Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capsular contracture

4 posters

Go down

Capsular contracture Empty Capsular contracture

Post by yettiricey 10th February 2011, 2:35 pm

Hi

Has anyone had surgery to correct Capsular contracture? I am having my surgery in May and although I've had 2 previous BA's (had implants that were removed from the market so had to have them changed 10 years ago) I am still very nervous about what to expect.

xx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Capsular contracture Empty Re: Capsular contracture

Post by jellytot1 10th February 2011, 5:32 pm

I think CharlieB did back in November - not sure as you are a Newbie if you have the option to PM her - but maybe she will see your post and answer anyway.
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 10th February 2011, 6:03 pm

ok thanks Jellytot1 :-)
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 12th February 2011, 4:30 pm

I have PM'd you darling! x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Capsular contracture Empty Just Diagnosed with CC

Post by Rachaelf 14th March 2011, 11:33 am

I've just been diagnosed with CC, I had an urgent referal through my GP to the breast clinic (NHS) as my left boob went very firm, painful, tender & hot very quickly, this all started on 12th February. I was given two courses of antibiotics and treated for mastitis, I did not respond to the AB's. I never had any problems with my boob before this and having been scared silly that it was something else, mainly due to my G.P.'s reaction I think, I was almost relieved that's it's CC.

I have contacted my PS and am waiting to see him, he is waiting for the letter from the breast clinic. I have Nagor textured overs, I was told that I would not need to massage them as they are textured, but have now been advised by my PS to quadrant massage until I see him, which I have been doing with a passion. My boob seems to relax a little when I massage it and firms up again when I leave it alone. I really hope that I can beat this with massage and not have to go through another operation, I don't handle general anaesthetic very well.

I really hope that your operation goes well and that you have no further problems. I hope we can be of support to one another through this.
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 14th March 2011, 11:39 am

Oh you poor thing, I too was relieved when I found out I had CC as I had large lumps and obviously thought the worst. I've actually just contacted my clinis to see if they can bring my dates forward as I'm so desperate to get it sorted now.

When did you have your BA hun? See mine are 10 years old and I reckon I started to notice something was wrong about 2 years ago.

Hope you're ok xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 14th March 2011, 11:54 am

I've had mine 19 months and only noticed this is February. I've read so much on CC recently and am hoping that I can manage this with massage and that the capsule is not too thick. Only my PS will be able to confirm this I suppose once he sees me.

At the moment the pain is not too severe, I am a lot more tender after massaging but his is to be expected.

I really hope you can bring your dates forward, I totally empathise with your desperation to get it sorted out. Waht grade of CC do you have?
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 14th March 2011, 12:39 pm

do you smoke? I read that it can (not always) be a factor so I've given up now. To be honest I don't know that they really know why some people get it and others don't. I don't know what grade I have but it's sometimes quite painful and my boobs are lumpy and look different to how they used to look. Are you going to have to pay for a reop? You must be so gutted.

yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 14th March 2011, 12:53 pm

I quit smoking in October last year. From what I have read there is no trend to who can develop CC, it can happen to anyone at anytime from a few months to years post op.

Yep, I will have to pay for a re-op if necessary, but this is not may main concern - I don't do very well with G.A. I have problems waking up, I've had four G.A.'s now for various things and it seems to get worse each time, with that last time being after my B.A. I'd rather tey and beat it with massage if possible, even if it takes a lot longer and is painful.

What are you having this time round?
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 14th March 2011, 1:05 pm

I don't know yet, I've got a consultation in April (unless they can fit me in sooner). I don't know what size I had the first and 2nd time, my surgeon just said he would do what would look right and I went along with it....lol. It's so different now with so many other choices etc. I am going to go a bit bigger as mine seem to have shrunk. When I first had them done many years ago I was a 32AA and I went to a C cup, now I wear a C cup but it's all padding!!!! What size were you and what did you go to?
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 15th March 2011, 1:36 pm

I was a 34B, albeit they were very floppy, like dogs ears after breastfeeding. I had Nagor 345 high profile textured implants, I asked my PS to fill the existing skin, not necessarily make them bigger than thery were before I had kids, which was a D cup, they are now 34 DD or 32 E depending on the bra and look pretty much like they did before I had kids. I'm a size 8 to 10 and they don't look too big for my frame. Hope this helps.
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 15th March 2011, 1:59 pm

Oh interesting coz I'm an 8 and I can't imagine what I'd look like with a DD or E. I'll have a good chat with my surgeon next month :-) thanks hun x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 18th March 2011, 1:29 pm

Just seen my PS who says that the massage is working, my CC is relaxing, he said that it is probably between a 1 and 2 now, it is a lot softer than it was this time two weeks ago. woohoo I am so relieved, I will have to have regular check-ups but he seems to think that I will not need surgery, certainly for the forseeable future anyway Stars
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th March 2011, 1:32 pm

Wow that is good news :-)
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 18th March 2011, 1:38 pm

You'll have to keep me posted on how you appointment goes in April and what your PS says about the D cup!!

Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th March 2011, 1:41 pm

Yes I will do hun x to be honest mine have downsized so much over the past 10 years I think I'd have them done even without the CC....oh maybe it's the CC that's caused them to look different. I'm looking forward to moving forward now and am counting down the days until my consultation then BA :-)
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down