Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!

+3
COOKIE
NurseSophie89
EveSmyth
7 posters

Go down

Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  Empty Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!

Post by EveSmyth 31st March 2012, 10:43 pm

Hi Girls

I have a really horrible tickly cough, no fever or cold symptoms just a cough, do you think I will be ok for surgery if I still have it? Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  267328

Not good! Just my luck Im nervous enough as it is...

Or does anyone have any remedies I could try?

Thanks

Eve x
EveSmyth
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  Empty Re: Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!

Post by NurseSophie89 1st April 2012, 12:50 am

Could it just be hayfever cause of all the good weather we are having? As long as its not a proper hacking cough you should be ok.. with no fever or anything. However, if you're bringing up any mucus at all(sorry, its the nurse in me lol) and its green or anything then you're in a bit of bother and may need some antibiotics. If you do end up with a cold and then have your op you're at greater risk of a chest infection due to not being able to cough as well. Get the vitamin C and honey and lemon into you and i'll cross my fingers for you. If not better by monday maybe give your gp a call? x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2012, 8:50 am

It may be just be a simple case of nerves sweetheart, you wouldn't be the first and you definately wont be the last to come out with cold like symtoms right before surgery babes.

Firstly, you need to make an appointment with your GP to ensure there isn't a thoat/chest infection, if there is then you'll be placed on a course of anti-biotics, you'll then need to call your clinic and ask whether or not they think you'll be fine for surgery, it's always best to know now sweetness aand re-schedule for another date than to get to the hospital and to be turned away just as you get yourself mentally prepared for the op. Remember boobs are a bonus - Health is vital!

If the GP can find nothing wrong then it is down to simple nerves hun and as Sophie recommended, get your immune system boosted up with plenty of vitimin C, lots of fruit and honey and lemon and you'll be just fine for surgery.

Please let us know how you get on. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by EveSmyth 1st April 2012, 9:51 am

Thanks guys, I've already had a cold and have been left with this cough. It's worse at night time it's just really tickly!
I've taken some vitamin c and honey and lemon this morning.
I don't feel coldy at all it's just the cough and there is no mucus etc.
It is frustrating though as I live in guernsey and I'm flying to London for op so flights booked and time off at work so I'm hoping all be ok.
Fingers crossed. :thumbs:
Xx
EveSmyth
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2012, 10:03 am

Best to just get the all clear from your GP before flying out Eve, just to be on the safe side hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EveSmyth 1st April 2012, 10:18 am

I will do cookie, thanks. X
EveSmyth
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EveSmyth 2nd April 2012, 11:25 am

Hi girls

Just been to the GP and he said my chest is clear and the cough is just lingering from my cold.

He also said that as Ive given up smoking that does contribute towards the cough!

So fingers crossed it be gone by Thursday so I can have a comfortable recovery!!

Shocked xx
EveSmyth
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 2nd April 2012, 1:11 pm

OMG Eve I'm keeping everything crossed for you that your cough stops, because it only gets problematic post-op. I was one of the unlucky ones that got it right after the first week and I can't explain how painful it is each time you cough. Start drinking ginger tea, honey & lemon, vicks, Halls, vitamin C or whatever you believe in to try to avoid it. That's my advice xxx
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by EveSmyth 2nd April 2012, 1:16 pm

Thanks Xaxa

Ive drank 6 pints of water with fresh Lemon and 2 cups of hot water with honey and lemon so far today and it seems to be wearing off a little but the little tickle is still coming through!

So Im also keeping everything crossed that it goes before Thursday and stays away!!

Thanks for your advice, I may try the ginger tea too Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  184153

Eve

xx
EveSmyth
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 2nd April 2012, 1:22 pm

Hi Eve, wow well done!!!You're a good girl, better than me because I don't even manage to drink a litre Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  869500 Pineapple is good to clear the mucus and on the other hand avoid dairy products. Always keep a pillow close to you post-op and hug it (especially between your cleavage) in case you need to cough. Good luck Eve (I like your name :) xx
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by EveSmyth 2nd April 2012, 1:29 pm

Aw thanks

Well normally I dont drink alot of water at all, but lately even before I was ill I have started to drink water with a slice of lemon and fill the glass 1 quarter boiling water to release the antioxidants in the lemon then the rest cold water. I have this in the morning when I get to work and throughout the day. I used to drink alot of coffee so this is much better it helps keep me awake!! Hee hee!

Yes ive heard it can be painful to cough after the op!! Eeek hopefully my cough will be gone...

xx Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  923101
EveSmyth
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd April 2012, 2:06 pm

Good to read you had a full "MOT" and got the all clear sweetness, it's probs just a simple case of nerves, ALOT of women go through the same so you're not alone hun. You'll be just fine Tickly cough 4 days pre op!!  184153 xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmybird2 30th January 2015, 7:07 pm

I know this is an old thread but ive started with a cough these last 2 days I'm hoping it will go by Wednesday when I'm having my op but im going to go Monday to docs and I'll start drinking loads of water I seriously don't need the op prosponing as I paid less to have it done early and at this moment hasn't the extra cash if I need to pay what I would have paid :-/ x
Emmybird2
Emmybird2
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th January 2015, 7:24 pm

A cough is nothing to worry about. A chest infection is. As long as its just a sore throat, drink plenty of water, lots of veg and vit C, lots of rest, and you'll be fine.

If you need to postpone it, they wont charge you more. What you got was a 'last minute deal, $$$ off', which is corporate code for lets fill our theatre timetable, we'll throw a discount on it.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th January 2015, 7:51 pm

The more you panic Emmy, the more stress you'll put on your body and start lowering your immune system making you feel worse. 

Just relax hun. It's only a cough and no-ones going to cancel your surgery because you have a cough. As has been said already in this thread, as long as there's no infection and your airways aren't obstructed in any way, you'll be fine. Be sure to treat yourself to a little TLC and all will be well. 

One thing I would say to you though. If this cough is a continuous tickly cough you might want to postpone just to save yourself the discomfort of having to deal with your new boobs and an irritable cough, because early post-op Emmy when you've just had your boobs done, I won't lie to you - it hurts. Do you really want to have to deal with that out of choice? 

It's entirely up you what you want to do though and like Charlii said, you'll be charged no more if you've had to postpone for medical reasons.  Xx

Last edited by COOKIE on 30th January 2015, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 30th January 2015, 9:17 pm

Make sure you rest up and get as much as sleep as possible and i'm sure you'll be feeling loads better by weds x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down