Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me....

+55
jadeBA
rache1976
Cat007
hlt67
xaxa
katyp
Aurora1979
sweetpoison
cocogirl
gemari
LolaDV
louisajane82
mistyhoney
whoknew1987
MKaz
Sara_Crooks
Kat4
bronzewolf
Xle4hx
rosygirl90
jen86
louise_vaa
Princess76
RedUmbrella
welshvicci123
kiwigirl
Phoebe
aliwoo
Wenna
Lauren87
AmyD
rlmiller8267
Crystal
Opal_Eyes
minxie
tammo22uk
LM
millie10
missy77
needboobs
Natty29
lou231179
cinomanhatch
alexandra33
Josey
evee123
Lou2011
kay
baf
XxTracyxX
Love2run
barbiecon
suzyb
puma419
xbeautifulx
59 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me....

Post by alexandra33 17th October 2011, 12:27 pm

Hey Kat4,

Just drink LOADS of water, fresh fruit, prunes (if u can stand them) and maybe take some sort of fiber supplement. The swollen belly is mostly due to constipation, but a bit of fluid retention (cured with tons of water).

It goes away quickly with the proper eating Post op

you'll be brill - good luck!!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me....

Post by Kat4 17th October 2011, 12:37 pm

ah thanks for that alexandra33 - i actually like prunes - wonder if its cos Im old Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 557141
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 17th October 2011, 12:43 pm

Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 557141 Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 557141 Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 557141 Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 557141

Kat4, hilarious - I must be old too cos I LOVE them LOL

x
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara_Crooks 17th October 2011, 12:57 pm

that its possible to be allergic to the surgical tape they use. If it wasnt for this constant itching, I would be happy but I am constantly itching everywhere the tape is, and have to have it on for another week!!!
Sara_Crooks
Sara_Crooks
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 17th October 2011, 8:54 pm

Kat4 - If you don't mind prunes, you might not mind prune juice?? I took a bottle of prune juice to the hospital with me (and kept it in the mini fridge in my room!) and had a cup or two of that along with all the water I was drinking. Then I'd have a cup each morning as well as lots of vitamin C (which if you take in a high enough dose, also has a laxative effect!).

I didn't actually get constipated or bloated at all. Normal movements the whole way through!

Maybe I was lucky, or maybe it was the prune juice!! I don't know, but it's not going to hurt you, anyway!

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 17th October 2011, 9:36 pm

Thanks for that advice .... DH is just getting his shoes on now to nip to tesco for me ... at 10.30pm - aw he's so nervous - think hes more so than me tonight - and very cuddly.

Had been thinking that if I am feeling sensitive (over sensitive more like) after the ba - just cos the emotional side of it - that it would be cack if i had a stuck out belly! Thought of a stuck out belly really scares me ... part of the reason Ive decided to have this ba is that ive lost so much weight, size 16 down to 8/10 (YEY) and so went my boobies with that weight loss - Im a bit obsessive about my body bits and it doesnt take much to make me feel a bit emotional ... like if Ive not run for a couple of days I start to panic about piling on the weight again. The post op wait till I can run or go the gym will do me in.

On the plus side there is less than 12 hours to go !
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MKaz 17th October 2011, 9:58 pm

I wish someone would have told me to find out from my surgeon DURING THE CONSULT whether she would need to fill one implant more than the other. Mine told me that I had great symmetry but ended up filling one with 30 more CCs because she said she noticed the size difference during the operation. That breast looks bigger than the other now. I would NOT have agreed to this as I have never noticed a size difference!
MKaz
MKaz
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 18th October 2011, 12:26 am

I had mine done for the exact same reason Kat, and was also freaking out about getting pregnant with a food-baby post-op!!

But seemed to me like the prune juice took care of it!

Don't worry too much about putting on weight. I've put on about 4 pounds... but half of that is the implant weight itself, and the other half is probably from being a bit out of my normal exercise regime. You can do some things though - I've been on the recumbent bike at the gym since 2 weeks post op, as I was told to slowly increase activity from that point. I'm still not doing anything that involves bouncing or my arms, but you can do some things, so you don't feel like a total lump!

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by whoknew1987 18th October 2011, 12:40 am

Wenna wrote: Well i wish i had been told that although its surgery its elective surgery and you dont get as much sympathy and help because you brought it on yourself ! Unlike if you had an op coz there was something wrong with you !

Oh and also that although your husband was fine about you having a BA they can change and be a bit off after !

Xxxx

The lack of sympathy worries me as i'm a bit pathetic on day 3 of a flu/cold so i know after surgery i'm likely to be feeling pretty sorry for myself.. Don't think the booby blues and not being able to wash my own hair is gonna help matters either.. xxx
whoknew1987
whoknew1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 18th October 2011, 6:45 am

rosygirl90 wrote:having the anesthetic needle was the only part of having a boob job what caused me pain!! everythink else is o.k you just feel uncomftable but your not in constant achey pain xxx

oh noooo Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 856466 im so scared of getting this done... i will be getting them to load that numbing cream on nice and thick b4 hand....im really worried though about after while its still in, i might actually puke still seeing it in Before I had my BA I wish somebody had told me.... - Page 4 588945 , my husband already knows how freaked out i'll get seeing it in so knows to tell them to bandage my hand up as much as they can b4 i wake so i cant actually see it in if you know what i mean Shocked

misty x
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 18th October 2011, 6:58 am

Misty don't worry, this was also big fear of mine, can't stand seeing it in other peoples hands so the thought of it being in mine freaked me out, they refused to take it out before I came round and I spent most of the post op having to hide my hand under the blankets! It was uncomfortable and I didn't like it but was so dozy after the ga it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Turned out i was glad to have it in the end, I was in so much pain I had to have a drip put through it x
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 18th October 2011, 10:26 am

This thread is such a good idea, thanks so much to everyone for sharing this stuff, I feel a bit more prepared now! Xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by xbeautifulx 18th October 2011, 10:21 pm

louisajane82 wrote:This thread is such a good idea, thanks so much to everyone for sharing this stuff, I feel a bit more prepared now! Xx

:thumbs:
xbeautifulx
xbeautifulx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 478

Back to top Go down

Post by LolaDV 19th October 2011, 8:00 am

thanks for all the advice guys...awesome thread, but man now Im worried lollll
LolaDV
LolaDV
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess76 19th October 2011, 9:49 am

LolaDV wrote:thanks for all the advice guys...awesome thread, but man now Im worried lollll

Don't worry, some people don't get any of these at all, just something to bear in mind so you're a bit more prepared. I'm still in a bit of pain but because I knew what to expect I know it's all normal so I'm not phoning my nurse every 5 mins in a panic! You'll be fine!
Princess76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 19th October 2011, 1:46 pm

Honestly Lola, Princess is right, don't worry! It's just so that you know if one of these things happens, what it is, and that it's normal (or not normal, and to go see your PS).

It's all about having all the facts, which even some of the best Plastic surgeons won't tell you!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 2nd November 2011, 3:44 pm

I wish someone had told me that your body can reject the stitches. Nearly all of mine have come to the surface sad smile
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd November 2011, 3:47 pm

Sorry to hear this gemari...did your PS say what you can do about this?
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 2nd November 2011, 3:56 pm

I'm seeing my nurse tomorrow. It's really getting me down, I don't look healed at all all my incisions have stitches coming out and they hurt. I started to take off my steri strips after a shower this morning, and I have a swollen red part where the little threads are coming through. I've read about spit stitches so I know this is quite common, but still glad I'm seeing someone tomorrow so she can clean it for me. I've not read about anyone who has it as bad as I do though. Even the stitches which aren't poking through, I can feel working themselves up to the top sick
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd November 2011, 3:57 pm

Good that you're getting in tomorrow, maybe they can do a couple of disolvable stitches for you where they're splitting, that way you won't have to go in again! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun!
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 2nd November 2011, 4:08 pm

Thanks Hug xxx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 2nd November 2011, 4:30 pm

Aww gemari :-( Hope they can sort it out for you tomorrow chick xx

Hug
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 2nd November 2011, 6:46 pm

Gemari - lots of luck for tomorrow. Sure they will sort it for you. xx
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cocogirl 3rd November 2011, 6:47 am

brilliant thread - thanks girlies!! xxx
cocogirl
cocogirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 3rd November 2011, 3:24 pm

Gemari: feel very sorry for you, must hurt! but I am sure the nurse can help you! Keeping my fingers crossed, hope it is all better today!! xx
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next