Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smokers....

+7
Immie
kristenb89
jen86
mio321
lola_blsk
mytime
Lil K
11 posters

Go down

Smokers.... Empty Smokers....

Post by Lil K 19th July 2011, 9:57 am

Did you smoke? I'm still in hospital and desperately craving a cig. A few puffs will do. I'm sat here with drains and ice packs n jus want to go for a wander. nope. I feel ok pain wise but getting **naughty word** off having to stay in this stupid room.
Lil K
Lil K
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Smokers.... Empty Re: Smokers....

Post by mytime 19th July 2011, 11:07 am

hi, yes i did smoke. just before surgery and straight after Smokers.... 557141
mytime
mytime
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 19th July 2011, 11:19 am

I'm a smoker bt gave up 2 weeks before & 2 weeks after.

I was desp to smoke but more desperate for my boobs to heal ok! Xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 19th July 2011, 11:32 am

yep i smoked im glad you have asked this question cos im currently aruging with my doc over this ...i went to see him this morning.

I gave up smoking 4 wks ago cos i was told to by the hospital group who i had my B.A. with ...which was fine ...on heck of a challange but i did it . I had my B.A on sunday and my blood pressure is through the roof ...it never was before .

When i smoked i always had really low blood pressure . I have been to my docs this morning to get it checked cos im a tad concerned its high . ...And guess what ...its still through the roof???

I asked my doc is it cos i have stopped smoking ? She said no i would have high blood pressure if i was smoking ...so i asked her to look back on my notes to check what i has always been before ...sure enough its always been low ...but i will say this if it does not go down in the nxt 2 weeks i will start smoking again ...nothing to do with my B.A at all ...but im am worried its so high . xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 19th July 2011, 12:15 pm

thats weird! lol. sum girls on here managed to quit as they had already gone a month n decided to carry on...that would be hard! xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil K 19th July 2011, 12:26 pm

My process has been quite quick. One week from consultation to op. This was the second surgeon I saw. I have cut down quite alot, only have about 1/3 of a cig at a time. I'm hoping I can carry on cutting down to eventually stop.

Mio321, I'm still in hospital n my bp has been higher than normal. Mine is usually quite low but I never thought it could b linked to the lack of nicotine.I just thought it was because of the op. I'm going to ask the nurse. X
Lil K
Lil K
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 19th July 2011, 12:52 pm

I bet she says it nothing to do with smoking .

I went to the smoking sensation clinc 4 weeks ago before i stopped smoking and i did the breath test they make you do to see what your nitotine levels are ...mine where 42 ..that was before i stopped smoking.

Had them tested again last week cos need to know how well i had done ...my nictontine level was down to 4 ( apperently is it never 0 cos of what is in the air already ) ...that is a massive drop ... big pat on the back for me ...i was really pleased ...but the blood pressure so high ??? I know it doesnt add up what so ever ...but i have the medical proof to say i dont smoke lol ....xx

Ne way lil how you feeling ? xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil K 19th July 2011, 1:34 pm

Not too bad. Pain in my boobs is fine just pressure on my chest. My belly is a different story though. I'm sooo bloated. My belly gets bigger by the minute. Not only is it irritating it's starting to hurt more than my boobs. Waiting for nurse then I can ask if she can give me summit.

How long ago did you get your boobs done? N what were u before after etc.

Sorry I'm a right nosey cow!! Lol X :heehee:
Lil K
Lil K
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 19th July 2011, 1:43 pm

Lol its ok , i had mine done on sunday ... my belly will be bigger than me boobs soon ha ha still bloated here. I was a 32 a i will be 32c when they ant so swollen. What was u ? Before n after? Hows hospital food? Lol was nice where i was x
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil K 19th July 2011, 1:59 pm

I measured 32a and had 380 unders, want to look a full c\d. From what girls have said though I think you measure alot bigger than you look. I'm at highfield, foods good, staff are excellent. Can't fault them at all, nothing to much trouble. One nurse is even going to come out for a cig with me. Yayy!! What size implants did you have?
Lil K
Lil K
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 19th July 2011, 2:07 pm

Ha ha classic i like that she going to go for a cig wid u . I wish i cud laugh lol. I have to giggle slowly . I had 300 cui . Wot did u have ? U in for the rest of the day or home tomoz ...x
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil K 19th July 2011, 2:16 pm

I've been in since yesterday. There's been quite alot of drainage n this morn it the bleeding weren't showing any signs of slowing down. This afternoon it's not been to bad, hopefully they'll let me home soon. Should have been home this morn!!!

Think mine were CUI aswel. Well that's the booklet they give me anyway. Were u an over night or daycase?
Lil K
Lil K
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 19th July 2011, 5:00 pm

i saw on the internet that it would be good to stop smoking 12weeks before the op. i did it and haven't smoked since *big pat on back for me* dance it was hard at first and i ate to compensate. but by the time i had the op i was fine.
the high blood pressure could be the stress of giving up smoking. sometimes smoking isnt all about the nicotine its the taking 5mins to take deep breaths (of cr*ppy air) and relax maybe try giving yourself little "you" breaks to chillax! good luck Give You
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Immie 19th July 2011, 6:46 pm

I havent managed to quit, i smoke about 7 a day.
My nurse told me its good to stop, but realistically you can still smoke if you like (she kinda whispered that bit to me) especially as I have less than 10 a day anyway xx
Immie
Immie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 19th July 2011, 6:51 pm

They told me they wouldnt go ahead with me having my B.A done at all unless i quit smoking . But i did smoke 20 a day.

I dunno im glad i have stopped and up to now i havent had one after my op ...was tempet too before ...but something is telling me not too.

I am gonna prove to my doc my blood pressure is through the roof cos i have stopped smoking though lol i know my own body better than they do xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by springstep123 19th July 2011, 7:43 pm

mio321 wrote:yep i smoked im glad you have asked this question cos im currently aruging with my doc over this ...i went to see him this morning.

I gave up smoking 4 wks ago cos i was told to by the hospital group who i had my B.A. with ...which was fine ...on heck of a challange but i did it . I had my B.A on sunday and my blood pressure is through the roof ...it never was before .

When i smoked i always had really low blood pressure . I have been to my docs this morning to get it checked cos im a tad concerned its high . ...And guess what ...its still through the roof???

I asked my doc is it cos i have stopped smoking ? She said no i would have high blood pressure if i was smoking ...so i asked her to look back on my notes to check what i has always been before ...sure enough its always been low ...but i will say this if it does not go down in the nxt 2 weeks i will start smoking again ...nothing to do with my B.A at all ...but im am worried its so high . xx

please don't start again, there's other ways to get your BP down other than smoking! It;s probably your body's stress response to craving nicotine! I expect it will go down by itself over a few weeks as your body readjusts. Please don't start smoking again. It's the WORST thing you can do.
springstep123
springstep123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 19th July 2011, 8:21 pm

Hi xx im really going to try not to smoke again . I think as u said its taking my body a long time to settling down from it ... i was 15 when i started smokin , im now 43 nearly 44 thats alot of yrs of smoking , no way can ur boday just go back to ' normal' just like the docs reckon. Glad i done wot i done so far .xx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely@41 19th July 2011, 8:42 pm

Hey ladies, I'm an ex smoker of 16 years but can still remember that feeling of NEED !!

It's really tough to start with but when you realise how much nicer your hair, clothes and perfume smell it helps, not to mention how much better your skin starts to look!

On a more serious note, smokers healing time after an op is supposedly longer due to less oxygen in the blood. So that's something to think about...

Well done to all you girls who've quit! :thumbs: Just think of how much money you'll save over the year, I bet it'll almost pay for your new additions !! Stars
Lovely@41
Lovely@41
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizee 19th July 2011, 8:53 pm

Hi girls

I stopped smoking nearly 2 weeks ago in preparation for my BA and the only thing that keeps me from nipping to the shop and buying some more is the possible risk of complications during and after the surgery!

Feel better for it already and so does my purse, just hope I can keep it up xx
Dizee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by mio321 26th July 2011, 6:21 am

Hi... i started smoking again :0( but i put that down to stress over my blood pressure its down to 141 now it was 190 then 171 last wk. I will be honest i bl!me my gp for freakin me out sayin i wud have to wear a monitor for it if it didnt come down . What they didnt tell me was it wud be high after surgery for about a mth. Lack of information slighty i would say. Im. going to quit again now though. I did cold turkey for a month before my b.a so i know i can do it. I really wud advise anyone who does smoke to quit before and for ur b.a , if u think every time u go to light up ... its a cig or a b.a u simply dont want that cig anymore. I wont deny its hard but u can do it , i smoked 20 a day since i was teenager im 43 nearly 44 if i can do it , u can. Xxxx
mio321
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 26th July 2011, 6:44 am

Hi all

i smoked but my husband ordered me one of those E cigs its amazing u get all the nicotine but without the harm. (obv still git the nicotine addiction) i have been using that for the past 5 weeks and never looked back.

hope this helps

x
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down