Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consultation advice - size

+9
astanji
Sezbaby2
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
RayRayT
Lisa34
willows
alipops66
Navenka90
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Consultation advice - size    Empty BA consultation need advice

Post by Navenka90 20th May 2013, 10:40 pm

After having my daughter nearly four years ago I breast fed and lost a lot of weight after that I lost basically all breast tissue now can't wait to have a BA because of lack of tissue n size I'm thinking UNDERS and the round implants ... Also I'm looking to go to a large C just don't know I'm 5ft61/2 weigh 9stone just under a half and I'm very slim (ironing board stomach tiny frame) wondering I anyone is same size and what size they went to .. Been advised not to take less that a 410cc by several friends .. I'm currently nothing basically! I personally would class them as gone! 30/32 back just wondering on any advice anyone can give me !!
Navenka90
Navenka90
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Consultation advice - size    Empty Re: Consultation advice - size

Post by alipops66 20th May 2013, 11:10 pm

Hiya iv had 445ccs under the muscle for the and reasons as u - I'm in a 34DD ATM and that's the size I said I wanted to be but imagine I will swell more in the healing process. Everyone is different but they have probably offered u larger ones because u have a lack if breast tissue and also loose skin so I can cope with larger ones, did they ask u about what profile u want? I was conscious I want to be fuller on top as I was completely flat on top - I only found out today that I was having extra high profiles - my surgeon must have known what I wanted lol xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 20th May 2013, 11:14 pm

Oh sorry missed the first bit there u have it appointment next week - right :-) my stats are I'm 5ft 9 and 9 1/2 stone (usually 10) so don't know if that gives u an indication? Xx he offered me 420 or 445 so I went with larger one - I imagine 420 would have put me at a D if I chose it xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Navenka90 20th May 2013, 11:17 pm

Yes :) I have my appointment next Tuesday! So only advice is from friends I've contacted who have had it done ! .. Sounds silly didn't realise you swell after ! I have been looking on line at pre and post op pictures to get a idea but none of them mentioned profiling ... Yes I want to have something on top feel very self conscious but as my waist is so tiny I don't want to look top heavy however I have been told sizes look different on everyone .. A friend told me that if I had less than 410 cc I would most likely be disappointed and go back due to lack of anything ! That really does help we are the same then :) like bottom half I'm a 8/10 but top at the mo is like a 6 top size ... Really so much help! Thank you for replying so good to get more advice want to be clued up !
Navenka90
Navenka90
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 21st May 2013, 12:20 am

No problem - it feels nice to give advice for once lol up to today literally I have been asking everything ha - but honestly do remember go with what ur surgeon suggests - they see so many before and afters they know what they are doing, obv give them an idea of the end cup size u want but they will say that cup size can't be guaranteed - if ur under muscle remember u may end up a little bit smaller as the muscle squashes them a bit in comparison to over the muscles- that is advice I read anyway I'm yet to find that out myself xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 21st May 2013, 12:25 am

hi im 5ft5 9 1/2 stone and i had 340cc allergan implants. i was a 32a/b and now im a 30F ! i wouldnt worry abuot hearing other women had bigger implants than what surgeons are recommending for yourself as i was worried about this but im now glad i trusted my favourite surgeon who wouldnt let me go bigger than 340 as i think any bigger would have looked very fake and over the top on me which wasnt the look i was going for. Even though i measure an F i feel i look about a DD which was exactly what i wanted! xx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 21st May 2013, 12:29 am

Willow iv said it already but your Avis amazing - and proves exactly what your saying about how everyone is different and sizing is individual :-) xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Navenka90 21st May 2013, 12:39 am

This is very reassuring ! So glad I found a forum! ... Both great advice...I will definitely go for surgeons advice ! But obviously with what I have in mind large c /d I would like to stick to nearest my goal! ... Well any bit of boob is better than none i have ! Definitely don't want to look fake .. Boobs look amazing !! .... See when they say you try the implants on would the unders be a different shape/size to uppers to show the difference ? Like you said they would be squashed more ... X
Navenka90
Navenka90
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 21st May 2013, 3:52 am

Well the Pcc will take all this into account - I think I actually tried on about 4 diff sizes around 400 - 460 - to give an idea of what I could have. When you try them on they are only fillets, well they were for me I think some use the built in bra ones but I would imagine at the trying on stage they won't be able to show u difference between unders and overs, but you could ask for some previous patients before and after photos - that's something u can ask your surgeon and also that's a way of checking their credentials too xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 21st May 2013, 6:28 am

Hi Hun x I'm 5ft7, 8st11, I had 325cc anatomical unders! And I went from pretty much nothing just loose skin (due to breast feeding) to a 30/32 F! So I wouldn't worry about your implant not being big enough! Take in some pics of boobies you like and they will work around them rather than concentrating on size! You can never guarantee the size you will end up, even with the very best of surgeons x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 21st May 2013, 6:45 am

Fab advice from Lisa. I know it is so difficult when you start going for consultations as cup size is all we know! From personal experience I would see what your surgeon recommends then go with what you like the look of in the sizing appt. I had a choice between 420-460cc and was told the difference was so slight it wouldn't make a cup size difference. My surgeon and I never discussed me having overs or any other profile as he explained fully why he recommended what he did.
Good luck, let us know how you got on. x
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st May 2013, 7:37 am

First bit of advise I can give you - Forget what your friends have said.
Secondly, don't go into your consultation with preconceptions of what you think you should have. The reason you're going to see an expert in this field (a plastic surgeon) is because they will know what size, placement, profile and shape of implant would be best for your body type.

Whatever your friends have had if they've had a BA will be of no consequence to you at all. Even if one of your friends shares the exact same stats as yourself, your body is still different to theirs.

This is because your anatomy is unique to 'you'.

You may have more/less breast tissue than the other woman with the same stats. And I've seen MANY here who thought they needed partials and then have had overs because this was best for their body.

Your breast shape may differ

You may have more/less overall body fat

You may start out with a wider/narrower cleavage

Your rib cage may be concave/obtuse

Your rib cage me wider/narrower

All these factors and more are what will determine the possibilities of a BA for 'you'. Your body may not even be able to accommodate an implant with volume of 410CCs. Many women are only able to take a much smaller implant due to their anatomy BUT the results would possibly be the same as another who had 410CCs.

It's good to research things like volume, placements, profiles and implant shapes so you know what your surgeon is talking about when you have your consultations. You'll find lots of information in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum here, as well as looking on the net and and any questions if there's something you don't understand we're happy to help if we can. Its also best to do your research on any surgeons who you intend to see as well. Choose at least two surgeons so you have at least two surgery plans to compare and once you know what the surgery plan is for 'you' babe then after your research with what you know you can go back and question your surgeon about 'your' surgery plan to ensure you're getting the very best for yourself. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 21st May 2013, 7:58 am

See - I said cookie was better at explaining things :-) great advice cookie and so well explained, so glad you are here! Xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st May 2013, 8:55 am

I agree with cookie, forget what your friends said haha. Sounds harsh but implant sizes are reccomended for you based on your body. Whats right for you will be different then what is right for your friend. The surgeon is the expert and when you met him or her, they will be able to tell you what size is right for you to achive the size you want.
This forum is great for researching anything from your surgeon to implant placements so whatever you want to know, just try typing it in the search bar or post a new question :)
Good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 21st May 2013, 9:42 am

Cookie is ace at explaining things :ok: xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 21st May 2013, 9:58 am

sorry to butt in girls....

willows can i see ur pics if you have any iv just had 340cc and hope mine look like yours do!

your avi is fab!

x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by astanji 21st May 2013, 10:03 am

Hi hope this helps i had my ba yesterday was hoping to have 400 but ended up with 340 which is a lot smaller than i expected but i am not disappointed in my size so far they look a good size from what i can see in a macom at the moment so cant tell you a size i am now my stats are 5ft 4 and 9.5 st i was a wearing a 34a but think that was to big for me the surgeon couldnt fit the bigger size implant in i was glad he didnt force it
astanji
astanji
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 21st May 2013, 10:12 am

Just shows astanji how there is so many different factors that get taken into consideration as I needed a 420cc minimum and I'm similar stats to you Smike
I find it amazing how the same implant can look completely different on different bodies even if they do have similar stats. I hope your feeling ok today. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 21st May 2013, 10:20 am

Both me and my sister have almost identical body shapes but were both advised of different sizes/ styles of implants... she got 240/250 rounds and im getting 280/295 anatomicals! ... theres no fixed rule for everyone! :) so as Cookie said your better going into your consultation with an open mind because he/ she is the expert who carries out these ops day in day out! good luck on tues xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by astanji 21st May 2013, 10:24 am

Pain is quite bad but think that is down to the compression band i have undone it a couple of time and they feel so much better
astanji
astanji
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 21st May 2013, 12:07 pm

You don't get to choose unders/overs, your surgeon will decide that for you. Don't listen to your friends either, that's very silly of them telling you that! your surgeon will recommend a size or a couple of sizes for you, that suit your body and won't higher your risk of complications.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 21st May 2013, 12:25 pm

Cookie is so right! we are all so different. I had 270cc unders and am a 32D. I will still have some swelling though. I couldn't go any bigger due to my frame and he wouldn't have been able to get anything bigger in. He said the result would not have been acceptable to him aesthetically as a surgeon. That some surgeons will put in whatever size to please the patient, but if he felt something wasn't right he would not agree to it professionally. I didn't mind losing a bit of volume to get a nicer shape though.

As everyone has said, listen to the professional! That's what you're paying for! Like the other girls have said take some pictures with you, I found that really helpful. It's easy to get caught up and obsessed with looking at everyone else! and googling! You'll know when you meet the surgeon for you! you need to trust them and feel confident. It sounds harsh, but at the end of the day they are going to cutting you with a scalpel!
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 21st May 2013, 12:33 pm

I also took a few pictures of what I didn't want too! he was shocked and asked where i'd found the pictures, that the surgeons shouldn't have been given the privilege to call themselves Plastic Surgeons! the majority of them had a poor result as the implant size was too big for the individual. I'd found the pics online on various clinic websites - non UK

XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 21st May 2013, 12:38 pm

Astanji I'm so glad u said that the compression band has been cutting into me!!

Having to write down all my times I'm taking stuff I feel spaced out lol xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by astanji 21st May 2013, 1:23 pm

I have set my alarm on my phone so I don't forget the anti b the painkillers I am taking as needed trying not to take the strongest one during the day just night to help me sleep how long do you have to wear the band for
astanji
astanji
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next