Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chesty cough 2 days preop

+10
ravenxwaves
COOKIE
CAB321
Charlii
tinkerbell24
Gleaming
jenniferrf1
rachij
Amac
Lias6246
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chesty cough 2 days preop Empty Chesty cough 2 days preop

Post by Lias6246 28th October 2013, 6:34 am

Hiya girls

I've woken up this morning with a chesty cough and I can feel it heavy on my chest. I can't believe this! Both kids have been coughing on me for a week so it was inevitable. I've been drinking loads of orange juice but I don't know what to do - should I go and see my gp or try things at home to make it better? I don't feel unwell apart from it feeling heavy on my chest and the cough. When I had my preop they said as long as I didn't have a chesty cough and a temperature. 

I knew something like this would happen!

Does anyone know of any remedies that work please? X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Chesty cough 2 days preop Empty Re: Chesty cough 2 days preop

Post by Amac 28th October 2013, 7:17 am

Oh no you poor thing :-( if I was in your shoes I would go and see my doctor this morning before it gets worse. And maybe it's not as bad as you think. And I would take it totally easy (I know easier said than done when you have little ones!), rest, drink plenty of water. But defo go and see your doc is my advice.  

Hope you get better before weds hun xxx
Amac
Amac
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 28th October 2013, 7:51 am

Oh no!!!! Sorry to hear this, as said above make an appointment with drs explain about op and see what they say. 

Drink plenty, keep warm -have you tried a cough mixture yet?

Take care xx
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 28th October 2013, 8:03 am

Oh typical :( always the way! Just be careful what you take because I want allowed to take certain things such as vitamins or ibuprofen, I don't know ether you have been given those instructions also... Fingers crossed your feel better xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 28th October 2013, 8:24 am

Thanks guys, I've got an appointment with the doctors which means I have to tell them about my op that I didn't really want to do as I don't know the doctor as we've just moved. Maybe he can give me something to make it go away or at least listen to my chest and see if it's an infection. It's a small price to pay to have to tell a stranger to have my op though! I can't believe my luck.

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 28th October 2013, 8:27 am

Oh no poor you !! Hopefully it's just a short -term bug, have a few days resting and try half a squeezed lemon with honey in hot water a couple of times a day... Fingers crossed your body knows it's priorities and kicks this cough in the butt for you xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 28th October 2013, 8:28 am

Thanks Jen, I'm not allowed to take ibruprofen or vitamin e. I don't think cough medicines work anyway - I will see what  the docs say. Thanks chick I'm feeling low already without this as well! 

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 28th October 2013, 8:29 am

Thanks Gleaming. Honey makes me sick but I will try lemon and hot water (yuck but if it works...) I've had peppermint tea this morning as hot drinks are supposed to help but milk makes it worse I think. I hope I don't have an infection!

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 28th October 2013, 8:31 am

Keeping fingers crossed for you hun, I really hope it's just viral... xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 8:57 am

cough medicines when ive taken them seem to make things worse, like they mask the coucg but the germs are still there and our gp never prescribes cough bottles, but maybe thats just mine lol

I swear by hot water fresh lemon juice and honey as soon as I feel a cough/cold coming on then I get the lemons out haha

dont worry too much about it im sure all willl be fine xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th October 2013, 9:13 am

You're GP will just tell you its a virus, go home, take two paracetamol and a duvet day, which unfortunately is the best cure for it! Paracetamol is fine pre-op, just dont take Ibruprofen as its a blood thinner. If its in your throat, try and get some anti-bac throat spray, Corvonia or Vics. Numbs the throat and fights the germs. Also try steaming it out, maybe with some Olbas if you have it, it'll help to bring up all the ick thats laying heavy in your chest.

I think it will be down to the clinic and surgeon, and they might decide to delay. But you do not want to be having a chesty cough post op, it will hurt and feel like theyre going to explode off your chest! Im not trying to scare you, Im just saying that for your health and healing, a small delay may be better in the long run.

I really do hope you're better in time and its all goes to plan Give You
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 28th October 2013, 9:17 am

Fingers crossed that it's just a virus and not a chest infection.
Yes you definitely don't want to be coughing post op; I picked something up from the kids a few days post op and it really hurt coughing.
Laughing wasn't too great either so you can't win really.

Have a duvet day, couple of girly films, some cough and cold tablets and hot lemon! You might just be a little run down and the day of relaxing will do you the world of good!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 9:19 am

we also have a sauna in my work and a steam room and alot of people go for a steam room and add albas oil to the steam and that really does seem to work so if you can get some hot water in a bowl then get the oil in it and hang your head over it xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 28th October 2013, 9:43 am

Thanks for all the suggestions girls - I'm going to the doctors so he can listen to my chest and tell me if it's an infection or not. If it's not an infection I will probably get better sooner as I won't be worrying as much!

I didn't realise you could get anti bac throat spray I will get some on the way to te doctors, it feels like it's all in the back of my throat. A steamy olbas oil bowl sounds like a good plan too with the lemon drink, plus lots of vit c! Oh ha duvet day with girly films sounds amazing right now but I can't - I've got so much to do pre op with the kids etc. I've got a chill out day tomorrow though. 

I wouldn't have the op if I still had the cough. No matter how badly I want it I can well imagine the pain of coughing added to all the other pain! Plus my mum went under for a knee op with a cold and it lasted a month! 

Thanks for all your fab suggestions and well wishes xxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 9:51 am

are you ok to take vitamins, I wasnt allowed to take them and need to stop taking them again soon for my reop xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th October 2013, 11:32 am

Charlii wrote:You're GP will just tell you its a virus, go home, take two paracetamol and a duvet day, which unfortunately is the best cure for it! Paracetamol is fine pre-op, just dont take Ibruprofen as its a blood thinner. If its in your throat, try and get some anti-bac throat spray, Corvonia or Vics. Numbs the throat and fights the germs. Also try steaming it out, maybe with some Olbas if you have it, it'll help to bring up all the ick thats laying heavy in your chest.

I think it will be down to the clinic and surgeon, and they might decide to delay. But you do not want to be having a chesty cough post op, it will hurt and feel like theyre going to explode off your chest! Im not trying to scare you, Im just saying that for your health and healing, a small delay may be better in the long run.

I really do hope you're better in time and its all goes to plan Give You
Excellent advise from Charlii yes 

Just to add that if you are told its a virus or an infection then you must call the clinic as son as you can lovely.  

If its a chest infection its not in your best interest at all babe to proceed because it could lead to the implant needing explanting. 

If its a virus, the hospital may not want to risk a virus running he hospital which I'm sure you understand  babe.

So for your saftey and for that of other people in the clinic do call and let them know what's going on hun. 

Also if the mucus is on your chest and risks causing difficulties while you're anaesthetised the clinic just won't take the risk... As I'm sure you wouldn't either. 
tinkerbell24 wrote:are you ok to take vitamins, I wasnt allowed to take them and need to stop taking them again soon for my reop xx
No-one can take vitimin supplements hun... All vitamins must come from Natural sources on the run up to you having your BAs.

Lisa... I hope with all my heart that your chest clear up sweetie. The best advise I can give you in circumstances such as this is to keep both GP and clinic informed.

Don't necessarily write your surgery off. For one of my surgeries I had a chest infection on the run up to my BA and and my surgeon worked with me and the GP to ensure all was well and I was fit for surgery. 

Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road hun... What time is your GP appointment? 

Please let us know how you get on Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 11:34 am

yeah i thought that Cookie but I didnt want to come on ans say YOU CAN NOT lol sounding all bossy hahaha xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th October 2013, 11:47 am

Unlike ME Hysterical 

LOL... I don't believe in sugar coating Tink. I tell it like it, not because I'm being bossy, but because I care about the well being of each and every woman here, so if I respond and sound bossy lol, I'm actually stating the facts to save any mistakes being made that might risk complications during surgery/post-op. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 11:50 am

lol yes like you, im joking im joking

nah just cause ive not been on here in a while I dont want anyome thing eh who is this timkerbell coming on and dishing out the info LMAO!!! xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th October 2013, 11:53 am

Hahahaha... You darling, are the Tinkerbell who's been there, done that and got the T-shirt, so fully able to advise babe.

Be bossy all you like Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 12:14 pm

lol ok I shall ;)

nah i cant I just cant lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th October 2013, 12:16 pm

Hysterical Its not at all bossy being honest Tink, its HELPFUL! lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 12:23 pm

ok al try but if you start getting PM off memebers saying im bossy its your own fault haha xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th October 2013, 12:26 pm

Hahahaha all prepared hun.

Lisa... So sorry Tink has been so bossy and taken over your thread. Give You  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th October 2013, 12:29 pm

lol yeah sorry Lisa but yeah no vitamin c unless like you say its out thr fresh orange juice xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next