavy at the stables. I am not lifting weights yet for another week or so cause I enot think its worth risking. JUst take it easy and you should be fine x
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jangledania 22nd October 2011, 10:08 pm

Hi, i have my op 6th dec,overs, and been told it's two weeks for most people to go full back to work, 4weeks for physical work. I'm a dance teacher, mainly flamenco so lots of pec work so was worried it'd take ages but surgeon really thinks i will be fine after 4 weeks. she said the rule is 'if it hurts, don't do it!' guess that makes sense. think it's a case of bein sensible- and build up like all the girls saying. good luck! xx
jangledania
jangledania
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by jangledania 22nd October 2011, 10:09 pm

sweetcarol- i got a horse too- how long til you mucked out? xx
jangledania
jangledania
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTracyxX 23rd October 2011, 10:17 am

Girls ive been told I've got to wait until 6 weeks after my next little op in January befor I can do anything.
Thank god for big baggy jumpers cos I'm already feeling really fat and out of shape.
XxTracyxX
XxTracyxX
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 23rd October 2011, 10:53 am

HI. I started to muck out at 4 weeks... was filling buckets and haynets after a few days. EVen at 4 weeks I couldn't sweep the rubber matting or lift heavy nets or water buckets. I know when I had done too much above they go really hard afterwards.. I was fine after the 5th week to do everything and was trotting at 6 weeks. If there is anything else you need to know just ask x
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly19872 24th October 2011, 8:49 pm

I spin twice a week and then do a body pump class and then a session in the gym by myself normally - my trainer said I should be back in 3 weeks, but not lifting any weights.... she is a bit hard core though. I would be careful and ease myself in gently if I was you. Cycling/spin should be ok, and fast walking/light jogging..

xxx
Holly19872
Holly19872
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 25th October 2011, 3:59 pm

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies xx

I'm sorry I haven't replied until now, dashing about like a nutter trying to find a place to live!! And seriously running out of time!

It's good to hear it won't be too long before I can start exercising though, I feel a lot better knowing some of you were back in the gym or at your classes (or stable :) ) after only a few weeks! thank you

xxx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 25th October 2011, 4:15 pm

Really nice to see a thread on this. I am currently on a mission to get down to my ideal weight pre op day.

Then (assuming all goes to plan) it is my birthday 6 weeks later so I don't want to get too out of shape in that 6 weeks.

Walking, cycling etc sound good, think I will be giving kettlebells and bodypump a miss til after my bday though!

Can't wait, so excited!
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down