Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what IS capsular contracture?

+2
mirren001
Tilliex
6 posters

Go down

So what IS capsular contracture? Empty So what IS capsular contracture?

Post by Tilliex 13th February 2014, 12:10 am

I've tried to look online but I can't find anything in layman's terms!! Can anyone help me out? Tillie xxx shrug
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

So what IS capsular contracture? Empty Re: So what IS capsular contracture?

Post by mirren001 13th February 2014, 7:09 am

Hi.  wavey  put simply it's where the scar tissue around the implant capsule thickens and can harden causing the implant to distort and go misshaped .
Everyone has a certain amount of scar tissue around the capsule that forms around the implant once it's inserted, There are different grades of cc and only causes problems when it becomes excessive. XXX

mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 13th February 2014, 7:12 am

Your body sees the implant as a threat so puts heavy (can't think of the word) scar around it to protect the rest of the area. So the implant will become squashed bent out of shape hard etc 

That's my understanding of it anyway x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 13th February 2014, 9:09 am

Ohhh! Okay, thanks Mirren and Sahara! So how would you know if it was getting to the stage of being too far gone, and to need corrective surgery? Sorry I'm 47 days (yep I'm counting!) post-op so I am getting very worried that I'll have EVERYTHING wrong with my boobs when I get out of theatre  huh smiley xxx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 13th February 2014, 9:46 am

Massage is ment to help but you'd have to talk to your surgeon about it x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 13th February 2014, 9:51 am

Thanks, Sahara :) I expect I'll get some information through from MyBreast about this sort of thing before my surgery... At least I hope so! I'll email him about it though xxx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th February 2014, 9:56 am

Though don't massage your boobs unless explicitly told to by your surgeon. If you've got textured implants, don't touch them, they need the stability to adhere to the pocket.

CC is essentially when the capsule (pocket) contracts due to heavy scarring inside.

The advances in tech these days means that the likelihood is getting less and less. Definitely textured implants reduce the risk. But its one of those things - if you're going to get it, you're going to get it. There's nothing you can do to 100% prevent it.

If you read some of the stories on here, it seems that the girls can tell when something's going wrong. Any hardening of the breast, plus if it moves upwards is a sign of it. I don't really know if there's a perfect scientific way of telling what grade it is, but you're surgeon would be able to advise, and take the decision for a re-op.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 13th February 2014, 10:02 am

Charlii wrote:Though don't massage your boobs unless explicitly told to by your surgeon. If you've got textured implants, don't touch them, they need the stability to adhere to the pocket.

CC is essentially when the capsule (pocket) contracts due to heavy scarring inside.

The advances in tech these days means that the likelihood is getting less and less. Definitely textured implants reduce the risk. But its one of those things - if you're going to get it, you're going to get it. There's nothing you can do to 100% prevent it.

If you read some of the stories on here, it seems that the girls can tell when something's going wrong. Any hardening of the breast, plus if it moves upwards is a sign of it. I don't really know if there's a perfect scientific way of telling what grade it is, but you're surgeon would be able to advise, and take the decision for a re-op.
Do you mean like, some women are just susceptible to getting it? And how do you know if the implants you're getting are textured or not? Sorry for all the questions! xxx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th February 2014, 10:06 am

Theres no susceptibility, like increased chances genetically. It just depends how your body will react to the implant. Some girls just get it over and over, no matter how many reops...some never do.

If you look under my avi, you can see what implant Ive got, and it says TRX. All implants will be something like this, and it dictates the type. So mine are Textured (shell) Responsive (fill) Xtra high (profile). This is something you can discuss with the surgeon.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilliex 13th February 2014, 10:08 am

I'll have to email him then :/ Thank you so much! xxx
Tilliex
Tilliex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 13th February 2014, 10:58 am

i went with james hunni and just had a full capsulectomy on my left breast due to cc.unfortunatly if ur gunna get it there is no point in worrying about it.im 5 months post op from lefty being done and mine feel great now.wiv my first ba in 2011 from the start lefty felt odd and wen i got to 2 years post op it started goin hard and was quite uncomfortable xxx
can i just say that james is a fab surgeon and I'm so glad i chose to go with him :)
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th February 2014, 10:41 pm

Trust me u will know if u have CC 

We all get grade I its just the bodies own natural way of protecting ur body against a foreign object

I had grade III borderline grade 4 at first i was told to massage that never worked to had to get a reop to sort that prob and another couple issues out xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down