Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the fitness ladies on here

+11
mariajw
MarieMc85
kickasskittykat
kelimarie
*Sally*
nads
MsTeews
Len1
natalia
Ruth89
AdrianneSamuella
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To the fitness ladies on here Empty To the fitness ladies on here

Post by AdrianneSamuella 20th August 2009, 11:40 pm

Sorry if this in the wrong place.

Planning to get new boobs next year, still doing loads of research.

I go to the gym at least four times a week, do a lot of weight training combined with cardio. I've almost got the build of a sprinter so you'll guess, big shoulders, big arms, big legs and flat chest :lol: .

Now what I'd like to know, fitness ladies, did you have unders or overs?

I've read overs gave you more of a fake look whilst unders look more natural. However, over the weight training forum that I frequent, most of the girls who had their BA decided to go for overs as they're apparently ideal when you lift weights and do a lot of sport.

So once, again, I'm undecided. I don't want to have fake looking boobs and I really want to have mine under the muscle. I'm really nervous I might not be able to convince my potential ps because some of the girls in the sport forums were saying their ps insisted and convinced them overs was a better option.

if Any of the sporty ladies here have unders, do they really affect your training at all?
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

To the fitness ladies on here Empty Re: To the fitness ladies on here

Post by Ruth89 21st August 2009, 12:13 am

sorry im not much help on this subject hun but what i will say is listen to your surgeon! They're there to give you advice for a reason! It's no good fighting their advice and finding a surgeon that will do what you WANT when it may not be best for you and cause problems in the future.

Hope you come to a decision thats best for you and your body xxxx
Ruth89
Ruth89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 21st August 2009, 7:12 am

i think u get distotion if u work out and have unders the muscle i might be wrong but thats what u heard of other girls
x
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 21st August 2009, 8:45 am

I can't help with the fitness question Hysterical Hysterical !!! But just to warn you sometimes you don't have a choice with overs or unders. I didn't have enough tissue for overs so i had to have unders. Its best to go for a consultation so you can discuss all of this. Have you been to anyone yet?

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 21st August 2009, 8:55 am

Before I had surgery I used to run quite a bit. I was afraid after my BA to start running again as I had unders and was worried that they would be affected by this. I've started again this week, taking it easy and doing about 6k each day and they haven't bothered me at all.

I only notice them if I do push up style exercises or tricep exercises (like the ones were you have your body weight on your arms) then they will jolt up.

I've also heard that if you have unders there is a tendency for them to go further apart if you do a lot of weight training.

I dont think all the overs look fake, some of the girls here have amazing results, so I wouldnt worry to much about that, but its best to get the surgeon's advice on it xx
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 22nd August 2009, 8:41 am

Len1 wrote:I can't help with the fitness question Hysterical Hysterical !!! But just to warn you sometimes you don't have a choice with overs or unders. I didn't have enough tissue for overs so i had to have unders. Its best to go for a consultation so you can discuss all of this. Have you been to anyone yet?

xxx

No :( I'm still undecided which clinic I want to go to. But I plan to book a consult at MYA, Transform and MB.
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd August 2009, 8:44 am

What are your stats?

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 22nd August 2009, 8:47 am

MsTeews wrote:Before I had surgery I used to run quite a bit. I was afraid after my BA to start running again as I had unders and was worried that they would be affected by this. I've started again this week, taking it easy and doing about 6k each day and they haven't bothered me at all.

I only notice them if I do push up style exercises or tricep exercises (like the ones were you have your body weight on your arms) then they will jolt up.

I've also heard that if you have unders there is a tendency for them to go further apart if you do a lot of weight training.

I dont think all the overs look fake, some of the girls here have amazing results, so I wouldnt worry to much about that, but its best to get the surgeon's advice on it xx

Noooooo!! That bolded part scared the hell out of me. Shocked :sad:

I think I'll book for a consultation first and see what the ps suggests. But Unders is definitely what I'd like. I guess I might have to do less upper body workout than usual then :sad: :sad:
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 22nd August 2009, 8:53 am

AdrianneSamuella wrote:
MsTeews wrote:Before I had surgery I used to run quite a bit. I was afraid after my BA to start running again as I had unders and was worried that they would be affected by this. I've started again this week, taking it easy and doing about 6k each day and they haven't bothered me at all.

Noooooo!! That bolded part scared the hell out of me. Shocked :sad:

I think I'll book for a consultation first and see what the ps suggests. But Unders is definitely what I'd like. I guess I might have to do less upper body workout than usual then :sad: :sad:
That is only if you start working out alot before your pockets are healed, if you wait a good 3 months its less likely to happen. If you have some tissue beforehand overs wont look fake, i've seen lots of natural looking overs, plus if you're a fitness fanatic overs could be better as it does feel weird when the pec moves x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 22nd August 2009, 8:55 am

My stats are:

Weight: 65 kg
Height: 1.70
Cup: 32 A
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 22nd August 2009, 9:03 am

Another thing, I went to Debehams for a bra sizing and they told me I was a 34D. And I was like it's impossible because I have hardly no breast. They explained that my ribcage is quite wide. So whenever I wear 34D bras they do fit below my chest, even comfier than a 32A bra but inside the cup, there is nothing and it is very frustrating!!!
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 22nd August 2009, 9:37 am

nads wrote:That is only if you start working out alot before your pockets are healed, if you wait a good 3 months its less likely to happen. If you have some tissue beforehand overs wont look fake, i've seen lots of natural looking overs, plus if you're a fitness fanatic overs could be better as it does feel weird when the pec moves x

I agree with Nads. I have overs now and they look really natural as I have no upper pole fullness at all. I had unders originally and had very very bad muscle flex distortion which wasn't going to get any better. My ps said that this was nothing to do with my training but as I was doing a 4 day split with my PT for months before my BA I have a feeling that it might have had something to do with it.

I always thought I was a 36AA until I got measured in Debenhams. The lady there said I was a 34C which was so much more comfy but completely empty. Its to do with your breast base measurement. Mine is quite wide (14/16cm I think although I can't remember exactly) so I needed the wires to start much further back than they did on an A cup bra. The ladies in Debenhams are really well trained so I'd stick to the D cup even if it is empty.

I would wait until you have your consultations and see what the surgeon recommends but don't be put off by overs just because you think they won't look natural because they do.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 22nd August 2009, 4:15 pm

Sally, thanks for that. Another question, the flex distortation, did it have to do with having unders then? Is that why you had to have another op?

Like you all suggested it is best I see what the Ps advises. Many thanks :)
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kelimarie 23rd August 2009, 5:49 pm

Hey Hun, Im a fitness instructor and was told they wouldnt touch me with unders with a barge pole! Apparently when you flex, if you lift weights it can distort the implants... not a good look! x
kelimarie
kelimarie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 23rd August 2009, 11:37 pm

kelimarie wrote:Hey Hun, Im a fitness instructor and was told they wouldnt touch me with unders with a barge pole! Apparently when you flex, if you lift weights it can distort the implants... not a good look! x

Trust me its soooo not a good look!!! Its totally to do with having unders - info here quite useful and if you google it you should find some pics too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes my reop was to remove the implants from under and put them over the muscle. I still had some distortion until about 2 weeks even with the overs but its virtually gone now.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by kickasskittykat 24th August 2009, 6:30 pm

Hi there i do ALOT of weight lifting and training and this was my concern. I was determined i wanted unders as they are suppose to be the most natural, least likely to ripple ( i assume form your post that you would be well into your body fat percentage and this can happen with overs if it drops too low) and have a lower rate of Capusaltion.

I read this site alot [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (link on augs) and majority of female body builders have overs. I in the end was lucky enough to have enough boobs to have them as overs.

Which is a decision i was pleased with after doing some real research from women who actually train to body build. I would have a good read of the posts on this site and of course go with an open mind and your concerns to a consultation.

With unders as well you are having the muscle cut which i assume will ultimately have an impact on muscluar abilities down the line.

Hope this helps xx
kickasskittykat
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by kickasskittykat 24th August 2009, 6:35 pm

Sorry second paragragh is supposed to read majority have unders.

xx
kickasskittykat
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 25th August 2009, 12:25 pm

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about overs looking fake. I have overs and they look so natural, people say they wouldn't even guess that they were fake! You can get a natural result with overs and unders if you choose the right type of size and implant to suit your body.

I have heard that unders can distort with weight training.
It's best to have some consultations and see what they advise.
If you are really into your weight training, I wouldn't neglect that just to have unders. A breast augmentation is supposed to enhance your life, not stop you from doing things you enjoy!

Good luck hun

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 25th August 2009, 12:42 pm

What about doing press up's with unders?? Is this ok do you think?

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 16th February 2010, 11:13 pm

Sorry for bringing this post up again, but since I'm so ready to have my op, I wanted to say thank you to all the ladies who replied here since I never got the chance to do so.

Belated thanks again :)

x
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 16th February 2010, 11:29 pm

Only just read this thread.

What did you decide on in the end, Adrianne??

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 16th February 2010, 11:39 pm

I'm having my consult in 2 weeks. I'd really love to go for unders as I don't have enough breast tissue and I want big boobs, at least a C cup...

I'll see what my surgeon say on the day :)

I've also started a new thread regarding me training a few weeks after my op, especially if I am to have unders.
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 16th February 2010, 11:44 pm

just replied to that one, hunni. xxx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 29th August 2010, 10:04 am

I am a fellow fitness lady... I weight train 5 days a week and alothough I cant wait for my new boobs I am terrified to go with out training... I eat and lift to build muscle and strenght and I would hate to see my efforts go to waist.

Oct 6th I am having a lift and partial unders as per my PS suggestion... he also emphasised to me that the longer I give them to heal the better... he said if I give them a minimum of 3 months up to 6 with no weights they will then completely settle and give me no problems for weight training down the road. But to me even 3 months is an eternity!! So for the moment my plan is to go back to the gym asap but only walking at first then more intensive cardio... but truthfully I dont know how long I am going to go without my weights... I will problably do legs at least and go light with high reps to start.

I too am looking for tips in this fitness area... and I will keep u posted on my training post op.

Sarah x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 29th August 2010, 10:23 am

I too was a fitness fanatic before op. I did 15 classes a week and 4-5 of these where body pump classes where I squated 30kg(4st 10lbs) and lifted a reasonable amount on my chest. The op has put everything into perspective for me including my views on exercise and attitude to food. I am eating just as healthy since op and not using it as excuse to eat rubbish (in past I would have) and I'm also planning on doing a less punishing gym schedule when I go back. I am sseeing my PS in 5 weeks so will ask his advice. I think if we have spent all this money on new boobs we need to take care of them! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next