Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun?

+6
katie
leyla488
lisxxx9
hattie260
Mia
MarieMc85
10 posters

Go down

Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun? Empty Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun?

Post by MarieMc85 29th November 2009, 5:52 pm

Hi Girls,

I know that this has been mentioned before but couldn't find the link.

I bought myself some bio oil for my scars yesterday and they got me thinking...how long do you have to keep your scars covered up in the sun for?

Am going to Thailand on 15th Jan, which will be 8 months post op. Will I have to put sun block on them or will they be okay?

Thanks

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun? Empty Re: Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun?

Post by Mia 29th November 2009, 6:16 pm

Sun block I would say Marie, you should have it on all over anyway so why leave out your?Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun? 113752

The scars are still healing at this stage and if you fail to protect they may stay a different colour, better safe than sorry. xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun? Empty Re: Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun?

Post by MarieMc85 29th November 2009, 6:22 pm

I always wear factor 30 on my body and 50 on my face Mia! (No looking like a leather handbag for me in 20 years time!!!)
But do I have to put actual sunblock onto my scars or will normal factor 30 be ok?

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 29th November 2009, 6:34 pm

MarieMc85 wrote:I always wear factor 30 on my body and 50 on my face Mia! (No looking like a leather handbag for me in 20 years time!!!)
But do I have to put actual sunblock onto my scars or will normal factor 30 be ok?

xxx

From Mia.... alias........a leather handbag Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun? 557141

I would wear factor 50 myself at your stage!! I got a litttle waterproof stick of it for sunny days I think it was called sunsense? reccomended by dermotoligist, I use the face one too it is tinted and lovely (factor 50+).xxx

P.S. Should help you stay like a silk evening bag Keeping Your Scars Covered in the Sun? 368291

Last edited by mia on 29th November 2009, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 29th November 2009, 6:45 pm

I would put a bit of sunblock on the scars esp in thailand hun x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by lisxxx9 29th November 2009, 6:46 pm

I was told by my nurse 2 years or the scar could go red and lumpy. But every company probably has different guidelines.

Xx
lisxxx9
lisxxx9
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by leyla488 29th November 2009, 8:34 pm

If you have healed well, an alternative is to use those nipple covers that gently stick on, it saves all the messing about.
The website is:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm five weeks post op - Full uplift and BA, and have just come back from a very hot sunshine holiday. I used them religiously and my scars are fine, infact they are excellent. I just came home today.

Isn't it cold!! xx
leyla488
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 29th November 2009, 10:01 pm

Mia, I am sure you are far from leather handbag!!

mariemc........ sun block all way hun, spray tan or something before you go and block everything...... xxxx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 29th November 2009, 10:03 pm

Keep them covered for at least 6 months hun, the sun can darken them permanently otherwise x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by whoopsy.daisy 29th November 2009, 10:47 pm

Its like Nads says...I spoke to my nurse as im off on holiday in a few weeks time. She said that if you dont keep them covered then they will darken and become red and NEVER fade again.So i would be very careful and apply cream AND cover them up! just to be on the safe side.
whoopsy.daisy
whoopsy.daisy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 30th November 2009, 3:21 pm

Oh dear, no swanning around topless for me then!!! I said to my OH that if there were other girls topless, then I would too to show off my new additions and because I hate white patches !!!

I will make sure that I pack the sunblock then for my scars.

Thank you girlies

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 2nd December 2009, 9:43 pm

.x. yes lots and lots of sunblock. i went to spain a few weeks after i had mine done and kept them covered (scars) the whole time both with sunblock and bikini and then when i moved to geneva for the whole summer i've used it on them too. My scars are still not fully faded even though its been over 7months now but they are gettign there. I would be careful as you don't want to risk them being damaged in the sun and compromise the fading xxxxx
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 2nd December 2009, 10:04 pm

I was told 18 months hun xxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down