Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question?

+7
Happy1day
Lisa34
loclo26
Hexxi
misf1
Nicole
alipops66
11 posters

Go down

Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question? Empty Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question?

Post by alipops66 29th April 2013, 10:00 pm

Imas title says I'm coming down with a cough and cold :-( boo. Am booking my op Tomo and they had 6th may available which I was gonna book, but if I still have it will they cancel?
Nothing serious I don't think just blocked nose and cough.... But would hate to have to change it.
Also I am a smoker (between 5-10 a day, not heavy) and just wondered when prior to op you stopped smoking? I promised hubby I would give up as soon as I book as my incentive ;-) but I'm having so many worries and fears about the op and recovery that I don't know if I can!! Anyone else managed to give up completely? Or how soon after were u smoking again??

Argh don't know wat to do!!
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question? Empty Re: Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question?

Post by Nicole 29th April 2013, 10:16 pm

You need to give up its not worth compromising your op for cigs. I went cold turkey from 10 a day 4 weeks before op. I'm over 5 weeks now n started again about 4 days ago although I regret it and am trying to quit again x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question? Empty Re: Cough and cold :-( and Smokers Question?

Post by misf1 29th April 2013, 10:18 pm

They recommend you give up 2 weeks prior. However cutting down may be an option. Myself I didn't quit but I didn't smoke for 24hrs prior to surgery. I then smoked a few hrs after my op.
It is best not to smoke at all, but I'm not one to say anything really.
You should be fine with a cold but double check before booking.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexxi 29th April 2013, 10:38 pm

I gave up a month before my op and haven't started again. I also had a bad cold the week up for my op, as long as you don't ave temperature it's fine. Good luck in booking though lovely! How exciting xxx
Hexxi
Hexxi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexxi 29th April 2013, 10:39 pm

Sorry about the typos lol iPad and vodka!! Xx
Hexxi
Hexxi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 30th April 2013, 5:47 am

Haha Hexxi good on ya girl!

Thanks everyone, I know it makes sense it's the perfect opportunity to give up - iv only smoked for 2 years so it prob won't be as hard as I think it will be. Xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 30th April 2013, 5:53 am

Can you get yourself some quitting aids? they may help. I'm not a smoker so I don't know how hard it is to stop but my Oh always tries and fails lol. As for the cold, if its just a cold and no infection your op will still go ahead. Good luck with the quitting!! x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 30th April 2013, 6:27 am

As long as you don't have a temp, and the cough isn't productive they will go ahead with surgery.

As for the smoking, I think most surgeons say no smoking for 48 hrs before your op, but mine told me 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after! I had already given up before I saw my surgeon.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 30th April 2013, 7:28 am

You are right on the cold it is more a chest infection that would be a problem - I don't smoke so can't advise on this one. I am dreading picking up a cold or chest infection etc as I would hate to be cancelled by the anaesthetist all the planning etc and then you can't go ahead! X
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 30th April 2013, 8:42 am

I quit a month before because I worried about complications.
Its not the risk...I started when I returned to work just under 3 weeks after.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1068

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 30th April 2013, 9:06 am

No smoking 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 30th April 2013, 11:49 am

Hiya, most PSs say 2 weeks before and two after. I went cold turkey 10 days before my op and I haven't gone back yet, don't even miss it. I did share some shisha the other day though dance
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 30th April 2013, 12:18 pm

Love shisha with a Mars bar.. Hysterical
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 30th April 2013, 12:21 pm

Add a bush and there's ur perfect weekend!! I think plenty of those in Knightsbridge so watch out here I come kenzie Hysterical
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 30th April 2013, 12:24 pm

Finally! !!! Boobies and bush. .

Sorry, to lower the tone.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 1st May 2013, 8:19 pm

I was told to give up for 2 weeks before and after but certainly not to have any 24 hours before. So I cut down to 1 or 2 a day for about 3 weeks before and didnt have any 24 hrs before, I started smoking again about 4 days after, just the odd couple a day but I am back to normal now between 5-10 a day! woooops!

As the others have said give up if you can because of the risks it can have but I think most places will say cutting down will help!
x
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down