Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consultation advice

+4
Doublethetrouble2012
mais04
COOKIE
sianyoungx
8 posters

Go down

Consultation advice Empty Consultation advice

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 10:05 am

Thanks for all the welcomes Consultation advice 4239681551 just wondering what to expect at the consultation?

I rang Transform up a few days ago enquiring about a free consultation and she asked me what I was after and I mentioned my recomendations for Paul Clarke to which she said she would be able to get my initial meeting on the same day as a meeting with Mr Clarke as he was in the Birmingham clinic on my chosen day.

Does this mean I will be having two consulations in one day?!

Also, I'm really keen to get the price down when I eventually come to discussing that part and am willing to mention other companies but will they know if I'm blagging lol?

xxx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Consultation advice Empty Re: Consultation advice

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2012, 11:54 am

You'll see a 'Patient care co-ordinator' Sian. She will ask which procedure it is that you want and go through some pricing with you.

Do remember when you see this lady that she has no medical training. So if she discusses any part nor the procedure you're wanting or makes any decisions for you, just ignore her. The surgeon is the only person for you to be discussing what you want and how it will be done.

After you've seen the PCC you'll then be seen by your surgeon on the same day as advices by the receptionist.

Don't worry about blogging your way through prices. The larger commercial companies are very competitive with one another and and are more than happy to undercut the prices of each other. So do push a price with confidence babe and you should get a good reduction.

Please let us know how you get on wont you Sian. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 28th November 2012, 12:30 pm

I got a £250 off with transform but people have managed to get more. I waited a few days after my surgeon consultation to book and asked for the discount then and said I couldn't manage £3995 and got it for £3745. Good luck :) they won't know your blagging just go for it.
On my first consultation with surgeon I took a notepad with questions to ask and to write down everything he recommended like size profile and placement of implant.
You should get to try on implants in a sports bra to get a good idea of what size you want.
Xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Doublethetrouble2012 28th November 2012, 12:37 pm

Good luck, let me know how it goes, I'm looking at transform but in Glasgow or edinburgh, not too sure of the surgeon yet xx
Doublethetrouble2012
Doublethetrouble2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 12:42 pm

Thanks for the info, will definitely take a note pad with me! Just out of curiosity, I'm not going to be able to get the time off work until late April, do companies like transform have long waiting lists? Xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2012, 12:47 pm

Aprils not so far away babe. I'm sure you'll be ok to book for then.

We also have a consultation notebook for you to print off and take with you to the clinic if you'd like to use it Sian.

You'll find it in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum hun. It's filled with every question imaginable for you to ask sweetness and a great help if you'd like to use it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 12:50 pm

That's fab thank you, it's so exciting to finally get the ball rolling! Xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 12:51 pm

mais04 wrote:I got a £250 off with transform but people have managed to get more. I waited a few days after my surgeon consultation to book and asked for the discount then and said I couldn't manage £3995 and got it for £3745. Good luck :) they won't know your blagging just go for it.
On my first consultation with surgeon I took a notepad with questions to ask and to write down everything he recommended like size profile and placement of implant.
You should get to try on implants in a sports bra to get a good idea of what size you want.
Xx

Thanks for the advice, did you have a daycare or overnight? Xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 28th November 2012, 1:12 pm

Stayed overnight it was lovely :) xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th November 2012, 1:16 pm

another thing i found was to try in all the diff shaped implants but try in 2 diff sizes at the same time so that you can actually see the diff.

Its all so exciting, xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 28th November 2012, 1:20 pm

Hey hun, congrats on getting your first consultation :)

I have a consultation with Paul Clarke in early December, can't wait because I've heard a lot of great things about him.

I've seen one other surgeon at Transform (Mr Mahdi who was also great) and I took in lots of photos of boobs I liked, and boobs I didn't, which he really appreciated. He also went through most of the photos with me asking what I did and didn't like, which really helped xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 28th November 2012, 3:06 pm

sianyoungx wrote:Just out of curiosity, I'm not going to be able to get the time off work until late April, do companies like transform have long waiting lists? Xx

I had mine done with Transform. There was less than 4 weeks between the day I booked and my actual surgery. They actually had dates available for 2 weeks after my consultation but that date didnt work for me so they'll definitely have spaces for April. The other thing that might happen is that sometimes they only know diary avaibility for so far ahead so they may not know April dates yet.

Regarding the price, I was quoted 3995 by Transform and they came down to 3595 because I asked them if they could price match the 3500 that Mya had offered me (Mya started at 4150 but then went down to 3500 without me even asking because I told them I wouldnt make a decision until I had had a consultaion with Transform). I didnt even realise I could haggle until Mya offered me that lower price! xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 28th November 2012, 7:15 pm

Hi Sian I went with transform....got £300 discount was overnight stay and could have had mine done 2 weeks after my consultation! Good luck Hun :thumbs: xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 502

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2012, 7:32 pm

If they tell you their diary doesn't go beyond a certain date babe, tell them you'll take your business somewhere else then as you want to get it booked and that's the only date you have.

They'll sometimes tell a little fib about dates to fill the earlier dates, so if you stand your ground about the date you want the wont want to lose your business and will eventually agree to the date you want. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 10:17 pm

Shazcott wrote:Hi Sian I went with transform....got £300 discount was overnight stay and could have had mine done 2 weeks after my consultation! Good luck Hun Consultation advice 184153 xxx

Thats fab, what did you say regarding the price?

xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 10:18 pm

queenyk wrote:
sianyoungx wrote:Just out of curiosity, I'm not going to be able to get the time off work until late April, do companies like transform have long waiting lists? Xx

I had mine done with Transform. There was less than 4 weeks between the day I booked and my actual surgery. They actually had dates available for 2 weeks after my consultation but that date didnt work for me so they'll definitely have spaces for April. The other thing that might happen is that sometimes they only know diary avaibility for so far ahead so they may not know April dates yet.

Regarding the price, I was quoted 3995 by Transform and they came down to 3595 because I asked them if they could price match the 3500 that Mya had offered me (Mya started at 4150 but then went down to 3500 without me even asking because I told them I wouldnt make a decision until I had had a consultaion with Transform). I didnt even realise I could haggle until Mya offered me that lower price! xx

Thats good, I want to haggle but if I like Mr Clarke I may not go elsewhere so I would be lying if I said I already had a quote from Mya - did they ask you anything regarding your consultation with Mya or could I simply get away with saying I'd already been quoted a lower price from them?

xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 28th November 2012, 10:19 pm

cookie wrote:If they tell you their diary doesn't go beyond a certain date babe, tell them you'll take your business somewhere else then as you want to get it booked and that's the only date you have.

They'll sometimes tell a little fib about dates to fill the earlier dates, so if you stand your ground about the date you want the wont want to lose your business and will eventually agree to the date you want. Xx

Ok brill I'll bear that in mind when it comes to it..not going to rush but I know April is the earliest I can get in so fingers crossed it will be all good!xxx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 28th November 2012, 10:30 pm

They didnt ask anything about my Mya consultation in the slightest. I just said "I'm finding it really hard to choose between you and Mya. Is there anyway you could match their price becasue they've quoted me £3500" She said she'd contact head office and get back to me. she called me before the end of the day with £400 knocked off! I dont think there's any way they'd find out you didnt have a consultation elsewhere.I cant see them really talking to the competition much and especially not about quotes. Since Mya were willing to knock off £650 at the drop of a hat, i thought if I dont ask I'll always think what if. £650 is alot of money and so is £400 so I'm happy Consultation advice 899188
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down