Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE

+4
Diamond2223
COOKIE
misf1
shelle222
8 posters

Go down

HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE Empty HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE

Post by shelle222 22nd March 2011, 11:23 pm

I have had worries about my left implant from day 1, firstly I had really bad bruising on the side of this breast, it always looked higher and rounder than my right breast.. My right has dropped and gone really soft and looks completely natural. I was prepared to give lefty time to catch up but today whilst me and my husband were in bed my husband asked me what was wrong with my left breast, when I looked down my righty had fallen slightly to the side like a natural breast but my lefty was sting in the middle of my chest like half a coconut. I sleep in my sports bra so have never noticed this. Hubby also noticed that the left one is harder than the right and he is right, the right one is squishy but the left one is a lot firmer and rounder. I have a horrible feeling this is capsular contracture, I will ring my PS tomorrow, but I refuse to stress out about it as my hubby has said if it is he will pay for it to be replaced right away.
shelle222
shelle222
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE Empty Re: HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE

Post by misf1 22nd March 2011, 11:38 pm

Hi hun, I had one breast higher and firmer than the other still at 5 months post op. I started massaging (dont know if that helped) and eventually about 7 months post op they evened out and both became of equal softness. I would think as the stubborn boobie had more bruiseing straight after the op could be a big factor in the reason it's taking longer to heal than the other, maybe it needed more work done to it to get the implant in, therefore more trauma and longer healing. Obviously you can't rule out a possiblr complication like CC but it could just be a stubborn boob. I'd go see your PS just to put your mind at rest. But I wouldn't panic just yet. I do have pics of my stubborn boobie at 5 months post op if you would like to see. Or my wonky stage as I like to call it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE Empty Re: HELP I THINK I HAVE CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE

Post by COOKIE 23rd March 2011, 9:11 am

I can only echo what misf1 has said, everyone of us heals differently and it it's the same for our boobs too! they all heal differently, left might soften quicker than right or vice-versa.

My left boob was a nightmare! It seems to travel all over the place before it settled into position, and my right just seemed to like staying high! This caused me many months of anxiety, I think no matter how many times you go through this procedure you always worry, but things mostly really are OK, it's just that your boobs are healing differently as misf1 said, this could be due to one suffering more trauma than the other.

It's always best if you're overly concerned to seek the advice from your surgeon though, even if that's just to gain some reassurance.

Let us know how you got on hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond2223 23rd March 2011, 9:32 am

I'm only 4 weeks post op but I know my lefty is gonna be like this but I'm keeping confident it will come right ! Misf1 I'd love to see your pics just to reassure me that they can look very different and still sort themselves out in time x
Diamond2223
Diamond2223
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 23rd March 2011, 12:17 pm

Sorry to hear you are worrying about cc Shelle, have you manage to get hold of your PS yet? I have to go back to see mine in 6 months to check for cc and take final photos - I think all is well with my boobs at moment but do stress about cc, I did ask about massaging but my PS said I don't need to with textured implants. Let us know how you get on and try not to worry. xx Hug
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 23rd March 2011, 2:17 pm

Hi Shelle, below are excerts from my posting recently on my CC thread in complications:

I've just been diagnosed with CC, I had an urgent referal through my GP to the breast clinic (NHS) as my left boob went very firm, painful, tender & hot very quickly, this all started on 12th February. I was given two courses of antibiotics and treated for mastitis, I did not respond to the AB's. I never had any problems with my boob before this and having been scared silly that it was something else, mainly due to my G.P.'s reaction I think, I was almost relieved that's it's CC.

I have contacted my PS and am waiting to see him, he is waiting for the letter from the breast clinic. I have Nagor textured overs, I was told that I would not need to massage them as they are textured, but have now been advised by my PS to quadrant massage until I see him, which I have been doing with a passion. My boob seems to relax a little when I massage it and firms up again when I leave it alone. I really hope that I can beat this with massage and not have to go through another operation, I don't handle general anaesthetic very well.

I've read so much on CC recently and am hoping that I can manage this with massage and that the capsule is not too thick. Only my PS will be able to confirm this I suppose once he sees me.

At the moment the pain is not too severe, I am a lot more tender after massaging but this is to be expected.

18.03.11 - Just seen my PS who says that the massage is working, my CC is relaxing, he said that it is probably between a 1 and 2 now, it is a lot softer than it was this time two weeks ago. I am so relieved, I will have to have regular check-ups but he seems to think that I will not need surgery, certainly for the forseeable future anyway.

I would not recommend that you do any of the above without the consent of your PS as everyone is different - good luck.
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by elleblondie 24th March 2011, 12:40 pm

Shelle222,
My lefty is a little stubborn too! It's hard because it really is having 2 different surgeries and things are healing at similar, but their own, rates. I have just a little spot under my nipple that is just ... a little 'wonky' - I can't really tell in most mirrors but I was in a change room and saw it. I'm going to my PS tomorrow so I'll see what' s up. Again, hopefully these are just our anxieties but it's good to air on the side of caution.

I wanted to thank you Rachaelf for giving us that info on CC. It definitely is amazing that you have been treating it with massages and I'm sooo happy this is working for you.

elleblondie
elleblondie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 24th March 2011, 2:35 pm

Thanks Elle, hope everythings ok tomorrow - Good Luck.
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach 30th March 2011, 11:04 am

Hi All!
I too have been suffering from the same thing.....I must admit that after reading your comment misf1, I now have renewed hope! At the moment I have started to do quadrant massage (I have taken matters into my own hands) as my breast became so hard and quite painful and I couldn't just leave it. It was sooo much softer this morning when I woke up but now has gone back to rock strength! I'm seeing my ps later today so hopefully he'll see it at its worst. I am about to finally put up my photos, so if you want to see the "wonkies" message me. I would really appreciate it some comments - and to see if it is similar to any of your situations! Meanwhile I'm praying for change! Rolling Eyes
Rach
Rach
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 31st March 2011, 9:29 am

Hi Rach

How did you get on with your PS yesterday, like I said above massage has certainly helped mine, but it does still firm up a little inbetween massages.

At the end of the day it did not happen overnight, so it follows that it will not go overnight.

I hope all goes well for you, all the best. XXX
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach 31st March 2011, 10:42 am

Hi Rachael

Well...We had a very long chat about it again, and I told him that whilst I can appreciate that surgery isn't the solution at this time, I didn't think that him telling me it was only very mild was particularly helpful: I'm the one wearing them, and somedays I just wish I hadn't had them done, as I feel more limited now in what I wear etc than I did before!
I told him that I had started quadrant massage and he didn't really think that was suitable for me - he suggested that I just do the squeezes that he showed me initially, although he sis say that if I felt it was working then do what I feel.
In the end I managed to convince him to put me on a course of "accolate" - don't know if you've heard of it but it's an asthma drug that has proved to be about 50% effective in reducing CC (not great odds but I figure it's worth a go!) - so I started that yesterday. From what I have researched about it, I think that you need to take it for three months so watch this space I guess!
We also discussed me going for larger (only had 225cc) after a year, and he said he would perhaps use polyeurethane implants, as these have a very low incidence of CC. I have never heard of them so really don't know what they are all about, but I don't know if I would go for repeat surgery unless it was necessary - even though I have huge boob greed at the minute!!!
I have to go and see him in another 4 weeks so that he can assess any change. Typically last night I found a really odd feeling "blob" type thing, right under my implant in my cleavage, so now that has given me something else to worry about! Am not normally such a moaner, but this whole thing has totally changed me!!!

Really hope that you are continuing to improve, and it is so helpful to know that it's working for you - I'm definitely going to persevere!
Good luck and take care! xx
Rach
Rach
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachaelf 1st April 2011, 1:47 pm

Hi Rach

Don't worry about having a chunter or moan, that's what this forum is for, to get things off your chest and hopefully gleen some advice and pointers to guide you and help you through any issues or problems. Hug

I have heard of Accolate and Singulair being used as treatment for CC, have a look at this link, this is one that I found recently, it is old and not active, but very interesting all the same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The implants that I had have a life time guarantee against CC and rupture, so at least if my boob doesn't stay soft I have that reassurance, sadly the guarantee does not cover the risk of any additional surgery.

Boob greed seems really common, having read through some posts on this site, so you're not alone there. Like you said it is still quite early in your healing process and hopefully everything will come right for you (I really hope so), I hope the little blob that you have discovered is nothing to worry about, hopefully just a little inflammation of soft tissue or something like, you'll be like me at the moment, scrutinising your boobs for any changes I suppose. Your comment on the whole thing totally cahnging you, came across as if the changes were for the worst, I sure hope there not, it's natural to be anxious & concerned and not always easy to express exactly how you're feeling, I can totally empathise with that, but keep your chin up and keep doing what works for you. Take care. XXX Heart
Rachaelf
Rachaelf
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach 4th April 2011, 12:33 pm

Hi Rachael

Thanks so much hon! I will have a look at the link now. I really hope that you won't need to make use of that guarantee; things sound very positive for you, and even if it's something that you have to do every day, it will just become part of your routine and is so much better than having to have surgery again!

I didn't mean that it has changed me in a negative way (completely!), but I certainly didn't worry as much about stuff as I do now!! I feel much more confident than I did before (when the difference between my boobs isn't too obvious) so that is a very positive change!

Thanks for your kind words and good luck!! :good:
Rachael xx
Rach
Rach
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down