Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping it a secret...

+10
COOKIE
angie8131
Sezbaby2
Nicole
Lisa34
loclo26
Happy1day
Princess_x
balamoryyellfruit
g0902
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Keeping it a secret... Empty Keeping it a secret...

Post by g0902 16th April 2013, 6:02 pm

I know most girls decide not to keep their BA a secret, but due to my age etc I have decided to keep my surgery between just my immediate family and my boyfriend. However, I am a starting to worry whether people are going to notice the change. Has anyone kept their BA a secret? Recommended or not?

Thanks in advance :) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Keeping it a secret... Empty Re: Keeping it a secret...

Post by balamoryyellfruit 16th April 2013, 6:06 pm

Only my husband knows about mine and to be honest i doubt anyone would notice mine. Who you decide to tell is your choice hun x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 16th April 2013, 6:08 pm

As long as you're not flaunting the boobs in a low cut deep plunge top/dress then people won't notice don't worry x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 16th April 2013, 6:12 pm

I have only told close family, one best friend and two at work - and the only reason I told two work colleagues was because we share an office all day and I thought they might notice. I've booked two weeks leave rather than use a sick note as I don't want anybody at work finding out! I think the decision is entirely yours. My two friends at work said people will notice what will u say, but I don't think anybody would dare comment about something so personal - well that's what I'm hoping anyway! X
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 16th April 2013, 6:19 pm

As balamory said its your choice who you tell. If you want to keep it a secret then go for it! x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 16th April 2013, 6:20 pm

Thanks for the comments girls.

To me, it just seems personal.. I wouldn't speak to anyone about my boobs now, so I don't see why I should feel like I need to tell anyone about my BA! My friend was talking about one of her other friends who went from being completely flat and thinking she had breast surgery which freaked me out a little incase she noticed but I had to act stupid about the whole thing!

I have also booked 4 weeks off work happy1day for the same reasons as yourself. Hopefully with a big 4 week gap they will forget what my boobs looked like before!!!

xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 16th April 2013, 6:22 pm

I didn't keep mine a secret, but it's up to you if you choose wether or not to tell people. You can get a sick note from your gp that just says general surgery so people at work have no need to know xx good luck x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 16th April 2013, 6:22 pm

unfortunately one of my "friends" blabbed about mine so most people know, but most have been shocked by the fact that they don't look different to what they're used to seeing at all! (i used to wear 2x boost bra's) and my housemate told me that you can't tell at all :) x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 16th April 2013, 6:26 pm

Lisa34 - I totally understand that some girls choose to tell others...after all we are paying good money for these boobies so we should be able to show them off!!! :) Im only 20 though, so girls at my age would love a good big gossip about this sort of thing!

Newboobz - Thats one of the reasons I have chosen not to even tell my closest friends (which is soooo hard to keep a secret!!) I am worried that a tiny fall out with friends may lead to them blabbing behind my back!

xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 16th April 2013, 6:30 pm

i wasn't trying to keep it a secret, but that doesn't mean i wanted every man and his dog to know! especially as one of the people she told is mates with my OH's lot and so now all his mates know... and that isn't a situation i want him to be in! I learnt the hard way i guess, but at least i know never to trust her again!! But the point of my post was that it is so easy to keep them hidden if you choose! Do you wear padding atm? If not, maybe try and gradually increase the amount of padding you wear between now and your BA so nobody will see a drastic difference once you're post OP x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 16th April 2013, 6:33 pm

Iv only told 1 friend and my boyfriend, hopefully booking tomorrow so going to have to tell my mum to help me with the kids but I think I'm just goin to surprise my friends in summer with a vest top but it will be so obvious going from flat to having a cleavage! Ha ha excited!
I can understand why u don't want to tell people some girls can be so nasty I personally think there jealous!
Xx
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 16th April 2013, 6:34 pm

Hey hun, I told about my BA only to my close circle of friends, I doubt anyone will notice, especially if u used to knock urself out with padding as I did. I really can't notice a difference dressed between now and before my BA XX
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th April 2013, 6:40 pm

I personally have exactly the same view as yourself hun - why would I sit and have a discussion about my boobs just because I've had them advanced? I didn't sit and discuss them pre-BA, its not in my nature to sit and discuss things that are 'personal' to me.

You keep it to those you want to babe. I have and although I know some suspect, I haven't had anyone I know ask about them - be VERY careful who you do tell though because its human nature to talk and only those that true lay care for you will ever keep it secret for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 16th April 2013, 6:43 pm

Literally only my husband knows, no other people not even my mum or any of my friends know. My boobs are just the same size as in those x2 size bras. Me and the hubby love the difference but to others it wont show =] i didn't tell anyone because in my view it is only me and the hubby going to get any use out of them anyway so it didn't really seem like anyone else's business to me. But each to their own hun, i don't regret keeping mine a secret so you just do what you feel is best x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 16th April 2013, 6:44 pm

New boobz - Very true about the trust.. I guess you will know for next time who you can rely on just a pitty you had to learn it the hard way! :( I do wear padding at the min not loads but as you say it might help to gradually increase it. I will be off uni for 4 months so not overly worried about people in uni noticing its more just the people in work I'm concerned about... lots of creepy 20/21 year old boys!! xx

Angie8131 - Im not having massive implants so I'm hoping under clothing it won't be too obvious.. I did consider telling my close friends but at this age its hard to tell who my true friends will be in 5/10 years time!!

Sezbaby2 - I have told my mum, dad sister and boyfriend simply because it would be impossible for them not to know especially with recovery etc. If i could have it my way i wouldn't tell a single person! Im sure you can't wait for the summer to flaunt your new boobies!! I agree! Girls can be very jealous and big gossipers! xx

Cookie - nice to see someone has a similar opinion to myself.. As you say, to me its just a personal issue but at the same time i totally respect girls who do choose to tell others. I guess its a matter of personal choice! My plan is for no-one to find out other than family and my boyfriend (simply because it was unavoidable not telling them - seeing as we live in the same house!!) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 16th April 2013, 6:46 pm

Thanks Balamoreyy. I wasn't sure if i was just being silly by not wanting others to know, but its nice to know I'm not the only one who has the same view. looks like this summer will be a cover up... but next year once they have settled and not as high and swollen a lovely holiday will be on the cards!! xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 16th April 2013, 6:48 pm

Not at all babe, we all have different views and as long as you are happy with your choice then it really doesn't concern anyone else Hug besides you can always tell people afterwards if you change your mind, but you can't take something back once it has been said x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 16th April 2013, 6:49 pm

im keeping mine a secret just because i feel many people are too judgemental especially over things they know nothing about half the time! although im happy with my decision and not ashamed or embarrassed, i dont see the point in justifying my decision to anyone, especially people who just think of it as gossip. my mother knows because i'll need looking after when its done but apart from that i wont tell anyone. its sad really coz i want to tell my best friend and its not that i dont trust her but i know she'll prob tell her mum innocently and then no doubt it'll spiral from there. i think its safer to stay in my family! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th April 2013, 6:53 pm

g0902 wrote:
Cookie - nice to see someone has a similar opinion to myself.. As you say, to me its just a personal issue but at the same time i totally respect girls who do choose to tell others. I guess its a matter of personal choice! My plan is for no-one to find out other than family and my boyfriend (simply because it was unavoidable not telling them - seeing as we live in the same house!!) xx

LOL. I'm sure they'll all have the sensitivity to keep this private for you babe yes

There really is no right or wrong with disclosing whether you've had a BA or not and hate statements like 'I just don't want to lie' or "its just better to be honest"

You aren't lying and you aren't being dishonest and it doesnt make you any less proud of the fact that you've had surgery. You're simply making a choice not to disclose because that's what feels like the right thing for 'you' hun. Enjoy your new boobs babe - ON YOUR TERMS! :ok:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 16th April 2013, 7:06 pm

Balamory - Thats a very good way to look at it - i suppose once its out in the open thats it.. no going back so as you say, If i decide in a few months or even a few years to tell people that will be an option open to me! :)

lumpybumpy - Thats ask what I'm worried about. In particular girls can be quite insensitive of peoples feelings when it comes to a bit of a gossip. For me personally, id rather not have to deal with any nosey parkers asking questions or doubting my choice. I have the same feeling about my best friend - i am dying to tell her but i know how easy it can be to let something slip by accident and by them telling even one person the word can travel very quickly!!

Cookie - I totally trust them and i know they wouldn't tell anyone. My mum has been so supportive which has been great. Thank you so much! I have surgery on 5th June so very very excited!! Cant come quick enough :) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th April 2013, 8:13 pm

Hey g0902,
Intresting reading through this am im 21 and will be having my BA just before my 22nd birthday. Im not planning on telling anyone apart from my family and boyf who already know.
Im not planning on going really big so it wont be 'in your face' but saying that im not going to deny it if someone notices because im going to be proud of my new babies haha :)
Its really nice to hear from someone of a similar age going through the same as me :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 16th April 2013, 8:31 pm

I talked a lot about having no boobs to close friends, so those people know.. more because I was excited but in retrospect, there is also something to be said for emotional support while you are in recovery. The texts asking how I was feeling from friends were valuable as it took me 2 weeks to start feeling myself again and begin to function normally.

However, I agree with many of the ladies - it's your business and honestly, unless you have plans to wear a bikini in front of everyone you know, they likely won't notice.
Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 16th April 2013, 8:40 pm

Jennifer, i'm 21 :) if u have any questions just ask xx there's quite a few young'uns on here lol xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 16th April 2013, 8:46 pm

Hi hun,

I am not telling anyone but my mum (and my ex boyfriend). They are the only two people I can trust but I think it's a very personal decision and absolutely no one else's business. I know people will jump to their own conclusions and will judge. No one but my mum, ex-boyfriend who I am very close to and the people on this forum know my reasons for having a BA and that's the way I want it to stay. My mum had to book time off work and told her boss I was having a surgical procedure. I went mad because that's far too much information for my liking! Tell who you like, but you're not obliged to tell anyone, even if they ask xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th April 2013, 8:50 pm

Newboobz- Aww yay thanks for letting me know!
Because i will be just about to turn 22 if i can get the date for the BA in august which is what im hoping for, ive had two main worries to do with age.
1st- The fact that i will need a few more re-ops in the future. The ladies of here have put my mind at ease though saying that they loved their BA days and look at as a way of being able to make them perfect throughout life! haha ... how do you feel about that? knowing that were need more reops?
and 2nd- how children will affect them. Havn't had any children yet and not planning to for a few years!! but ive since decided that boobs are better then no boobs and i will be due a reop i guess after children anyway :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next