Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weight classes

+6
AgtKensington
hattie260
katita
misf1
Mindyt
suzi
10 posters

Go down

weight classes  Empty weight classes

Post by suzi 22nd August 2010, 8:33 pm

I know im early days but when do u think i'll be able to do weight classes..? im a bit of a gym freak, im used to doing a least 16 hrs a wk training so im feeling it now after 2 wks off..??? xxxxxxxxxxxx
suzi
suzi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

weight classes  Empty Re: weight classes

Post by Mindyt 22nd August 2010, 9:17 pm

Hi Suzi, Just seen you had Dr Frati .... how did you find him? Am due to have him in October (fingers xed!). And as for the gym will be interested to hear responses as i'm the same as you and the thought of not being able to work out fills me with dread but guess it's all worth it in the end xx
Mindyt
Mindyt
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd August 2010, 9:45 pm

Hi hun, I was advised no heavy lifting for 6 weeks. After you have your 6 week check up they should let you know what you are able to do.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi 22nd August 2010, 10:25 pm

hi mindyt, my whole experience from meeting the nurse to getting my ba done was so quick, think it was all done in three wks...??? so i only met dr frati twice.. once to discus about what implants i wanted and the other was the day of my ba.. even tho maybe my case was a lil rushed i did feel comfortable and at ease with him and i had no issuse's or worries, he has done such a fabulous job i really couldnt be anymore happier with them... as for the gym roll on 6 wks not that i'll be pressing half the weight i was before my ba, i love my toned look but i defo love my boobies more so i think ill be taking it down a step for a few months.... xxxxxxxxxxx
suzi
suzi
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katita 22nd August 2010, 10:36 pm

Hi Suzi,

I do body pump and to be honest have found the chest and back track a struggle at my old weights, so have just lightened right up when it comes time. Ihave really felt tight across the chest after a class with even the lightest weights so I suggest you ease back in very slowly I was given the all clear at 4 weeks. Running I need to wear 2 sports bras but it's all good.

Hope that helps
katita
katita
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 22nd August 2010, 10:45 pm

I would avoid weights until your 6 week check hun, if you lift too heavy too soon all you will do it prolong the healing period. It worth it in the end. x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by AgtKensington 23rd August 2010, 12:23 am

i'm at 3 weeks and couldn't even dream of doing weights. loading and unloading the dishwasher, carrying laundry upstairs and running the vacuum is bad enough. my doc advised nothing at all for 4 weeks, 50% at 4 weeks then 100% at 6-8...however, i believe there is a different recovery rate for weights for overs vs unders, but i'd be super careful.
AgtKensington
AgtKensington
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylou 23rd August 2010, 8:44 am

katita wrote:Hi Suzi,

I do body pump and to be honest have found the chest and back track a struggle at my old weights, so have just lightened right up when it comes time. Ihave really felt tight across the chest after a class with even the lightest weights so I suggest you ease back in very slowly I was given the all clear at 4 weeks. Running I need to wear 2 sports bras but it's all good.

Hope that helps

Hiya,

I do body pump, did you return to it at 4 weeks? My PS was a little vague when I asked her, she said I could return to it when I felt up to it??
I planned to ease myself back in from 6 weeks but would love to get back sooner. Do you also do body combat? xxx
Daisylou
Daisylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi 23rd August 2010, 9:05 am

hi Daisylou,

I haven't gone back yet im 3wk post op this thurs, but i was told i should be ok to return after 3 wks but im not so sure about going bk 2 pump so soon, even tho im so tempted...? I do body combat as well but there's a lot of punching and upper chest work in the routine they are doing at the moment so i really ave no idea when i should go back to that class either... xxxx
suzi
suzi
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 23rd August 2010, 9:10 am

not for 6 weeks upper body if u do and u damage something you will not be intiltled to aftercare i just wouldnt risk your boobs im a fitness freak and i got on treadmill around 3 weeks but walked everywheir and watched what i ate for 6 weeks xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylou 23rd August 2010, 9:13 am

Thanks ladies,

I am so impatient to get back to it and I know it's gonna hurt when I do go back!! I'll leave it till 6 weeks I think but hopefully go back in the gym and do some lower body stuff. I will get out and do some walking....if this rain ever stops!!
Daisylou
Daisylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 23rd August 2010, 9:17 am

No weights for at least 6 weeks and then go really easy on back and chest. I did spinning after 3 weeks although gave the push ups a miss. Also used the treadmill and cross trainer (without arms!) after about 2 weeks too. Did squats and lunges too but without weights. I know its torture when you're used to training every day but 6 weeks isn't long really and certainly not worth damaging your boobies x x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi 23rd August 2010, 10:02 am

thanks sally, i think i'll just try spinning and squats, i have been doing sit ups which has made me feel better, but all u girls are rite its not worth rushing back i would be gutted if i done any damage to my boobies.... xxxx
suzi
suzi
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindyt 23rd August 2010, 3:22 pm

Thanks for the response on Dr Frati Suzi, everyone seems really pleased withg him which is really reassuring. Good luck with getting back to the gym too xx
Mindyt
Mindyt
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by katita 23rd August 2010, 10:28 pm

Daisylou wrote:
katita wrote:Hi Suzi,

Hope that helps

Hiya,

I do body pump, did you return to it at 4 weeks? My PS was a little vague when I asked her, she said I could return to it when I felt up to it??
I planned to ease myself back in from 6 weeks but would love to get back sooner. Do you also do body combat? xxx

Hi Daisylou,

Yes I went back but I'm not anywhere near where I used to be strength and weights wise, even at 4 weeks the treadmill made me feel puffed. I am really listening to my body and now at 7 weeks post op I am still taking it very easy.
katita
katita
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay77 24th August 2010, 9:16 am

I know how you feel, I started to get panicky about missing the gym last week (one week post op!). However, the thought of doing weights makes me feel a little queasy. I won't be going back to the gym until 5 weeks I think. I'm going for long walks at the mo in order to get at least a little exercise. I'm definitely not ready for the treadmill yet. lol.
I felt fine last Friday and started emptying my garage, (lifting bags of old clothes for charity). I REALLY felt the pain the next day and had to have more pain killers. Even when you feel fine it can come back to bite you on the bum if you do too much too soon. Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.xx
jayjay77
jayjay77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down