Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping it secret

+13
_wildflower_
dangleberry
Twinky
blush89
9NDFp
Princess_x
Mammamia
Skates
Jen23
mirren001
Charlii
Vickyxo
Montana
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Keeping it secret Empty Keeping it secret

Post by Montana 4th June 2015, 8:48 pm

Hi I'm really unsure about who to tell as I really don't want anyone knowing about my op :-/ I've told my mum and sister but that's it (except hubby of course)
I just can't get over my embarrassment and I'm terrified that afterwards people will know. I know 100% I want it done but it's for me as I hate my droopy breasts. I've not even told my best friend as I know she'll tell her husband and from there it'll just escalate. If my close friends ask I'll tell them as I don't want to lie but it's people like the mums at school knowing, or my older family members etc. has anyone else successfully kept it a secret?
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Keeping it secret Empty Re: Keeping it secret

Post by Vickyxo 4th June 2015, 9:01 pm

I only told a few people but then it spresd in my family lol. You can tell whoever you like and feel proud your going to have amazing boobies!! Xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th June 2015, 9:05 pm

You don't need to tell anyone. It's your body, and nobody else's business. Lots of girls have kept it schtum. Most girls wear so much padding pre that it's just not noticeable post. And the majority of people are so wrapped up with their own problems and lives that it won't even register! If you're worried about it being gossip, leave it with your family and that's it. If any one does (have the dammed cheek) to ask, just play it how you feel. You don't have to lie, but at the end of the day, they're your 'private' parts for a reason. It's none of their business.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 4th June 2015, 9:11 pm

I only told my mother in law ,sister & eldest daughter, none of my friends know & haven't noticed as I wore padded bras with mega sized chicken fillets for years pre op.
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 4th June 2015, 9:43 pm

I haven't necessarily kept it a secret, but kind of treated it on a need to know basis. My parents and Hubby's parents don't know, In fact none of his family do. I'm the oldest of 5 and only 1 of my sisters knows. People at work know, I work in Costa so I had to take it easy when I got back, they're a great bunch anyway and a girl had hers done 7 weeks before me too.
I'm not ashamed or embarrassed, I'm proud of them! But they're mine, they're for me. Nobody has noticed though either, in clothes they don't look that big.
Its totally your call, its your body, your decision. People would only talk cuz they are jealous Lol x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 5th June 2015, 7:51 am

Strictly need to know basis, just mum and sister and a couple of girlfriends (mainly ones that live abroad now so no danger of it 'getting around'!). 

I have enough support on here from girls who know EXACTLY what I'm going through and wont be judgemental or tell anyone so no need to declare it to all.

I was petrified on my first week back at work that everyone would notice and ask me so I spent the week in baggy clothes slouching around! Now I'm back in my normal gear, head up and shoulders back. I wore padded 'going out' bras to work for a month pre-op too to try and limit any noticeable difference. 

Its private, its your body. xx
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 5th June 2015, 7:59 am

If in doubt, don't tell them. You can always change your mind later but once it's out there, it's out there. It doesn't mean you're not proud of them and you're decision to get them, but if it's private to you then that's how it should be. We are all different. I told parents, hubby and my bestest friends who ive know for over 20 years. Didn't tell anyone at work or loads of friends I see weekly. No one has noticed.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 5th June 2015, 10:01 am

Thanks ladies. Iim only worried as people who haven't been through it won't understand why I've done it. I used to gave v large breasts pre children etc but my friends have had so many conversations about the fact my boobs have gone! Not in a mean way but I've known them for so long so they'll probably notice but I can just decide at the time whether to tell them or not. My biggest worry is my best friend who I've known for 26 years! She'd be really hurt if she found out and I never told her BUT she'd also be the most judgmental I think, she's always had perfect breasts do she might not understand and I'm certain it'd get back to her husband at some point and he's got a big mouth. 
I think it's just too private for me to talk about as its my body and I'm doing it for me. I work in a cabaret where I have to lift v heavy equipment which I assume I won't be able to do for months? Anyone got a good "reason" to use as to why I can't lift?
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 5th June 2015, 10:33 am

As long as you're not going huge or going to be obviously flaunting them you should be able to keep it a secret. It's generally easier to be truthful though.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 5th June 2015, 11:01 am

Hey Montana! I totally understand where you're coming from and I feel the same. I don't want anyone to know other than the 3 people I've told so far- my husband, and 2 best friends. I'd be mortified if anyone at work found out, or mum friends from school my kids go to. It's just not the done thing in the community I live in and I'd be very worried about judgements etc. but as others have said above, I'm sure that no one will notice as people are often so wrapped up in their own lives we think they are taking more notice of us than they really are lol! I'm most worried about my kids noticing as we are quite a 'naked' household as the kids still quite young but my eldest daughter is 9 years old so I think I'll need to keep her from seeing me naked for a while after. 
With regards to your work, you could say that you've done your back in, and that you've seen an osteopath who's advised you not to lift anything heavy for 6 weeks. I'm going to use that excuse as I work at food festivals 4 times a year and involves me lifting too. 
Hope this puts your mind at rest Hun xxx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 5th June 2015, 11:25 am

I've literally told my family, boyfriend and 3 best girl friends. NO ONE has noticed which really shocked me, just goes to show how much padding I was wearing before! Tbh, I think unless someone who knew me well enough before saw me naked or in a bikini, then they might have some questions, but when is that gonna happen haha! I really worried people would think less of me too, and sometimes I have moments of blind panic when I think 'omg wtf have I done'. But I think it's all part of the emotional rollercoaster. Sites like these are really good for support, I can't going through all the up's and down's on my own!!

It's your body, I you don't need to tell anyone if you don't want to. I'd just keep quiet, and if someone does ask (which they most likely wont!) you can decide to say or not. Try not to worry too much hun :) xxxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 5th June 2015, 11:54 am

Back problems are the perfect alibi!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 5th June 2015, 12:38 pm

I saw my sister for the first time last night since she collected me from the hospital following my BA. 

So nearly 3 weeks. She totally forgot until about an hour in! Hadn't noticed at all, and she knew about them!

Mine were fairly small compared to some other ladies - I had 275cc but it goes to show that although it is totally the biggest thing in your mind at the moment, most people won't notice. Had I been wearing a bikini then yes - she would of noticed straight away!
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 5th June 2015, 12:38 pm

Ok thank you ladies your all so helpful. I'm quite certain I want to keep it to myself now. I just would feel judged if others knew and it's none of their business anyway. Irony be flaunting them no only for my husband ;) Back problems it is then!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's the school mums I'm worried about too as I'd hate to be the mum who got her boobs done! I don't judge people for it and I never would and I will be proud to have my new boobs. like Charlii and others have said people are probably far too busy in their own lives to notice my breasts lol. I don't wear padding but maybe I'll start for the next 3 weeks.
Anyway thank you guys use go crazy without you lovely ladies on here :)
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 5th June 2015, 12:45 pm

Haha [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's the sort of thing I'd do. My sister knows and will be bugging me to see straight away I think as she wants hers done after she's finished having babies. I only told my mum as its major surgery otherwise I wouldn't have as she's a bit judgy on the subject.
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 5th June 2015, 1:01 pm

Its difficult I know, my mum and sister are both quite natural I guess, they always look nice but are more subtle I guess?? I wear a lot of make-up, always have my hair done, lash extensions, nails etc. A bit more extroverted, dont mind wearing silly neon sunglasses out (ALL the time) etc etc, so they really weren't on board and thought it was a bit vain I guess until I explained the self image / confident / total body loathing issues and how much research I had done and how I felt about it and then they were brilliant. Still a bit bemused I think!
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 6th June 2015, 8:33 am

I have told my close friends, so that's about 7, and also my parents,hubby and sisters. 
But I'm dreading telling the in laws. Honestly I don't want to because they are quite judgmental, and I can see mothering laws face now ......ugh! And yes of course she has HUGE baps so would never understand.  We have just come back of how actually and a,any there had obviously  had hers done, and they did nothing but street and comment on them!  So it kind of made my I d up, I'm not telling them. 
However, since getting home and Finding out our house has sold, I  wondering if it's best to just tell them,any there has they do help us out with baby sitting and stuff, and cleaning and packing?
And I prob will end up spilling the beans at some point, it's just that face I want to avoid. Or comments. .... but it's a tricky one isn't it!
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th June 2015, 12:34 pm

I felt the same twinky.... I didn't want them knowing but kind of wanted their support with the kids etc too! I decided against telling them and using the back excuse, and then if I felt the need, I thought I'd tell them afterwards eg if I was really struggling, if there was a problem or if they were huge beyond expectation!!!. They still don't know and I imagine don't suspect a thing. I have an amazing relationship with them, but just didn't want them to know.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 6th June 2015, 2:26 pm

I'm not telling my in-laws but honestly don't think they'd judge which is good but we rarely see them as they live in a dif country. I've decided not to tell anyone, not even my friends who I know want theirs done too as its too personal. I'll then decide at a later date like a lot if others have said. I'm not even telling my best friend I don't think so hopefully they won't turn out to be massive making it v obvious. I don't want to be defined but my having a BL/BA!
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dangleberry 14th June 2015, 10:31 pm

I haven't booked my BA yet, but don't plan on telling many people.  Husband will know, plus probably 3 or 4 of my oldest friends who I trust 100%.  A lot of my local/see often friends such as Mums on the school run etc, I wont tell.  Also don't plan on telling my parents or any other family members.  I haven't worn padded bras for years but plan to start soon so that when I have BA people maybe wont notice as much.
dangleberry
dangleberry
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by _wildflower_ 15th June 2015, 9:40 am

I've told my mom and know for sure she won't tell anyone. I blurted it out to my best mate the other day and wish I hadn't...one of the first things she said was ooh rachel will be so jealous! I'm like I don't want her or anyone else to find out but they blatantly will and it will be so embarrassing :( i bet she's told her bf who I don't even like...and then if its told to anyone else it will all be like...keep it a secret she doesn't want anyone to know..so they won't tell me they know but will talk about it behind my back! So I would say do not tell anyone! I wasn't going to, and now I regret that I have, but its such a big deal it makes you feel like you want to tell people what you have been through...difficult to avoid it, my mate said she wouldn't even have noticed as well so I didn't even need to :(
I'd be much happier if she didn't know and she's my best mate!xo
_wildflower_
_wildflower_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 15th June 2015, 10:05 am

Yes I'm worried I'll do the same to my bf. She's been my bestest friend for 24 years and I trust her but I know what she's like and eventually it'll slip out to her husband (who I've known fur 20 years) and he doesn't think before he speaks (think Chandler from friends) and will say little comments then it'll just escalate from there. So no I'm not telling anyone unless it's blatantly obvious after I've had it done. I think eventually she'll find out but I need time to get used to them and stop being embarrassed about having a boob job before I can deal with other people's opinions. 

In your case  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you think she'll tell everyone maybe you should call her on it. Or tell everyone before she gets a chance so you can be proud and stop the talking behind your back! Girls can be such hard work sometimes!
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by _wildflower_ 15th June 2015, 10:14 am

Thats a good idea, I've just messaged her about it...but I recon it will be too late, she will have told her partner already, and boys do not understand as soon as you say boobs they have a certain thought track! I don't even feel like my now ex partner is/was fully sensible about it yes he understands but he still has that ooooh boooobs fascination and is blatantly so excited to tell his friends! I don't thin any man can ever understand, and if they're not your partner I think there will always be a certain amount of unavoidable judgement...i should have blabbed all my excitement on here instead of to her! but it is difficult!

I will find out today how many people already know ...then can decide from there how to deal with it... oh stress!xox
_wildflower_
_wildflower_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by _wildflower_ 15th June 2015, 10:33 am

She just got back to me told me to chill out! Said she totally got how I feel about it and hasn't and doesn't plan to tell anyone.....phew! maybe I'm the meanie! lol!xo
_wildflower_
_wildflower_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeB91x 15th June 2015, 10:49 am

Im still pre op but I've only told my parents, sister, boyfriend and a few close friends. One friend who is my boyfriends brother fiancée told her partner who then broke the news to my in laws whom I didn't want to know and got a bit snotty about it because they hadn't found out from me themselves!

My mum is a proper chatter box and ive told her she isn't allowed to tell any of my other family i.e. aunts & nan and so far shes kept quiet! I actually find it a little bit awkward that my dad knows especially when he asks questions about it haha!

End of the day its entirely up to you who you tell and if people tell others on your behalf I think its a bit disrespectful! Just because you tell someone doesn't make it there business it is after still a very personal op to be having! xxxxxx
JadeB91x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next